Yep, that would be nice. They promised true folder browsing more than a year ago and then promptly abandoned the whole process of issuing updates.
I was an early M fan but no longer:
- lousy battery life
- battery drains when the unit is off (which they refuse to admit)
- laggy UI (that often outright freezes - all you can do is wait for the processor to catch up)
- distorts with many dynamic IEMs unless you use an adapter that diminishes sound quality
- no folder browsing
- no ongoing support (FW upgrades)
The positives are very real though:
- excellent SQ with balanced armature IEMs (thick and euphonic, not especially airy)
- beautiful screen
- excellent UI (but for no folder browsing, also undermined by insufficient processor power)
It is a remarkable DAP in many ways but too much of a PITA to get any use from me now. Lotoo PAW Gold rules my roost. It is pricey though.
I agree with your positive comments on sound quality. I use it with my Roxannes, A12's, and K10's.
How would you compare the Lotoo Gold sound signature to rhe M? Also if you have heard any of the AK players, how would you compare to those?
I have read great things regarding the Lotoo but not sure I can get past that gold wheel.