- 2,777 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: MI,USA / Hong Kong / China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 with MiniBox, Discrete or IEM card Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 158post #2356 of 48784/29/14 at 4:23amWe are probably steering just a tad too close to sound science territories... Need more M news and impression, need them soon!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2357 of 48784/30/14 at 4:30am
Well i don't know how soon i can provide impressions but i have ordered one. They reckon shipping on the 19th of May.
I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it.post #2358 of 48784/30/14 at 4:57amQuote:
Congrats for your purchase, can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Where did you get your unit from?post #2359 of 48784/30/14 at 5:01amQuote:
I am looking forward to your impressions. Am currently waiting for my dx90, but may yet get the calyx before selling one!post #2360 of 48784/30/14 at 5:14ampost #2361 of 48784/30/14 at 5:30ampost #2362 of 48784/30/14 at 6:53amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by zachchen1996
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly. It is probably about $140 AUD more than it could be purchased for later but i really don't care. As long as it sounds good that is. I am hoping it goes beautifully with my new DITA The Answer.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:01ampost #2363 of 48784/30/14 at 6:55ampost #2364 of 48784/30/14 at 6:59amQuote:
No not yet, it's supposed to release sometime in May. Calyx is still in the process of announcing distributors.post #2365 of 48784/30/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Sauntere
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly.
Did the price get raised? Or are Australia prices naturally higher? I remember the original price was supposed to be $995 USD?post #2366 of 48784/30/14 at 7:06ampost #2367 of 48784/30/14 at 7:06amQuote:
Australian prices tend to be naturally higher for electronics. Just on exchange rates with no fees it would be $1075 anyway.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:08ampost #2368 of 48784/30/14 at 7:13ampost #2369 of 48784/30/14 at 7:44amQuote:
Square Wave Limited is the official distributor in HK
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › How to Rip DVD/Blu-Ray into High-Resolution tracks in different... 26 seconds ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a great all-rounder headphone, $400 budget 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3