I bet the battery life is great as well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 144post #2146 of 41784/10/14 at 8:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 41784/10/14 at 8:42ampost #2148 of 41784/10/14 at 9:11ampost #2149 of 41784/10/14 at 9:16ampost #2150 of 41784/10/14 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicheaven
I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around.
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there.
Calyx M size comparison DX50 iPhone 5s
very nice alpha version .
ibasso´s size is rather convenient - perhaps we should wait for the dx95 - same dimensions, with hires full screen display and the side buttons ,,, and more memorypost #2151 of 41784/10/14 at 12:16pmpost #2152 of 41784/10/14 at 1:23pm
no use for a digital out: no other dac in sight - especially when you are on the way -
to convert the m´s digital data with better quality (according to calyx).
a digital in would be more helpful - at least for x3 users.post #2153 of 41784/10/14 at 1:35pmpost #2154 of 41784/10/14 at 1:38pmQuote:
If you take the time to read through this thread, you'll understand why some of us have wished for a D-O on the Calyx-M, but that's now a redundant conversation, since it is (AFAIK) being released without.
I'm struggling to understand why on earth an X3 user would need a D-I on the Calyx-M, thoughpost #2155 of 41784/10/14 at 1:48pmpost #2156 of 41784/10/14 at 1:49pmpost #2157 of 41784/10/14 at 2:04pmpost #2158 of 41784/10/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
I failed to see the sense on this scenario. Why not just take the SD card from X3 and plug it in on M. Just dump the X3 you don't need that anymore, you don't want to stack devices if there is no benefit at all. (Unless you want a solid brick to defend yourself when you get mugged on the streets ) In this case I don't think there is any.post #2159 of 41784/10/14 at 6:19pmpost #2160 of 41784/10/14 at 8:09pm
I just want to see a DX90 vs Calyx M comparison, when two daps use the same DAC there is no where to hide in a comparison! especially if one of those daps is over twice the price of the other :/ I want the Calyx M to be a sucess so I can take advantage of its sexy UI and big screen ease!
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 15 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF120 v. AF78? 7 minutes ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 8 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 8 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)