Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 4/19/15 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
FiiO X3 2nd Generation First of all I want to state that this review is obviously a very subjective opinion. Everyone hears things differently, so you might experience the device in an other...
about me: 16 years old live in Israel, always loved headphones (at first i loved headphones, after that I started to love music xD) started this hobby when i was 14, i like fast bright accurate...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 265
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3962 of 50607/26/14 at 10:42pm
Heaven VI is probably the most comfortable IEM i own. Sure it is not suitable for runners but for casual walkabout no issue. The cable can be microphonic but I run it over my neck as my shirts all have chest pocket but it is really not comfortable at all.post #3963 of 50607/26/14 at 10:49pmQuote:
Oops, I messed it up with Hope VI.post #3964 of 50607/26/14 at 11:00pm
Agreed that the Heaven VI is not heavy. But it does not fit everyone. Some people have trouble with the "Frankenstein's bolts" aspect of them. I am blessed that I have huge ear canals and they slip right inside. I get the best fit that I have had from any IEM. I know that this influences my extreme love of them.
But bringing this back on topic, I can testify to the fantastic synergy of the M and the Heaven VI. I was worried that the combination might be too euphonic... but no, it is exquisite. I testify to this based on more than 100 hours of listening - easily. 90%+ of my listening with the M has been with the Heaven VI.post #3965 of 50607/26/14 at 11:03pmpost #3966 of 50607/27/14 at 12:07ampost #3967 of 50607/27/14 at 12:32ampost #3968 of 50607/27/14 at 4:41ampost #3969 of 50607/27/14 at 5:01ampost #3970 of 50607/27/14 at 7:24amQuote:
This is odd, I thought people were having problems with dynamics or sensitive headphones with flat impedance under 20ohms? IE800 is 16ohms. This is intersting that IE800 does well even with reports of flat impedance phones of low impedance that are sensitive making some sort of noise with M. Probably some have a revision or the new impedance setting fixes it.
Isn't IE800 regarded as warm? And also the M. That's warm + warm, which should be very warm, no?post #3971 of 50607/27/14 at 8:00ampost #3972 of 50607/27/14 at 8:03ampost #3973 of 50607/27/14 at 8:09amQuote:
From my experience this occurs with pretty much any DAP or portable DAC that an headphone is connected to. Depending on the proximity of the radio source, the sound will be noticible, like the cellphone right next to it, and etc.. Even if the DAP is enclosed by metal, there are areas such as the screen the headphone jack, the headphone wires, and etc.. that can pick up radio to be audible if it's near enough. Try moving the phone away, and nearby whiles texting or browing the net(while there is some communication going on with the phone), and you will get a good idea of what's going on.post #3974 of 50607/27/14 at 8:31amQuote:
I believe it is getting close for the US release. I believe they may go direct to dealers rather than through a single distributer. I suspect the model will look like the Astell Kern model.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 37 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 49 seconds ago
- › New RHA T20 DualCoil in ear!! 1 minute ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 4 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones under £200 for Rock/Vocals in 2015? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by felixgrill
- › Kenwood KA-405 vinatge stereo receiver by headphones1999
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by Feilong4
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2