- 2,820 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 4/19/15 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Just to be clear - this is a small portable speaker. So when I talk about bass, sound clarity and what not - keep that in mind. You can't compare it desktop speakers - No wait, you...
Sound Signature. If I were to describe this cans, the V shape would be fitting, but it is just a moderate V shape, nothing overly pronounced but not flat by any means. Bass. This is where the...
After spending some time auditioning and researching I've finally found that illusive nirvana, the perfect mix of price, design and sound for me. I wanted a DAC minus the frills. As a HD800...
I have felt compelled to attempt my first review after recently building Bottleheads premium diy headphone amplifier offering the Bottlehead Mainline. I have built a few of their kits now and...
First of all I would like to thank FiiO for choosing me as part of the world tour of the new X3 DAP. I am pretty new in reviewing audio devices, and I feel really grateful for including...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 180post #2686 of 50605/12/14 at 2:25pmYes it's thick alright lol, this one will have to be heard to evaluate it. I like the box presentation, wish it would come with a case though, for that price I don't think it'd be asking for too much.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2687 of 50605/12/14 at 4:31pmQuote:
Sadly... I need to buy a leather case separately...
It comes w/fabric pouch though...
yeah... additional case wouldn't really hurt...
Edited by hellGeeea - 5/12/14 at 6:17pmpost #2688 of 50605/12/14 at 5:21pm
I received mine last night, and can't say much yet. But its sound is anything but 'thick'. Very very refined, smooth and silky. Resolution is extremely high but never fatiguing. Well if someone used the adjective 'thick' meaning that the imaging is not pinpoint, it makes sense. Every image of instruments and voices has some body around it, but their locations are simply exact. You can know spacial relationships between instruments very well. Listened with Fi-ba-ss.
Edited by gracky - 5/12/14 at 5:22pmpost #2689 of 50605/12/14 at 6:30pm
Am I seeing it correctly? The production version has a different color than the demo? I don't see the copper color on the side and back and I can see it in black. Or is it just the background light messing up with the color when the picture was taken?post #2690 of 50605/12/14 at 6:35pmQuote:
Nahh,,, It's just camera... I think ..post #2691 of 50605/12/14 at 6:35pmQuote:
Here you can see the copper color is still there. It seems the M sound signature was tweaked after seeing the production release impressions...post #2692 of 50605/12/14 at 6:46pmQuote:
I better check mine anda... hmm.
well, It's gonna be more than a week I'm waiting to get my $hit man...damn...
Hope what yer worrying is not true in fact:)
The original color was coppler-like( I mean, a bit metallic since the body is made out of whatever metal) browny color anyway...
Edited by hellGeeea - 5/12/14 at 6:49pmpost #2693 of 50605/12/14 at 7:09pmpost #2694 of 50605/12/14 at 7:10pmI was just making a conclusion since early demo impressions indicate that they have a warm signature but the production sound impressions is different.
The box really reminds me of AK ones, I thought it would be cool if they use the same material but with lighter color like white-brown combination.post #2695 of 50605/12/14 at 7:32pmThis still reads amazing to me. Please someone do get this thing and listen to some really busy stuff and tell me how it performs.
Does it get muddy when hit with a huge ovepowering symphony
How does it treat guitars
High res sounds wonderful. I may be in the mood the spend sooner rather than later.post #2696 of 50605/12/14 at 7:38pmpost #2697 of 50605/12/14 at 7:43pmQuote:
I did the volume slider is not the issue. The size is. You need a huge pocket for M.post #2698 of 50605/12/14 at 7:51pmQuote:
Hey atleast it's not a Hugo. You need cargo pants for those.
For the M, you need hip-hop pants for nice comfortable fit.post #2699 of 50605/12/14 at 8:01pmQuote:
I was wearing cargo pants, but I think I'm on the smallish side.post #2700 of 50605/12/14 at 8:06pm
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › d5000 or dt770 or other 36 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12 v1 vs Cayin C5 brief comparison 54 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Sony SRSX3 Portable NFC Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Black) with... by xlordvader
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by MCouary
- › Arcam irDAC Audiophile Grade Digital to Analog Converter by cub3
- › Bottlehead Mainline by JamieMcC
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by viperxp
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone Amplifier by mark2410
- › Topping VX1 2x25W Hi-Fi Power Stereo Subwoofer Amplifier... by YoYo JoKeR
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Hawaiibadboy
- › Graham Slee Majestic DAC by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2