- 3,111 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 5/31/15 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 221
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That is correct. don't know about the LO though.
From what I've heard of the DX90, I prefer warmth. I thought the R10 had the warmth and the mid to upper mid definition. I wonder if that is the same for the M? I didn't think treble of the DX90 was as capable as the R10 in terms of resolve ability. I wonder if M resolves well. If it resolves well with warmth, it should be great sounding as I look at warmth as realistic sounding.
For BA, warmth could be good, but if it's pretty warm though BA, it's probably really warm. DX90 if cold with BA, possibly does well with dynamic as I think of dynamic as more warm sounding drivers in general.
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 10:00pm
LO- line out. Audio Out from DAC stage bypassing in-built headphone amplifier to use with external one like E12,for example.
Edited by Shawn71 - 6/26/14 at 10:17pm
The M does not have a separate line out. However the THD measurements from the HO are so low that amping that should bring good results. Nonetheless the sound signature will obviously be the same either way but for whatever color your external amp is adding.
I wonder about how a headphone can sound warm if the FR is flat(this is without headphone load though) and THD is very low? I guess each headphones react differently to the DAP's output. Is color measurable? Can it be shown with numbers or with a graph? probably need to ask in the science section, but I'm afraid nobody will the the answer for it.
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 10:45pm
oh ok! Yeah by looking at ur signature i guessed it........... but some just go by the word LOD(multi-pin) instead LO(3.5mm)...bad assumption of mine.
Maybe that impedance setting has something to do with the sound signature? I thought it was just gain, but headphone's sensitivity that responds to gain, and impedance is another matter. That impedance matching is parculiar, if somebody can get some details from the CEO, that would be nice. Also, hopefully, the EQ setting was checked to see if it was off.
So far, which headphones did it sound warm from?
Only thing I can relate to the impedance setting is my tube hybrid amp that I own that has impedance setting. I know this is definately changing the output impedance as the designer said keep it at low impedance setting even for high impedance phones such as the HD650 for high damping factor. Not sure if changing gain changes output impedance.
TU-882AS (120V ) (PCB assembled)
Vacuum tube / 5670W×2
Rated output / 200mW(RL＝6Ω or 32Ω or 600Ω)
Output impedance / LOW 4～20Ω、MID 20～100Ω、HIGH 100～1kΩ
Rate input / 400mV
Input resistance / 50kΩ
Frequency response / 20Hz～50kHz
S/N 102dB(IEC WEIGHTING)
Voltage / AC 230V 50/60Hz
Dimension / W130×H120×D250mm
Power consumption / 10W
Weight / 2.4kg
Made in Japan
TU-882AS Stereo Vacuum Tube 5670(W) X 2 Headphone Amplifier
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 11:17pm
Heheh! No worries, man.
Can you please provide a reference for the promise that an update would be released in June?
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bedroom Audio 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the right HiFi Headphones 1 minute ago
- › AKG new N90Q 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 11 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)