- 2,787 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone upgrade Last post on 12/6/14 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where is the sweet spot for quality headphones? Last post on 12/2/14 at 9:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K702 65th + K7xx (massdrop) Keep? Or Return? Last post on 12/13/14 at 10:31pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 180post #2686 of 47045/12/14 at 2:25pmYes it's thick alright lol, this one will have to be heard to evaluate it. I like the box presentation, wish it would come with a case though, for that price I don't think it'd be asking for too much.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2687 of 47045/12/14 at 4:31pmQuote:
Sadly... I need to buy a leather case separately...
It comes w/fabric pouch though...
yeah... additional case wouldn't really hurt...
Edited by hellGeeea - 5/12/14 at 6:17pmpost #2688 of 47045/12/14 at 5:21pm
I received mine last night, and can't say much yet. But its sound is anything but 'thick'. Very very refined, smooth and silky. Resolution is extremely high but never fatiguing. Well if someone used the adjective 'thick' meaning that the imaging is not pinpoint, it makes sense. Every image of instruments and voices has some body around it, but their locations are simply exact. You can know spacial relationships between instruments very well. Listened with Fi-ba-ss.
Edited by gracky - 5/12/14 at 5:22pmpost #2689 of 47045/12/14 at 6:30pm
Am I seeing it correctly? The production version has a different color than the demo? I don't see the copper color on the side and back and I can see it in black. Or is it just the background light messing up with the color when the picture was taken?post #2690 of 47045/12/14 at 6:35pmQuote:
Nahh,,, It's just camera... I think ..post #2691 of 47045/12/14 at 6:35pmQuote:
Here you can see the copper color is still there. It seems the M sound signature was tweaked after seeing the production release impressions...post #2692 of 47045/12/14 at 6:46pmQuote:
I better check mine anda... hmm.
well, It's gonna be more than a week I'm waiting to get my $hit man...damn...
Hope what yer worrying is not true in fact:)
The original color was coppler-like( I mean, a bit metallic since the body is made out of whatever metal) browny color anyway...
Edited by hellGeeea - 5/12/14 at 6:49pmpost #2693 of 47045/12/14 at 7:09pmpost #2694 of 47045/12/14 at 7:10pmI was just making a conclusion since early demo impressions indicate that they have a warm signature but the production sound impressions is different.
The box really reminds me of AK ones, I thought it would be cool if they use the same material but with lighter color like white-brown combination.post #2695 of 47045/12/14 at 7:32pmThis still reads amazing to me. Please someone do get this thing and listen to some really busy stuff and tell me how it performs.
Does it get muddy when hit with a huge ovepowering symphony
How does it treat guitars
High res sounds wonderful. I may be in the mood the spend sooner rather than later.post #2696 of 47045/12/14 at 7:38pmpost #2697 of 47045/12/14 at 7:43pmQuote:
I did the volume slider is not the issue. The size is. You need a huge pocket for M.post #2698 of 47045/12/14 at 7:51pmQuote:
Hey atleast it's not a Hugo. You need cargo pants for those.
For the M, you need hip-hop pants for nice comfortable fit.post #2699 of 47045/12/14 at 8:01pmQuote:
I was wearing cargo pants, but I think I'm on the smallish side.post #2700 of 47045/12/14 at 8:06pm
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › NAD D1050 VS Xonar STX 8 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 9 seconds ago
- › AKG 518LE, Beyerdynamic DTX 501p or Philips Citiscape Downtown? 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-303 or 404 working drivers or complete headphone 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)