Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 279

post #4171 of 4461
Try upgrading firmware with USB disconnected from anything. Even a clean reboot if needed. As long as the zip file is in the internal memory it should upgrade fine.
post #4172 of 4461

I don't see battery percentage symbol? Was it removed in latest FW? 

post #4173 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post

I don't see battery percentage symbol? Was it removed in latest FW? 
Numerical battery indicator is never appear unless it's running low.
post #4174 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamot View Post


Numerical battery indicator is never appear unless it's running low.

How much low? Also, how badly the battery drained on stand by? Thank you.

post #4175 of 4461

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripvanlink View Post
 

What???    .....      What???     ...... Awk!  Sqawk!     Where's the Calyx M review? Isn't it about time?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

There are reviews out but I see no point till FW 1.0 come out.
 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post
 

exactly... they need to fix too many things: APE support, Folder browser, battery life, less buggy UI, better sound quality USB DAC support, etc.

 

 

 

 

I've been away from this thread for several months, and just stopped-by to see some discussion on the final product, and all I find here is a still-unfinalised product, with no cohesive Head-fi review on it, as a consequence.

 

I mean absolutely no disrespect to those of you who have already purchased a Calyx-M, but, from an observer's POV, it is absurd that the FW isn't even out of beta yet.

 

I hope A&D turn things around soon and finally give you all the finished product you deserve.

post #4176 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post

How much low? Also, how badly the battery drained on stand by? Thank you.
Around 15-17% (or was it 5-7% forgot which) , it will show warning.
Never leave it on standby though, so don't know about battery drain on standby.
post #4177 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

I've been away from this thread for several months, and just stopped-by to see some discussion on the final product, and all I find here is a still-unfinalised product, with no cohesive Head-fi review on it, as a consequence.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to those of you who have already purchased a Calyx-M, but, from an observer's POV, it is absurd that the FW isn't even out of beta yet.

I hope A&D turn things around soon and finally give you all the finished product you deserve.
I'm close to sell this DAP, the only reason I haven't do so is because I'm waiting for its first stable firmware.
post #4178 of 4461

I just wonder why they're taking so long for fixing firmware issues.

Is that difficult to fix a few things on firmware?

If they ask a professional, I'm sure it will be done within two weeks. It seems like the company runs by few people who don't care much about customers' reviews.


Edited by kawaivpc1 - 9/1/14 at 10:15am
post #4179 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post

I just wonder why they're taking so long for fixing firmware issues.
Is that difficult to fix a few things on firmware?
If they ask a professional, I'm sure it will be done within two weeks. It seems like the company runs by few people who don't care much about customers' reviews.

The way of the audiophile DAP, much to learn my young padawan....
post #4180 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

The way of the audiophile DAP, much to learn my young padawan....

Haha! Well put, Vince! smily_headphones1.gif
post #4181 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Haha! Well put, Vince! smily_headphones1.gif

by the way, how would your rank your DAP inventory? (AK240, 100  Calyx M  DX 100  HM-901, 802, 801  ZX-1)

Would you please rank them in order of their sound quality?

post #4182 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaivpc1 View Post

by the way, how would your rank your DAP inventory? (AK240, 100  Calyx M  DX 100  HM-901, 802, 801  ZX-1)
Would you please rank them in order of their sound quality?

I will just name the top 3:

HM 901 (IEM amp card)
AK 240
Calyx M

smily_headphones1.gif
post #4183 of 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


I will just name the top 3:

HM 901 (IEM amp card)
AK 240
Calyx M

smily_headphones1.gif


Cool. I don't  use IEM so... what would be the third if you don't include HM901?

post #4184 of 4461
Ie800 and calyx M are made for ECM label albums.
post #4185 of 4461

Buddha say he who owns M and Lab 1 complain about firmware from seat in Nirvana.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage