um, i think first page needs to be updated, looks like they changed the design, i'm not interested anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/16/14 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LCD 3 with LYR 2? Last post on 10/12/14 at 12:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 36post #526 of 45811/26/14 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 45811/26/14 at 12:24amQuote:
what do you mean by "they changed the design" ?
Are you speaking about the 64Gb internal memory that is today a joke !
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 12:26ampost #528 of 45811/26/14 at 1:05ampost #529 of 45811/26/14 at 1:24am
Well, it's like the difference between the sexy "Concept CAR" and the final "me too" production car....post #530 of 45811/26/14 at 1:40am
i think that's the design that they'll use for the final prod, based on their facebook
their prototype is much more better...post #531 of 45811/26/14 at 2:48ampost #532 of 45811/26/14 at 4:07ampost #533 of 45811/26/14 at 9:56amQuote:
Updated? For you? The design has been evolving. The one in the video is the working prototype. The one that they plan to sell is in many pictures that they have released over the past month.post #534 of 45811/26/14 at 10:48amUm, and those in the first page are the prototypes, right?
Because the prototypes aren't going to be in our hands, should we change the image to those which they are going to sale? Pardon my ideas if you don't like it then.post #535 of 45811/26/14 at 10:51ampost #536 of 45811/26/14 at 10:52amQuote:
I agree with you, in the same way the title was updated when they changed the storage spec...post #537 of 45811/26/14 at 10:57amQuote:
Yes, and it was a BIG disapointment to find out that it was only 64 + 64 Mb ! :-((
What à strange business decision to NOT at least offer also higher capacity
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 11:01ampost #538 of 45811/26/14 at 11:07amQuote:
agree, pretty shoddy for an apparently high end effort...post #539 of 45811/26/14 at 11:21am
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.post #540 of 45811/26/14 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.
Something will come along soon enough, it still strikes me as odd that a manufacturer would highlight the ability to play lossless formats without thinking through the storage implications... And that's not just Calyx...
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › FT: Mad Dogs 3.2 for Geek Out 720/1000 14 seconds ago
- › knife-fi? 21 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH5pro appreciation thread 32 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 37 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › Sneaker-Fi (or Shoe-Fi) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine and RE300h (hifi) Earphone launched!... 3 minutes ago
- › Bottle Head Crack 240V custom build 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)