Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 196post #2926 of 41785/25/14 at 11:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 41785/26/14 at 1:44ampost #2928 of 41785/26/14 at 2:03am
I don't think I would even consider doing workout in gym with an expensive and big DAP. Let alone skydiving.post #2929 of 41785/26/14 at 2:15amQuote:Originally Posted by t3hwx9
http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/4752 → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B649F9e4fTB-UHI5VzJGa1JYeVk/edit?pli=1
Contents of /META-INF/com/android :
Actually, 0.6 is the first public firmware upgrade.
Thanks for confirming, version 0.6 certainly bucks the trend in upgrade numbering scheme, somehow I always seem to expect 1.0 as the first versionpost #2930 of 41785/26/14 at 5:18am
Yup, picked up a set from Jaben - they did an in-store upgrade to 0.6 fw for me. Package comes with a DVD of High-Res music, Soft cloth pouch and 2 x micro USB cables (1 x short, 1 x regular).post #2931 of 41785/26/14 at 6:24amQuote:
Talk about service.
Let's us know once your player has burned in or burned out about your gear and impressions.
Is there an impression thread for the Calyx M by the way?post #2932 of 41785/26/14 at 7:56am
Personally hate it when the threads split since no one follows the thread title and what you end up with is two threads having the same conversation.
That said... sigh still nowhere online to buy an M :(post #2933 of 41785/26/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Yes that happens all the time and it is kind of annoying. Impressions threads rarely stay clean. Look at the DX90 impressions thread as a classic example.
I any case, there really has been precious little coming forth regarding the SQ of the M and impressions thus far have been very mixed. Perhaps there are very few adopters other than in Korea at this stage. I was told there would be stock in Australia by the 17th of May... still nothing..post #2934 of 41785/26/14 at 8:41am
I am not an adept to the split system but with the website being what it is, it's making it harder to locate impressions among 100's of threads of generic discussion about the player or, more like, whining about the lack of exposure, accessibility or missed delivery. The later fits more in this thread.post #2935 of 41785/26/14 at 1:05pm
While I was in Toronto, I visited the Headfone Shop as I always do. I find the proprietor to be quite tied in to what is going on in the industry. He told me that the M may not be distributed in Canada. Apparently Calyx want the distributor to commit to too a large number of units.
There will of course always be overseas online purchasing options - like iBasso, FAD and other poorly distributed / obscure brands.post #2936 of 41785/26/14 at 1:21pmpost #2937 of 41785/26/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
I am sure that Price Japan will have it in due course - they often sell high end Korean swag. Or hopefully Calyx will sell it direct.post #2938 of 41785/26/14 at 7:13pmpost #2939 of 41785/26/14 at 8:29pmHi guys.
Some new impressioms from M and AK naver cafe.
The guy owns and has heard dap extensively, he has heard practically everything....ak 100,ak120, ak 120 new version, ak240, most of sonys and hifi mans, and everything from ibasso, colourfly and fiio.
And his conclusion;
M has usually great but sometimes acentuated harsh high fr and so so mid and weak bass, so M somewhat deprives bass excitement from the dark night ost. He thinks M has great potential but he said not gonna buy this version.
And another impression from AK cafe members(actually most of M cafe members are also AK cafe members) ;
Good matching with dynamic headphones, but so so or bad matching with ba iem.he said M is better than ak100 but lesser than 120(old one).
Edited by ohotonge - 5/26/14 at 8:48pmpost #2940 of 41785/27/14 at 12:08am
nope. not yet. rumor has it that will be included in the June update, along with full ALAC/m4a playback (it's a bit spotty right now) and *possibly* exFAT support although that might take a bit longer.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 52 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Aurisonics ASG-2 [AUS] 3 minutes ago
- › Takstar HI 2050 Open headphones any good? Looking below $100 4 minutes ago
- › S5 Review by EricP 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 4 minutes ago
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 6 minutes ago
- › Stax Interview and Factory tour 12/12/12 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)