- 2,782 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: MI,USA / Hong Kong / China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 5/31/15 at 5:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 158
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well i don't know how soon i can provide impressions but i have ordered one. They reckon shipping on the 19th of May.
I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it.
Congrats for your purchase, can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Where did you get your unit from?
I am looking forward to your impressions. Am currently waiting for my dx90, but may yet get the calyx before selling one!
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly. It is probably about $140 AUD more than it could be purchased for later but i really don't care. As long as it sounds good that is. I am hoping it goes beautifully with my new DITA The Answer.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:01am
No not yet, it's supposed to release sometime in May. Calyx is still in the process of announcing distributors.
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly.
Did the price get raised? Or are Australia prices naturally higher? I remember the original price was supposed to be $995 USD?
Australian prices tend to be naturally higher for electronics. Just on exchange rates with no fees it would be $1075 anyway.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:08am
Square Wave Limited is the official distributor in HK
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 30 seconds ago
- › Were the Nazis at the Nuremberg Trials wearing audiophile headphones? 38 seconds ago
- › The GRADO SR-60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)