Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 7/5/15 at 8:31am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
These are simply the best sounding headphones I have ever owned (and I've owned and sold a lot of them). They are sublimely smooth, yet detailed without the least bit of harshness at all in the...
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 265
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Heaven VI is probably the most comfortable IEM i own. Sure it is not suitable for runners but for casual walkabout no issue. The cable can be microphonic but I run it over my neck as my shirts all have chest pocket but it is really not comfortable at all.
Oops, I messed it up with Hope VI.
Agreed that the Heaven VI is not heavy. But it does not fit everyone. Some people have trouble with the "Frankenstein's bolts" aspect of them. I am blessed that I have huge ear canals and they slip right inside. I get the best fit that I have had from any IEM. I know that this influences my extreme love of them.
But bringing this back on topic, I can testify to the fantastic synergy of the M and the Heaven VI. I was worried that the combination might be too euphonic... but no, it is exquisite. I testify to this based on more than 100 hours of listening - easily. 90%+ of my listening with the M has been with the Heaven VI.
This is odd, I thought people were having problems with dynamics or sensitive headphones with flat impedance under 20ohms? IE800 is 16ohms. This is intersting that IE800 does well even with reports of flat impedance phones of low impedance that are sensitive making some sort of noise with M. Probably some have a revision or the new impedance setting fixes it.
Isn't IE800 regarded as warm? And also the M. That's warm + warm, which should be very warm, no?
From my experience this occurs with pretty much any DAP or portable DAC that an headphone is connected to. Depending on the proximity of the radio source, the sound will be noticible, like the cellphone right next to it, and etc.. Even if the DAP is enclosed by metal, there are areas such as the screen the headphone jack, the headphone wires, and etc.. that can pick up radio to be audible if it's near enough. Try moving the phone away, and nearby whiles texting or browing the net(while there is some communication going on with the phone), and you will get a good idea of what's going on.
I believe it is getting close for the US release. I believe they may go direct to dealers rather than through a single distributer. I suspect the model will look like the Astell Kern model.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 8 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum IEM Vs Sony MDR-EX650EP: which one? 1 minute ago
- › IC : STAX SIGMA PRO 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3