um, i think first page needs to be updated, looks like they changed the design, i'm not interested anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone upgrade Last post on 12/6/14 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where is the sweet spot for quality headphones? Last post on 12/2/14 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K702 65th + K7xx (massdrop) Keep? Or Return? Last post on 12/13/14 at 10:31pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 36post #526 of 47151/26/14 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 47151/26/14 at 12:24amQuote:
what do you mean by "they changed the design" ?
Are you speaking about the 64Gb internal memory that is today a joke !
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 12:26ampost #528 of 47151/26/14 at 1:05ampost #529 of 47151/26/14 at 1:24am
Well, it's like the difference between the sexy "Concept CAR" and the final "me too" production car....post #530 of 47151/26/14 at 1:40am
i think that's the design that they'll use for the final prod, based on their facebook
their prototype is much more better...post #531 of 47151/26/14 at 2:48ampost #532 of 47151/26/14 at 4:07ampost #533 of 47151/26/14 at 9:56amQuote:
Updated? For you? The design has been evolving. The one in the video is the working prototype. The one that they plan to sell is in many pictures that they have released over the past month.post #534 of 47151/26/14 at 10:48amUm, and those in the first page are the prototypes, right?
Because the prototypes aren't going to be in our hands, should we change the image to those which they are going to sale? Pardon my ideas if you don't like it then.post #535 of 47151/26/14 at 10:51ampost #536 of 47151/26/14 at 10:52amQuote:
I agree with you, in the same way the title was updated when they changed the storage spec...post #537 of 47151/26/14 at 10:57amQuote:
Yes, and it was a BIG disapointment to find out that it was only 64 + 64 Mb ! :-((
What à strange business decision to NOT at least offer also higher capacity
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 11:01ampost #538 of 47151/26/14 at 11:07amQuote:
agree, pretty shoddy for an apparently high end effort...post #539 of 47151/26/14 at 11:21am
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.post #540 of 47151/26/14 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.
Something will come along soon enough, it still strikes me as odd that a manufacturer would highlight the ability to play lossless formats without thinking through the storage implications... And that's not just Calyx...
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Fiio E11 or the E11K sugesstions 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 7 minutes ago
- › X5 - New Firmware: Suggestions (other than Playlist features) 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio as life and art! 8 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 11 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 11 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 12 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)