Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 10/3/14 at 6:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- balanced amp for lcd3 Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA-8 Last post on 10/9/14 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 265
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 44707/26/14 at 10:42pm
Heaven VI is probably the most comfortable IEM i own. Sure it is not suitable for runners but for casual walkabout no issue. The cable can be microphonic but I run it over my neck as my shirts all have chest pocket but it is really not comfortable at all.post #3963 of 44707/26/14 at 10:49pmQuote:
Oops, I messed it up with Hope VI.post #3964 of 44707/26/14 at 11:00pm
Agreed that the Heaven VI is not heavy. But it does not fit everyone. Some people have trouble with the "Frankenstein's bolts" aspect of them. I am blessed that I have huge ear canals and they slip right inside. I get the best fit that I have had from any IEM. I know that this influences my extreme love of them.
But bringing this back on topic, I can testify to the fantastic synergy of the M and the Heaven VI. I was worried that the combination might be too euphonic... but no, it is exquisite. I testify to this based on more than 100 hours of listening - easily. 90%+ of my listening with the M has been with the Heaven VI.post #3965 of 44707/26/14 at 11:03pmpost #3966 of 44707/27/14 at 12:07ampost #3967 of 44707/27/14 at 12:32ampost #3968 of 44707/27/14 at 4:41ampost #3969 of 44707/27/14 at 5:01ampost #3970 of 44707/27/14 at 7:24amQuote:
This is odd, I thought people were having problems with dynamics or sensitive headphones with flat impedance under 20ohms? IE800 is 16ohms. This is intersting that IE800 does well even with reports of flat impedance phones of low impedance that are sensitive making some sort of noise with M. Probably some have a revision or the new impedance setting fixes it.
Isn't IE800 regarded as warm? And also the M. That's warm + warm, which should be very warm, no?post #3971 of 44707/27/14 at 8:00ampost #3972 of 44707/27/14 at 8:03ampost #3973 of 44707/27/14 at 8:09amQuote:
From my experience this occurs with pretty much any DAP or portable DAC that an headphone is connected to. Depending on the proximity of the radio source, the sound will be noticible, like the cellphone right next to it, and etc.. Even if the DAP is enclosed by metal, there are areas such as the screen the headphone jack, the headphone wires, and etc.. that can pick up radio to be audible if it's near enough. Try moving the phone away, and nearby whiles texting or browing the net(while there is some communication going on with the phone), and you will get a good idea of what's going on.post #3974 of 44707/27/14 at 8:31amQuote:
I believe it is getting close for the US release. I believe they may go direct to dealers rather than through a single distributer. I suspect the model will look like the Astell Kern model.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › FLASH SALE LOOK: SennGrado Cedar Cups Openback Headphone w/... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)