- 1,021 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 221post #3301 of 42616/26/14 at 9:14pmThanks for sharing your impressions and the dimensions. I'm liking this more and more everyday.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3302 of 42616/26/14 at 9:25pmpost #3303 of 42616/26/14 at 9:50pmQuote:
That is correct. don't know about the LO though.post #3304 of 42616/26/14 at 9:54pm
From what I've heard of the DX90, I prefer warmth. I thought the R10 had the warmth and the mid to upper mid definition. I wonder if that is the same for the M? I didn't think treble of the DX90 was as capable as the R10 in terms of resolve ability. I wonder if M resolves well. If it resolves well with warmth, it should be great sounding as I look at warmth as realistic sounding.
For BA, warmth could be good, but if it's pretty warm though BA, it's probably really warm. DX90 if cold with BA, possibly does well with dynamic as I think of dynamic as more warm sounding drivers in general.
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 10:00pmpost #3305 of 42616/26/14 at 10:15pm
LO- line out. Audio Out from DAC stage bypassing in-built headphone amplifier to use with external one like E12,for example.
Edited by Shawn71 - 6/26/14 at 10:17pmpost #3306 of 42616/26/14 at 10:21pmpost #3307 of 42616/26/14 at 10:39pm
The M does not have a separate line out. However the THD measurements from the HO are so low that amping that should bring good results. Nonetheless the sound signature will obviously be the same either way but for whatever color your external amp is adding.post #3308 of 42616/26/14 at 10:42pmQuote:
I wonder about how a headphone can sound warm if the FR is flat(this is without headphone load though) and THD is very low? I guess each headphones react differently to the DAP's output. Is color measurable? Can it be shown with numbers or with a graph? probably need to ask in the science section, but I'm afraid nobody will the the answer for it.
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 10:45pmpost #3309 of 42616/26/14 at 10:50pmQuote:
oh ok! Yeah by looking at ur signature i guessed it........... but some just go by the word LOD(multi-pin) instead LO(3.5mm)...bad assumption of mine.post #3310 of 42616/26/14 at 10:56pm
Maybe that impedance setting has something to do with the sound signature? I thought it was just gain, but headphone's sensitivity that responds to gain, and impedance is another matter. That impedance matching is parculiar, if somebody can get some details from the CEO, that would be nice. Also, hopefully, the EQ setting was checked to see if it was off.
So far, which headphones did it sound warm from?post #3311 of 42616/26/14 at 11:02pmpost #3312 of 42616/26/14 at 11:11pm
Only thing I can relate to the impedance setting is my tube hybrid amp that I own that has impedance setting. I know this is definately changing the output impedance as the designer said keep it at low impedance setting even for high impedance phones such as the HD650 for high damping factor. Not sure if changing gain changes output impedance.
TU-882AS (120V ) (PCB assembled)
Vacuum tube / 5670W×2
Rated output / 200mW(RL＝6Ω or 32Ω or 600Ω)
Output impedance / LOW 4～20Ω、MID 20～100Ω、HIGH 100～1kΩ
Rate input / 400mV
Input resistance / 50kΩ
Frequency response / 20Hz～50kHz
S/N 102dB(IEC WEIGHTING)
Voltage / AC 230V 50/60Hz
Dimension / W130×H120×D250mm
Power consumption / 10W
Weight / 2.4kg
Made in Japan
TU-882AS Stereo Vacuum Tube 5670(W) X 2 Headphone Amplifier
Edited by SilverEars - 6/26/14 at 11:17pmpost #3313 of 42616/26/14 at 11:12pmQuote:
Heheh! No worries, man.post #3314 of 42616/27/14 at 11:22pmpost #3315 of 42616/28/14 at 2:11amQuote:
Can you please provide a reference for the promise that an update would be released in June?
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 second ago
- › Passive EQ circuit assistance 7 seconds ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 48 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › I am looking for upper class gaming Headphones? Which one? I posted... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 4 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Turtle Beach XP Seven vs HD 589/558? 10 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)