um, i think first page needs to be updated, looks like they changed the design, i'm not interested anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 36post #526 of 49921/26/14 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 49921/26/14 at 12:24amQuote:
what do you mean by "they changed the design" ?
Are you speaking about the 64Gb internal memory that is today a joke !
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 12:26ampost #528 of 49921/26/14 at 1:05ampost #529 of 49921/26/14 at 1:24am
Well, it's like the difference between the sexy "Concept CAR" and the final "me too" production car....post #530 of 49921/26/14 at 1:40am
i think that's the design that they'll use for the final prod, based on their facebook
their prototype is much more better...post #531 of 49921/26/14 at 2:48ampost #532 of 49921/26/14 at 4:07ampost #533 of 49921/26/14 at 9:56amQuote:
Updated? For you? The design has been evolving. The one in the video is the working prototype. The one that they plan to sell is in many pictures that they have released over the past month.post #534 of 49921/26/14 at 10:48amUm, and those in the first page are the prototypes, right?
Because the prototypes aren't going to be in our hands, should we change the image to those which they are going to sale? Pardon my ideas if you don't like it then.post #535 of 49921/26/14 at 10:51ampost #536 of 49921/26/14 at 10:52amQuote:
I agree with you, in the same way the title was updated when they changed the storage spec...post #537 of 49921/26/14 at 10:57amQuote:
Yes, and it was a BIG disapointment to find out that it was only 64 + 64 Mb ! :-((
What à strange business decision to NOT at least offer also higher capacity
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 11:01ampost #538 of 49921/26/14 at 11:07amQuote:
agree, pretty shoddy for an apparently high end effort...post #539 of 49921/26/14 at 11:21am
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.post #540 of 49921/26/14 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.
Something will come along soon enough, it still strikes me as odd that a manufacturer would highlight the ability to play lossless formats without thinking through the storage implications... And that's not just Calyx...
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Stax SR007 Resonance Problems? 15 seconds ago
- › Best IEM tips? 20 seconds ago
- › Suggestions needed for headphones to keep on reserve in college... 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 1 minute ago
- › Quick Sale: UM Mentor CIEM + Free Express DHL Shipping 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 or M2 Wired 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by SonicSedi
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2