- 2,782 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: MI,USA / Hong Kong / China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 4/19/15 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 158post #2356 of 50604/29/14 at 4:23amWe are probably steering just a tad too close to sound science territories... Need more M news and impression, need them soon!!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2357 of 50604/30/14 at 4:30am
Well i don't know how soon i can provide impressions but i have ordered one. They reckon shipping on the 19th of May.
I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it.post #2358 of 50604/30/14 at 4:57amQuote:
Congrats for your purchase, can't wait to hear what you have to say!
Where did you get your unit from?post #2359 of 50604/30/14 at 5:01amQuote:
I am looking forward to your impressions. Am currently waiting for my dx90, but may yet get the calyx before selling one!post #2360 of 50604/30/14 at 5:14ampost #2361 of 50604/30/14 at 5:30ampost #2362 of 50604/30/14 at 6:53amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by zachchen1996
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly. It is probably about $140 AUD more than it could be purchased for later but i really don't care. As long as it sounds good that is. I am hoping it goes beautifully with my new DITA The Answer.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:01ampost #2363 of 50604/30/14 at 6:55ampost #2364 of 50604/30/14 at 6:59amQuote:
No not yet, it's supposed to release sometime in May. Calyx is still in the process of announcing distributors.post #2365 of 50604/30/14 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Sauntere
Yep that's the one... I asked them about it a few weeks ago since they have other Calyx products. The made it available for pre order about a week ago but i was hunting around the net to see if it showed up anywhere else cheaper. It hasn't. $1299 AUD delivered express. I don't think that's too bad to get my hands on quickly.
Did the price get raised? Or are Australia prices naturally higher? I remember the original price was supposed to be $995 USD?post #2366 of 50604/30/14 at 7:06ampost #2367 of 50604/30/14 at 7:06amQuote:
Australian prices tend to be naturally higher for electronics. Just on exchange rates with no fees it would be $1075 anyway.
Edited by Sauntere - 4/30/14 at 7:08ampost #2368 of 50604/30/14 at 7:13ampost #2369 of 50604/30/14 at 7:44amQuote:
Square Wave Limited is the official distributor in HK
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 27 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 2 minutes ago
- › June Headfi Singapore Meet 3 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2