Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 7/31/14 at 2:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HiFiMAN HM-901 Amplifier Cards Last post on 6/7/14 at 8:44pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i owned headphones/earphones...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 196post #2926 of 40455/25/14 at 11:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 40455/26/14 at 1:44ampost #2928 of 40455/26/14 at 2:03am
I don't think I would even consider doing workout in gym with an expensive and big DAP. Let alone skydiving.post #2929 of 40455/26/14 at 2:15amQuote:Originally Posted by t3hwx9
http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/4752 → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B649F9e4fTB-UHI5VzJGa1JYeVk/edit?pli=1
Contents of /META-INF/com/android :
Actually, 0.6 is the first public firmware upgrade.
Thanks for confirming, version 0.6 certainly bucks the trend in upgrade numbering scheme, somehow I always seem to expect 1.0 as the first versionpost #2930 of 40455/26/14 at 5:18am
Yup, picked up a set from Jaben - they did an in-store upgrade to 0.6 fw for me. Package comes with a DVD of High-Res music, Soft cloth pouch and 2 x micro USB cables (1 x short, 1 x regular).post #2931 of 40455/26/14 at 6:24amQuote:
Talk about service.
Let's us know once your player has burned in or burned out about your gear and impressions.
Is there an impression thread for the Calyx M by the way?post #2932 of 40455/26/14 at 7:56am
Personally hate it when the threads split since no one follows the thread title and what you end up with is two threads having the same conversation.
That said... sigh still nowhere online to buy an M :(post #2933 of 40455/26/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Yes that happens all the time and it is kind of annoying. Impressions threads rarely stay clean. Look at the DX90 impressions thread as a classic example.
I any case, there really has been precious little coming forth regarding the SQ of the M and impressions thus far have been very mixed. Perhaps there are very few adopters other than in Korea at this stage. I was told there would be stock in Australia by the 17th of May... still nothing..post #2934 of 40455/26/14 at 8:41am
I am not an adept to the split system but with the website being what it is, it's making it harder to locate impressions among 100's of threads of generic discussion about the player or, more like, whining about the lack of exposure, accessibility or missed delivery. The later fits more in this thread.post #2935 of 40455/26/14 at 1:05pm
While I was in Toronto, I visited the Headfone Shop as I always do. I find the proprietor to be quite tied in to what is going on in the industry. He told me that the M may not be distributed in Canada. Apparently Calyx want the distributor to commit to too a large number of units.
There will of course always be overseas online purchasing options - like iBasso, FAD and other poorly distributed / obscure brands.post #2936 of 40455/26/14 at 1:21pmpost #2937 of 40455/26/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
I am sure that Price Japan will have it in due course - they often sell high end Korean swag. Or hopefully Calyx will sell it direct.post #2938 of 40455/26/14 at 7:13pmpost #2939 of 40455/26/14 at 8:29pmHi guys.
Some new impressioms from M and AK naver cafe.
The guy owns and has heard dap extensively, he has heard practically everything....ak 100,ak120, ak 120 new version, ak240, most of sonys and hifi mans, and everything from ibasso, colourfly and fiio.
And his conclusion;
M has usually great but sometimes acentuated harsh high fr and so so mid and weak bass, so M somewhat deprives bass excitement from the dark night ost. He thinks M has great potential but he said not gonna buy this version.
And another impression from AK cafe members(actually most of M cafe members are also AK cafe members) ;
Good matching with dynamic headphones, but so so or bad matching with ba iem.he said M is better than ak100 but lesser than 120(old one).
Edited by ohotonge - 5/26/14 at 8:48pmpost #2940 of 40455/27/14 at 12:08am
nope. not yet. rumor has it that will be included in the June update, along with full ALAC/m4a playback (it's a bit spotty right now) and *possibly* exFAT support although that might take a bit longer.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 18 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 24 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for an end-game system. 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 with 64GB Sandisk microSDXC UHS-1 1 minute ago
- › From Table to Able: Combating Disabling Diseases with Food 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 4 minutes ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 4 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)