- 2,735 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: MI,USA / Hong Kong / China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on Yesterday at 5:14 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 crooked? Is this normal? Last post on 8/27/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 158post #2356 of 42914/29/14 at 4:23amWe are probably steering just a tad too close to sound science territories... Need more M news and impression, need them soon!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2357 of 42914/30/14 at 4:30am
Well i don't know how soon i can provide impressions but i have ordered one. They reckon shipping on the 19th of May.
I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it.post #2358 of 42914/30/14 at 4:57amQuote:
Congrats for your purchase, can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Where did you get your unit from?post #2359 of 42914/30/14 at 5:01amQuote:
I am looking forward to your impressions. Am currently waiting for my dx90, but may yet get the calyx before selling one!post #2360 of 42914/30/14 at 5:14ampost #2361 of 42914/30/14 at 5:30ampost #2362 of 42914/30/14 at 6:53amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by zachchen1996
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly. It is probably about $140 AUD more than it could be purchased for later but i really don't care. As long as it sounds good that is. I am hoping it goes beautifully with my new DITA The Answer.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:01ampost #2363 of 42914/30/14 at 6:55ampost #2364 of 42914/30/14 at 6:59amQuote:
No not yet, it's supposed to release sometime in May. Calyx is still in the process of announcing distributors.post #2365 of 42914/30/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Sauntere
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly.
Did the price get raised? Or are Australia prices naturally higher? I remember the original price was supposed to be $995 USD?post #2366 of 42914/30/14 at 7:06ampost #2367 of 42914/30/14 at 7:06amQuote:
Australian prices tend to be naturally higher for electronics. Just on exchange rates with no fees it would be $1075 anyway.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:08ampost #2368 of 42914/30/14 at 7:13ampost #2369 of 42914/30/14 at 7:44amQuote:
Square Wave Limited is the official distributor in HK
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 40 seconds ago
- › Upgrade from Creative Aurvana Live 1 minute ago
- › How to get audio from my sound card when I connect my computer to... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)