- 2,005 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/16/14 at 1:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LCD 3 with LYR 2? Last post on 10/12/14 at 12:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
This is my first proper set of over ears, and I'm quite surprised! The bass is fast, punchy and has enough weight to satisfy the slight basshead in me. The treble is a bit laid back for me, and I...
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 221post #3301 of 45846/26/14 at 9:14pmThanks for sharing your impressions and the dimensions. I'm liking this more and more everyday.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3302 of 45846/26/14 at 9:25pmpost #3303 of 45846/26/14 at 9:50pmQuote:
That is correct. don't know about the LO though.post #3304 of 45846/26/14 at 9:54pm
From what I've heard of the DX90, I prefer warmth. I thought the R10 had the warmth and the mid to upper mid definition. I wonder if that is the same for the M? I didn't think treble of the DX90 was as capable as the R10 in terms of resolve ability. I wonder if M resolves well. If it resolves well with warmth, it should be great sounding as I look at warmth as realistic sounding.
For BA, warmth could be good, but if it's pretty warm though BA, it's probably really warm. DX90 if cold with BA, possibly does well with dynamic as I think of dynamic as more warm sounding drivers in general.
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 10:00pmpost #3305 of 45846/26/14 at 10:15pm
LO- line out. Audio Out from DAC stage bypassing in-built headphone amplifier to use with external one like E12,for example.
Edited by Shawn71 - 6/26/14 at 10:17pmpost #3306 of 45846/26/14 at 10:21pmpost #3307 of 45846/26/14 at 10:39pm
The M does not have a separate line out. However the THD measurements from the HO are so low that amping that should bring good results. Nonetheless the sound signature will obviously be the same either way but for whatever color your external amp is adding.post #3308 of 45846/26/14 at 10:42pmQuote:
I wonder about how a headphone can sound warm if the FR is flat(this is without headphone load though) and THD is very low? I guess each headphones react differently to the DAP's output. Is color measurable? Can it be shown with numbers or with a graph? probably need to ask in the science section, but I'm afraid nobody will the the answer for it.
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 10:45pmpost #3309 of 45846/26/14 at 10:50pmQuote:
oh ok! Yeah by looking at ur signature i guessed it........... but some just go by the word LOD(multi-pin) instead LO(3.5mm)...bad assumption of mine.post #3310 of 45846/26/14 at 10:56pm
Maybe that impedance setting has something to do with the sound signature? I thought it was just gain, but headphone's sensitivity that responds to gain, and impedance is another matter. That impedance matching is parculiar, if somebody can get some details from the CEO, that would be nice. Also, hopefully, the EQ setting was checked to see if it was off.
So far, which headphones did it sound warm from?post #3311 of 45846/26/14 at 11:02pmpost #3312 of 45846/26/14 at 11:11pm
Only thing I can relate to the impedance setting is my tube hybrid amp that I own that has impedance setting. I know this is definately changing the output impedance as the designer said keep it at low impedance setting even for high impedance phones such as the HD650 for high damping factor. Not sure if changing gain changes output impedance.
TU-882AS (120V ) (PCB assembled)
Vacuum tube / 5670W×2
Rated output / 200mW(RL＝6Ω or 32Ω or 600Ω)
Output impedance / LOW 4～20Ω、MID 20～100Ω、HIGH 100～1kΩ
Rate input / 400mV
Input resistance / 50kΩ
Frequency response / 20Hz～50kHz
S/N 102dB(IEC WEIGHTING)
Voltage / AC 230V 50/60Hz
Dimension / W130×H120×D250mm
Power consumption / 10W
Weight / 2.4kg
Made in Japan
TU-882AS Stereo Vacuum Tube 5670(W) X 2 Headphone Amplifier
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 11:17pmpost #3313 of 45846/26/14 at 11:12pmQuote:
Heheh! No worries, man.post #3314 of 45846/27/14 at 11:22pmpost #3315 of 45846/28/14 at 2:11amQuote:
Can you please provide a reference for the promise that an update would be released in June?
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Mahler Symphonies Favorite Recordings 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 56 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 4 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 5 minutes ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 6 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)