um, i think first page needs to be updated, looks like they changed the design, i'm not interested anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/10/14 at 7:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 36post #526 of 41651/26/14 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 41651/26/14 at 12:24amQuote:
what do you mean by "they changed the design" ?
Are you speaking about the 64Gb internal memory that is today a joke !
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 12:26ampost #528 of 41651/26/14 at 1:05ampost #529 of 41651/26/14 at 1:24am
Well, it's like the difference between the sexy "Concept CAR" and the final "me too" production car....post #530 of 41651/26/14 at 1:40am
i think that's the design that they'll use for the final prod, based on their facebook
their prototype is much more better...post #531 of 41651/26/14 at 2:48ampost #532 of 41651/26/14 at 4:07ampost #533 of 41651/26/14 at 9:56amQuote:
Updated? For you? The design has been evolving. The one in the video is the working prototype. The one that they plan to sell is in many pictures that they have released over the past month.post #534 of 41651/26/14 at 10:48amUm, and those in the first page are the prototypes, right?
Because the prototypes aren't going to be in our hands, should we change the image to those which they are going to sale? Pardon my ideas if you don't like it then.post #535 of 41651/26/14 at 10:51ampost #536 of 41651/26/14 at 10:52amQuote:
I agree with you, in the same way the title was updated when they changed the storage spec...post #537 of 41651/26/14 at 10:57amQuote:
Yes, and it was a BIG disapointment to find out that it was only 64 + 64 Mb ! :-((
What à strange business decision to NOT at least offer also higher capacity
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 11:01ampost #538 of 41651/26/14 at 11:07amQuote:
agree, pretty shoddy for an apparently high end effort...post #539 of 41651/26/14 at 11:21am
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.post #540 of 41651/26/14 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.
Something will come along soon enough, it still strikes me as odd that a manufacturer would highlight the ability to play lossless formats without thinking through the storage implications... And that's not just Calyx...
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 44 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 2: SmartPower. Please feed the... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 4 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)