Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/16/14 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LCD 3 with LYR 2? Last post on 10/12/14 at 12:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 265
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 45817/26/14 at 10:42pm
Heaven VI is probably the most comfortable IEM i own. Sure it is not suitable for runners but for casual walkabout no issue. The cable can be microphonic but I run it over my neck as my shirts all have chest pocket but it is really not comfortable at all.post #3963 of 45817/26/14 at 10:49pmQuote:
Oops, I messed it up with Hope VI.post #3964 of 45817/26/14 at 11:00pm
Agreed that the Heaven VI is not heavy. But it does not fit everyone. Some people have trouble with the "Frankenstein's bolts" aspect of them. I am blessed that I have huge ear canals and they slip right inside. I get the best fit that I have had from any IEM. I know that this influences my extreme love of them.
But bringing this back on topic, I can testify to the fantastic synergy of the M and the Heaven VI. I was worried that the combination might be too euphonic... but no, it is exquisite. I testify to this based on more than 100 hours of listening - easily. 90%+ of my listening with the M has been with the Heaven VI.post #3965 of 45817/26/14 at 11:03pmpost #3966 of 45817/27/14 at 12:07ampost #3967 of 45817/27/14 at 12:32ampost #3968 of 45817/27/14 at 4:41ampost #3969 of 45817/27/14 at 5:01ampost #3970 of 45817/27/14 at 7:24amQuote:
This is odd, I thought people were having problems with dynamics or sensitive headphones with flat impedance under 20ohms? IE800 is 16ohms. This is intersting that IE800 does well even with reports of flat impedance phones of low impedance that are sensitive making some sort of noise with M. Probably some have a revision or the new impedance setting fixes it.
Isn't IE800 regarded as warm? And also the M. That's warm + warm, which should be very warm, no?post #3971 of 45817/27/14 at 8:00ampost #3972 of 45817/27/14 at 8:03ampost #3973 of 45817/27/14 at 8:09amQuote:
From my experience this occurs with pretty much any DAP or portable DAC that an headphone is connected to. Depending on the proximity of the radio source, the sound will be noticible, like the cellphone right next to it, and etc.. Even if the DAP is enclosed by metal, there are areas such as the screen the headphone jack, the headphone wires, and etc.. that can pick up radio to be audible if it's near enough. Try moving the phone away, and nearby whiles texting or browing the net(while there is some communication going on with the phone), and you will get a good idea of what's going on.post #3974 of 45817/27/14 at 8:31amQuote:
I believe it is getting close for the US release. I believe they may go direct to dealers rather than through a single distributer. I suspect the model will look like the Astell Kern model.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 55 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Art Club 58 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN EF100 Hybrid Amp [Now available for $499] 4 minutes ago
- › Upgrade from Logitech Z523 speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for gaming headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 or Beyerdynamic COP? 6 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)