or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 231

post #3451 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Heheh! Tell me about it! The thing that drove me nuts was the loud pop when it comes back from hibernation. I still keep it around for memory's sake as it was my first audiophile grade DAP. And to drive difficult to drive cans when I am testing to buy.

As for the Calyx on standby, yes, it is surprisingly resilient in terms of battery life... smily_headphones1.gif

How fast is the cold boot up for the M? Also can we just keep it on standby ALL the time?

For me the straw that breaks the dx100 was the boot time (which in itself was a function of not having standby mode withstanding drain battery). I would also have like my 901 to boot quicker but one or half a minute is still okay for me.
post #3452 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

How fast is the cold boot up for the M? Also can we just keep it on standby ALL the time?

For me the straw that breaks the dx100 was the boot time (which in itself was a function of not having standby mode withstanding drain battery). I would also have like my 901 to boot quicker but one or half a minute is still okay for me.

Hmm... Cold boot doesn't seem to be unduly long. But I have yet to updated my FW. I shall have to defer to the chaps who have. As for keeping it on standby, haven't tried that yet, I'm afraid. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3453 of 5502
Interesting thing is I haven't been able to get into the update page. Anyone facing the same issue?
post #3454 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

Interesting thing is I haven't been able to get into the update page. Anyone facing the same issue?

 

I downloaded the update as soon as it was released (even though I have not bought the M quite yet). I put it on the cloud for you:

 

http://1drv.ms/1rueIP4


Edited by cooperpwc - 7/4/14 at 3:57pm
post #3455 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

I downloaded the update as soon as it was released (even though I have not bought the M quite yet). I put it on the cloud for you:

 

http://1drv.ms/1rueIP4

Thanks, cooperpwc! Much appreciated. I've downloaded and unzipped the file. Sadly, there doesn't seem like any instructions on how to perform the FW update. The Calyx M FB page points to the pages on the korean website which seems to have crashed. :(

post #3456 of 5502

Here it is: http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/5230

 

Instruction of how to install Calyx M Firmware 0.6.
1.Preparation
        •       Calyx M, charged enoug
        •       CalyxM_fw_0.6_140517.zip downloaded
        •       A SD-Card, formatted in FAT3
        •       Copy CalyxM_fw_0.6_140517.zip into the root directory of the above D-Card.
2. Update
        •       Turn off your Calyx
        •       Remove microSD card if any, and insult the SD-card in
        •       Boot M by pressing the power button while holding REW (<<) key
        •       The display will be still after the logos of CalyxM and f-clef showng up.
        •       Press and release REW(<<) key while pressing power butto
        •       Now you are in the update mode and you see blue small prints. (in tis mode the display is upside down.)
3. Installing the update file.
        •       Connect USB-power
        •       Move the blue bar by using REW(<<) key and FF(>>) key then press PLY( >) key they the selected menu (by the blue bar) is being done.
        •       Select “ apply update from SD card”  and press the play(>)
        •       Select CalyxM_fw_0.6_140517.zip then press the play(>) key then theupdate is being progressed.
        •       You see yllow prints while the update being progressed.
        •       When the update is normally done, you see blue prints at the updatemode.
        •       Disconnect USB-power cable when blue prints appea
        •       Select “reboot system now” and press PLAY(>) key and reboot goes on

post #3457 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post
 

Here it is: http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/5230

 

Instruction of how to install Calyx M Firmware 0.6.
1.Preparation
        •       Calyx M, charged enoug
        •       CalyxM_fw_0.6_140517.zip downloaded
        •       A SD-Card, formatted in FAT3
        •       Copy CalyxM_fw_0.6_140517.zip into the root directory of the above D-Card.
2. Update
        •       Turn off your Calyx
        •       Remove microSD card if any, and insult the SD-card in
        •       Boot M by pressing the power button while holding REW (<<) key
        •       The display will be still after the logos of CalyxM and f-clef showng up.
        •       Press and release REW(<<) key while pressing power butto
        •       Now you are in the update mode and you see blue small prints. (in tis mode the display is upside down.)
3. Installing the update file.
        •       Connect USB-power
        •       Move the blue bar by using REW(<<) key and FF(>>) key then press PLY( >) key they the selected menu (by the blue bar) is being done.
        •       Select “ apply update from SD card”  and press the play(>)
        •       Select CalyxM_fw_0.6_140517.zip then press the play(>) key then theupdate is being progressed.
        •       You see yllow prints while the update being progressed.
        •       When the update is normally done, you see blue prints at the updatemode.
        •       Disconnect USB-power cable when blue prints appea
        •       Select “reboot system now” and press PLAY(>) key and reboot goes on

Thanks, PekingDuck! I couldn't get to this page for some reason. :)

post #3458 of 5502

Sasaki also posted very simple instructions here.

post #3459 of 5502

Thanks, Cooperpwc. I should have read Sasaki's instructions before I updated. Getting the first part was trying. :p Not meant for people with thick thumbs. 

post #3460 of 5502

Okay guys, I am in!

 

I am happy with the impressions that I am hearing from people that I trust. And I have always planned to buy the M. So rather than spend a tidy sum to hear it in another city, I would rather spend a fraction of that being sure that my M is protected from day one. What I have done is to order the Minerva Brown Italian Leather case on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301234412632


This ships from Korea by expedited shipping on July 9. As soon as it arrives, I will order the M which ships overnight in China. I should be up and running within two weeks. I travel constantly for the next while so waiting will not be so bad...

 

Impressions of both the M and the case to follow in due course.

post #3461 of 5502

guys, please send Calyx developers an e-mail about this folder view issue. This folder view must be updated into a proper directory view.

I wish they make an update soon.

:triportsad:

post #3462 of 5502

Looking forward to read your review cooper. Comparisons to the other daps are also welcome. I remember your opinions from X5 thread, I really like the way you are describing things and explaining differences.

post #3463 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post

Okay guys, I am in!

I am happy with the impressions that I am hearing from people that I trust. And I have always planned to buy the M. So rather than spend a tidy sum to hear it in another city, I would rather spend a fraction of that being sure that my M is protected from day one. What I have done is to order the Minerva Brown Italian Leather case on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301234412632






This ships from Korea by expedited shipping on July 9. As soon as it arrives, I will order the M which ships overnight in China. I should be up and running within two weeks. I travel constantly for the next while so waiting will not be so bad...

Impressions of both the M and the case to follow in due course.


Congrats! Look forward to them! smily_headphones1.gif
post #3464 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

Looking forward to read your review cooper. Comparisons to the other daps are also welcome. I remember your opinions from X5 thread, I really like the way you are describing things and explaining differences.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post


Congrats! Look forward to them! smily_headphones1.gif

 

Thanks, guys. Comparing the M to the X5 + Pico Power with my IEMS will be a high priority. I do not doubt that the latter will win out on deep and tight bass slam because of the Pico Power but I am hoping that the naked M otherwise matches or betters it in all other regards.

 

Time will tell though...

post #3465 of 5502

M owners, does the M require a Windows USB driver to function as a USB DAC? If so, where do I download this?

 

I am running Windows 8.1.

 

Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage