um, i think first page needs to be updated, looks like they changed the design, i'm not interested anymore
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 with MiniBox, Discrete or IEM card Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 36post #526 of 48881/26/14 at 12:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #527 of 48881/26/14 at 12:24amQuote:
what do you mean by "they changed the design" ?
Are you speaking about the 64Gb internal memory that is today a joke !
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 12:26ampost #528 of 48881/26/14 at 1:05ampost #529 of 48881/26/14 at 1:24am
Well, it's like the difference between the sexy "Concept CAR" and the final "me too" production car....post #530 of 48881/26/14 at 1:40am
i think that's the design that they'll use for the final prod, based on their facebook
their prototype is much more better...post #531 of 48881/26/14 at 2:48ampost #532 of 48881/26/14 at 4:07ampost #533 of 48881/26/14 at 9:56amQuote:
Updated? For you? The design has been evolving. The one in the video is the working prototype. The one that they plan to sell is in many pictures that they have released over the past month.post #534 of 48881/26/14 at 10:48amUm, and those in the first page are the prototypes, right?
Because the prototypes aren't going to be in our hands, should we change the image to those which they are going to sale? Pardon my ideas if you don't like it then.post #535 of 48881/26/14 at 10:51ampost #536 of 48881/26/14 at 10:52amQuote:
I agree with you, in the same way the title was updated when they changed the storage spec...post #537 of 48881/26/14 at 10:57amQuote:
Yes, and it was a BIG disapointment to find out that it was only 64 + 64 Mb ! :-((
What à strange business decision to NOT at least offer also higher capacity
Edited by bmichels - 1/26/14 at 11:01ampost #538 of 48881/26/14 at 11:07amQuote:
agree, pretty shoddy for an apparently high end effort...post #539 of 48881/26/14 at 11:21am
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.post #540 of 48881/26/14 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by feverfive
^^^ That's why I'll be sitting out this iteration of the Calyx offering (really, I'm holding off on buying any new DAP until this time next year in all likelihood). I will read with interest what Calyx does, and how it is received. However, I will not buy until good sound can be mated with high capacity (256GB minimum) & good design (very subjective & all-encompassing, I know). I'm taking to heart what some have said in the AK240 thread: no one is forcing me to buy. Therefore, I will not buy until someone makes a new DAP that checks all the boxes for me.
Something will come along soon enough, it still strikes me as odd that a manufacturer would highlight the ability to play lossless formats without thinking through the storage implications... And that's not just Calyx...
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica CKX Information & Reviews Thread 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015: X2 -partial-,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Got The Brainwavz S0 Today!! a.k.a. The S0 impressions thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2