or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 230

post #3436 of 5502

i can't update it even though I followed the instructions (power + <<< rewind) using SD card fat32

 

i used android file transfer in Mac

post #3437 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

Are these changes in sound due to firmwares really small that are only detectable in an quiet indoor environment e.g. office?

I only demoed that in an quiet environment. I never heard anyone describe the M as bright and thin except @soullinker20. Incidentally he/she is also using the Roxanne.

post #3438 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post
 

I only demoed that in an quiet environment. I never heard anyone describe the M as bright and thin except @soullinker20. Incidentally he/she is also using the Roxanne.

 

 

the mids sound thin in comparison to ak240

post #3439 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post
 

i can't update it even though I followed the instructions (power + <<< rewind) using SD card fat32

 

i used android file transfer in Mac

Was your M plugged into a charger? I found that update wouldn't start if the M's being charged.

post #3440 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post
 

Was your M plugged into a charger? I found that update wouldn't start if the M's being charged.

 

no. it is 1/4 charged then after I perform the instruction, it gets stuck at "Calyx M" logo. I am pretty much sure my sd card is fat32 (i used it to update 901)

post #3441 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post


the mids sound thin in comparison to ak240

That is surprising. I've never had that experience: the calyx m has always been richer tonally...
post #3442 of 5502

Can it buy from Europe or Asia ? I heard ''they sell in only Korea''.

 

Does is continue ?

post #3443 of 5502
Jaben has it.
post #3444 of 5502
I believe Jaben has distribution rights outside of North Asia. In the rest of Asia, that is. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3445 of 5502
I was there. The English instruction is not good to tell the timing.

1. Press power, press rew and hold both key.
2. Hold till .. "Calyx M" - blank - Clef log - blank - "Calyx M" appears again.
3. Now release both key. (you may release both earlier but not sure)
4. Press power, press rew and hold both key again.
5. Immediately after step4, release rew only. (While pressing power)
6. Now you get an Android system recovery displayed upside down. (this is the blue print mentioned in the doc)

7. Use rew and fwd to move the cursor.
8. Select FW0.95 and press play to apply.
9. Reboot system from the menu.

I think you don't have to plug it to the charger if you have enough battery.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post

i can't update it even though I followed the instructions (power + <<< rewind) using SD card fat32

i used android file transfer in Mac

Edited by Sasaki - 7/3/14 at 7:53pm
post #3446 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekingduck View Post

I only demoed that in an quiet environment. I never heard anyone describe the M as bright and thin except @soullinker20
. Incidentally he/she is also using the Roxanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post


the mids sound thin in comparison to ak240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

That is surprising. I've never had that experience: the calyx m has always been richer tonally...

For My taste Calyx M is Warm and neutral and rich tonality DAP With big Power
Minus Only battery Life
post #3447 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post



For My taste Calyx M is Warm and neutral and rich tonality DAP With big Power
Minus Only battery Life

Agreed, Rudi! Even on something austere like the AKG K3003 or the final audio fibass, it is very rich sounding. smily_headphones1.gif
post #3448 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post

I was there when the iBasso DX100 with its crazy problems at the beginning. smily_headphones1.gif You can understand why I see the UI in a different light. ;p

 

Same! I sold the DX100 purely because of the awful UI and that it would drain its battery to flat doing nothing if left on. I left the Calyx on by accident yesterday and it still had plenty of power many hours later. The champion though is the X5 which can be left on for days not playing with almost no battery drain.

post #3449 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Same! I sold the DX100 purely because of the awful UI and that it would drain its battery to flat doing nothing if left on. I left the Calyx on by accident yesterday and it still had plenty of power many hours later. The champion though is the X5 which can be left on for days not playing with almost no battery drain.

Heheh! Tell me about it! The thing that drove me nuts was the loud pop when it comes back from hibernation. I still keep it around for memory's sake as it was my first audiophile grade DAP. And to drive difficult to drive cans when I am testing to buy.

As for the Calyx on standby, yes, it is surprisingly resilient in terms of battery life... smily_headphones1.gif
post #3450 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasaki View Post

I was there. The English instruction is not good to tell the timing.

1. Press power, press rew and hold both key.
2. Hold till .. "Calyx M" - blank - Clef log - blank - "Calyx M" appears again.
3. Now release both key. (you may release both earlier but not sure)
4. Press power, press rew and hold both key again.
5. Immediately after step4, release rew only. (While pressing power)
6. Now you get an Android system recovery displayed upside down. (this is the blue print mentioned in the doc)

7. Use rew and fwd to move the cursor.
8. Select FW0.95 and press play to apply.
9. Reboot system from the menu.

I think you don't have to plug it to the charger if you have enough battery.

Hope this helps.

Hi THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage