Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 30

post #436 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post

Ok that make sense, sorry i did not read the link.

 

Another Calyx-M cover article

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Calyx-Debuts-Reference-Quality-M-Portable-Music-Player.shtml

 

And may I quote from them:

 

 

Looks like I am not the only one day dreaming on the battery capacity!:wink_face:

post #437 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andykong View Post
 

 

Another Calyx-M cover article

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Calyx-Debuts-Reference-Quality-M-Portable-Music-Player.shtml

 

And may I quote from them:

 

 

Looks like I am not the only one day dreaming on the battery capacity!:wink_face:


It sure is a typo, that kind of big battery can't deliver only 7 hours of playback.

post #438 of 2249

In spite of my tentative hopes, earlier in this thread:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687944/999-calyx-m-with-dxd-dsd-64gb-single-sd-storage/285#post_10117536

 

 

...what bugs me most about the Calyx-M isn't the capacity or the battery life, but the fact that there really don't appear to be any [ FFW ] or [ REW ] buttons on the unit, which, IMO, is a stupidly unnecessary omission, possibly to reduce development time of the firmware, but substantially crippling the user-friendliness of the device, for people who do not wish to lift their expensive DAP out of their pocket every time they wish to select a different track. This is not just inconvenient, it's downright hazardous to personal safety / possessions security in places like central London, Barcelona, NYC, etc, where muggers or pick-pockets are common.

 

Sony and Cowon understand this, and iBasso have addressed the DX100s omissions in the DX50/DX90.

post #439 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

In spite of my tentative hopes, earlier in this thread:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687944/999-calyx-m-with-dxd-dsd-64gb-single-sd-storage/285#post_10117536

 

 

...what bugs me most about the Calyx-M isn't the capacity or the battery life, but the fact that there really don't appear to be any [ FFW ] or [ REW ] buttons on the unit, which, IMO, is a stupidly unnecessary omission, possibly to reduce development time of the firmware, but substantially crippling the user-friendliness of the device, for people who do not wish to lift their expensive DAP out of their pocket every time they wish to select a different track. This is not just inconvenient, it's downright hazardous to personal safety / possessions security in places like central London, Barcelona, NYC, etc, where muggers or pick-pockets are common.

 

Sony and Cowon understand this, and iBasso have addressed the DX100s omissions in the DX50/DX90.


Don't worry they look for Fruit devices and Beats headphones to steal, not audiophile gears. It is not about the value, it is just, they don't know anything about it that's all. When you listen to music through something else than iphone they look at you like you are a maniac. I don't even go to ciem world ;) Beats ftw, the headphones ever created for sure :tongue_smile:

post #440 of 2249

The DAC chip has been announced on Facebook:

 

Quote:
 For DAC chip, we use ESS 9018 2m. You know we have a lot of experience of ESS chips and how to deal with it in every subtle detail.

 

I am very interested in this DAP. 

post #441 of 2249

But the fact it will be shipped in late March or April makes me somehow lose interest :(

post #442 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednuht View Post
 

But the fact it will be shipped in late March or April makes me somehow lose interest :(

 

Well.... to be fair, that's around the same time the iBasso DX90 and Fiio X5 are slated for international releases, so late March isn't unreasonable.

post #443 of 2249

Yep, but when you fall for something, you want it immediately :veryevil:

Actually, my obsolete DAP is going to pass out, so I'm about replacing it soon, hope it can stay alive till there, otherwise I have to choose ZX1 or 901 as alternative solutions :confused_face:

post #444 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

LOL @ comment in that video:

 

"Battery life is very substantial - a bare minimum of seven hours  ... up to 10"

 

 

Errr... since when is 7-10 hours 'very substantial'?!

 

That's pretty damn poor, in my book!

 

I cannot find this video, just a photograph. Is there a direct link?
post #445 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IU0e0w-3No

post #446 of 2249

Thanks!

post #447 of 2249

after reading this thread i think the only way to know is wait till Calyx M officially released to masses and wait for first reviews. 

post #448 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

after reading this thread i think the only way to know is wait till Calyx M officially released to masses and wait for first reviews. 

I think "masses" may not quite be the target audience... :wink_face:

post #449 of 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc-k View Post
 

I think "masses" may not quite be the target audience... :wink_face:

 

naaa.... come on, look at AK240 price, this is what i would call "not for masses"... Calyx price is right spot on for me and i guess for many provided it will sound great too.

 

my excitement about Calyx is simple, this is first time i see true high end maker entering DAP market.... which means more big shiny boys might join this and then AK prices will drop like a stone, hopefully. because no matter AK claims i suppose only S-moded AK120 gets close to real high end sound.


Edited by Gintaras - 1/11/14 at 3:21am
post #450 of 2249

So they use 2M version of Sabre chip and still get only 7 hours of battery life? *sigh* When I saw the Sabre chip and 7 hours, I thought they were using the desktop chip version one, the one we seen in DX100.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage