- 2,837 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 5/22/15 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I personally thought these were a lame purchase after i had bought 'em. About a week later i just left my apartment and left them shouting out opeth and other metal with the bass in 4/4 position...
Introduction & Build Quality The SennGrado is a mod in which the drivers of the Sennheiser PX-100 II are removed and mounted in Grado style wooden cups. Variation between pairs, of course, is very...
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 180post #2686 of 50675/12/14 at 2:25pmYes it's thick alright lol, this one will have to be heard to evaluate it. I like the box presentation, wish it would come with a case though, for that price I don't think it'd be asking for too much.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2687 of 50675/12/14 at 4:31pmQuote:
Sadly... I need to buy a leather case separately...
It comes w/fabric pouch though...
yeah... additional case wouldn't really hurt...
Edited by hellGeeea - 5/12/14 at 6:17pmpost #2688 of 50675/12/14 at 5:21pm
I received mine last night, and can't say much yet. But its sound is anything but 'thick'. Very very refined, smooth and silky. Resolution is extremely high but never fatiguing. Well if someone used the adjective 'thick' meaning that the imaging is not pinpoint, it makes sense. Every image of instruments and voices has some body around it, but their locations are simply exact. You can know spacial relationships between instruments very well. Listened with Fi-ba-ss.
Edited by gracky - 5/12/14 at 5:22pmpost #2689 of 50675/12/14 at 6:30pm
Am I seeing it correctly? The production version has a different color than the demo? I don't see the copper color on the side and back and I can see it in black. Or is it just the background light messing up with the color when the picture was taken?post #2690 of 50675/12/14 at 6:35pmQuote:
Nahh,,, It's just camera... I think ..post #2691 of 50675/12/14 at 6:35pmQuote:
Here you can see the copper color is still there. It seems the M sound signature was tweaked after seeing the production release impressions...post #2692 of 50675/12/14 at 6:46pmQuote:
I better check mine anda... hmm.
well, It's gonna be more than a week I'm waiting to get my $hit man...damn...
Hope what yer worrying is not true in fact:)
The original color was coppler-like( I mean, a bit metallic since the body is made out of whatever metal) browny color anyway...
Edited by hellGeeea - 5/12/14 at 6:49pmpost #2693 of 50675/12/14 at 7:09pmpost #2694 of 50675/12/14 at 7:10pmI was just making a conclusion since early demo impressions indicate that they have a warm signature but the production sound impressions is different.
The box really reminds me of AK ones, I thought it would be cool if they use the same material but with lighter color like white-brown combination.post #2695 of 50675/12/14 at 7:32pmThis still reads amazing to me. Please someone do get this thing and listen to some really busy stuff and tell me how it performs.
Does it get muddy when hit with a huge ovepowering symphony
How does it treat guitars
High res sounds wonderful. I may be in the mood the spend sooner rather than later.post #2696 of 50675/12/14 at 7:38pmpost #2697 of 50675/12/14 at 7:43pmQuote:
I did the volume slider is not the issue. The size is. You need a huge pocket for M.post #2698 of 50675/12/14 at 7:51pmQuote:
Hey atleast it's not a Hugo. You need cargo pants for those.
For the M, you need hip-hop pants for nice comfortable fit.post #2699 of 50675/12/14 at 8:01pmQuote:
I was wearing cargo pants, but I think I'm on the smallish side.post #2700 of 50675/12/14 at 8:06pm
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 1 minute ago
- › FS: SR80 drivers with wood cup. 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hello! Having issues with my V-Moda m100s 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Black by 69Beyer
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by The Plaidypus
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Underpass: Solution to or Cause of Traffic...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)