Is Calyx M capable making playlist on the fly? Like adding the song to the playlist while on the go? Is jukebox the only way?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 332post #4966 of 49803/24/15 at 6:44pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4967 of 49803/25/15 at 3:59am
No problem - while the song is playing tap the icon in the upper right corner (for the list of currently played songs), long-tap on the highlighted (current) song and choose +P List
Edited by nephilim - 3/25/15 at 4:23ampost #4968 of 49803/25/15 at 4:22am
A few more days with the M... more trouble:
1) I have two 128GB sandisk MicroSD cards, the second sits in an SD-microSD adapter (again Sandisk). I noticed that sometimes the library scan when turning on the device would skip the SD card. Starting the scan manually works -Not perfect but OK
2) Sometimes the player skips songs. I hear a series of clicking noises when the M skips the remaining songs in the currently active list. When I turn on the screen and select the first skipped song it usually works, but sometimes the M shows the message that the file is damaged. However, the file is played when I select it a second time. This is annoying.
3) It happened a few times that while a song was playing I browsed through the albums and selected another track.. The M stopped with a couple of click/crack noises and then I heard a very loud plop-noise. I was almost falling off my chair because it was really loud and almost hurt my ears. I was using InEar SD-4 IEMs at that moment. I don't remember everything - I either got the "file damaged" or "Calyx M has stopped" screen. After that it played normally. Something like this MUST not happen!
4) Today I encountered error #2 again. The player software restarted (the device was not rebooted!) but after that the display was flickering - the pixels were moving in horizontal direction in a random way by 1-2 pixels. Everything was still readable but looked a bit strange. Rebooting cured this.
My typical day with the M: about 6hours in the office, where the M is mostly on pause; total play time 2h. In the evening there is another 2-3h.
I am really at the point where I wonder how well designed this product is. The screen unglueing is one thing, The software is annoying but on the other hand offers nice features. The loud noise when the software crashes is unacceptable.post #4969 of 49803/25/15 at 5:01amSorry to hear that, I never have the player on pause and have never experienced a crash. The only noise I get is when playing the first song in an album. I did not load the latest firmware with the charging fix, I am on the last firmware that was released prior to that one.post #4970 of 49803/25/15 at 5:56am
I was wondering whether the memory cards could cause the player's problem to read files correctly. But then I haven't heard anything bad about Sandisk up to now... I will contact Calyx and see what they recommend.post #4971 of 49803/25/15 at 4:20pmQuote:
This is not what i meant. What i meant was adding the current playing song immediately into a playlist. Rather then a long-tap. Is it also possible to have multiple songs added to the playlist while viewing the album? I know we can add an album and remove multiple songs but, can we add multiple songs from the album?
Can anyone clarify if we can press next from tracks? My song keeps repeating playing from tracks and could not go next or backpost #4972 of 49803/25/15 at 4:29pm
What i would do is try a complete DAP reset then see what happens. If its the same problems try seeing if you can do a fresh reinstall of the FW. If it doesn't allow you to do this see if you can get a hold of an older FW install that and then reinstall the newer FW over that. If that doesn't work, I'd open a ticket with Calyx or whomever you bought the player from and get a replacement, you may have a defective unit. Other options you could try, may work but more then likely won't but who knows, swap out your SD cards and see how the player responds. Maybe even try noting down the problem files and doing a fresh re-encode and see if the player responds to the problematic music better.
Good Lord, my days of screwing around with iBasso stuff has made me a troubleshoot gurupost #4973 of 49803/26/15 at 4:22am
I had a problem with a SanDisk micro SD card, which I bought off ebay, that I used in my M and that turned out to be a fake. When I tried to load whole albums onto it individual files, or sometimes all of them, would be corrupted and unreadable. If I tried to load the files individually they looked OK but when played on the Calyx would stop part-way through, or have big sections which were corrupted and skipped/played with dropouts. Sometimes M would not play the file at all and would give the message that the file was damaged. Also, like you, sometimes the M wouldn't read the card at all on boot-up. I Googled 'fake SanDisk micro SD card" and it turned out I had bought a fake, and ebay refunded me. When I replaced it with a genuine SanDisk micro SD card from Amazon, all of these problems disappeared. So I'd check out the authenticity of your card if you're not sure. Apparently there are loads of fake SanDisk cards around.post #4974 of 49803/26/15 at 6:03am
If anyone interested in Calyx M + Aclear Porta NXT-2AK, please do let me know.post #4975 of 49803/26/15 at 7:47am
Thanks - I had not thought about this. I bought both cards from Amazon directly. The first is full and worked flawlessly in my AK120 for the past months. The second one is 1.5 weeks old and holds 75GB of music. The backs fo the cards differ a bit. I will run a test software tonight and see if there are any indictations for one of the cards being a fake.post #4976 of 49803/26/15 at 6:31pmpost #4977 of 49803/26/15 at 6:38pmQuote:
Looks nice, it would be sick if the Tag can remote control the Mpost #4978 of 49803/26/15 at 6:42pmQuote:
Yeah, but the Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 is a fully mechanic watch, my first automatic by the way. So, not going to happen.
Did I mention that the SE846 pairs wonderfuly with the M?post #4979 of 49803/27/15 at 5:10amQuote:
I think if I ever saw you walking down an empty street Id mug you for that sweet ass watch.post #4980 of 49803/27/15 at 5:44amQuote:
You may be better off mugging him for the Calyx M---not that I would normally advocate violence of any sort. However, if that is how you roll, go for the sweet sounds---you can always buy a cheap Timex.
Edited by Jap - Yesterday at 5:45 am
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 seconds ago
- › HELP: Speakers don't work when chained off of Subwoofer 27 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Control Freak passive pre-amplifier & volume attenuator 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › All Trance Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2