Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 4/19/15 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 196post #2926 of 50525/25/14 at 11:39pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2927 of 50525/26/14 at 1:44ampost #2928 of 50525/26/14 at 2:03am
I don't think I would even consider doing workout in gym with an expensive and big DAP. Let alone skydiving.post #2929 of 50525/26/14 at 2:15amQuote:Originally Posted by t3hwx9
http://www.calyx.kr/xe/notice/4752 → https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B649F9e4fTB-UHI5VzJGa1JYeVk/edit?pli=1
Contents of /META-INF/com/android :
Actually, 0.6 is the first public firmware upgrade.
Thanks for confirming, version 0.6 certainly bucks the trend in upgrade numbering scheme, somehow I always seem to expect 1.0 as the first versionpost #2930 of 50525/26/14 at 5:18am
Yup, picked up a set from Jaben - they did an in-store upgrade to 0.6 fw for me. Package comes with a DVD of High-Res music, Soft cloth pouch and 2 x micro USB cables (1 x short, 1 x regular).post #2931 of 50525/26/14 at 6:24amQuote:
Talk about service.
Let's us know once your player has burned in or burned out about your gear and impressions.
Is there an impression thread for the Calyx M by the way?post #2932 of 50525/26/14 at 7:56am
Personally hate it when the threads split since no one follows the thread title and what you end up with is two threads having the same conversation.
That said... sigh still nowhere online to buy an M :(post #2933 of 50525/26/14 at 8:03amQuote:
Yes that happens all the time and it is kind of annoying. Impressions threads rarely stay clean. Look at the DX90 impressions thread as a classic example.
I any case, there really has been precious little coming forth regarding the SQ of the M and impressions thus far have been very mixed. Perhaps there are very few adopters other than in Korea at this stage. I was told there would be stock in Australia by the 17th of May... still nothing..post #2934 of 50525/26/14 at 8:41am
I am not an adept to the split system but with the website being what it is, it's making it harder to locate impressions among 100's of threads of generic discussion about the player or, more like, whining about the lack of exposure, accessibility or missed delivery. The later fits more in this thread.post #2935 of 50525/26/14 at 1:05pm
While I was in Toronto, I visited the Headfone Shop as I always do. I find the proprietor to be quite tied in to what is going on in the industry. He told me that the M may not be distributed in Canada. Apparently Calyx want the distributor to commit to too a large number of units.
There will of course always be overseas online purchasing options - like iBasso, FAD and other poorly distributed / obscure brands.post #2936 of 50525/26/14 at 1:21pmpost #2937 of 50525/26/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
I am sure that Price Japan will have it in due course - they often sell high end Korean swag. Or hopefully Calyx will sell it direct.post #2938 of 50525/26/14 at 7:13pmpost #2939 of 50525/26/14 at 8:29pmHi guys.
Some new impressioms from M and AK naver cafe.
The guy owns and has heard dap extensively, he has heard practically everything....ak 100,ak120, ak 120 new version, ak240, most of sonys and hifi mans, and everything from ibasso, colourfly and fiio.
And his conclusion;
M has usually great but sometimes acentuated harsh high fr and so so mid and weak bass, so M somewhat deprives bass excitement from the dark night ost. He thinks M has great potential but he said not gonna buy this version.
And another impression from AK cafe members(actually most of M cafe members are also AK cafe members) ;
Good matching with dynamic headphones, but so so or bad matching with ba iem.he said M is better than ak100 but lesser than 120(old one).
Edited by ohotonge - 5/26/14 at 8:48pmpost #2940 of 50525/27/14 at 12:08am
nope. not yet. rumor has it that will be included in the June update, along with full ALAC/m4a playback (it's a bit spotty right now) and *possibly* exFAT support although that might take a bit longer.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 10 seconds ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 27 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 43 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 52 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › [Limited Review] Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2