I bet the battery life is great as well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Oppo HA-1 or Auralic Taurus MkII for LCD-3 Last post on 9/18/14 at 8:29am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/26/14 at 9:26am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 crooked? Is this normal? Last post on 8/27/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 144post #2146 of 43494/10/14 at 8:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 43494/10/14 at 8:42ampost #2148 of 43494/10/14 at 9:11ampost #2149 of 43494/10/14 at 9:16ampost #2150 of 43494/10/14 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicheaven
I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around.
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there.
Calyx M size comparison DX50 iPhone 5s
very nice alpha version .
ibasso´s size is rather convenient - perhaps we should wait for the dx95 - same dimensions, with hires full screen display and the side buttons ,,, and more memorypost #2151 of 43494/10/14 at 12:16pmpost #2152 of 43494/10/14 at 1:23pm
no use for a digital out: no other dac in sight - especially when you are on the way -
to convert the m´s digital data with better quality (according to calyx).
a digital in would be more helpful - at least for x3 users.post #2153 of 43494/10/14 at 1:35pmpost #2154 of 43494/10/14 at 1:38pmQuote:
If you take the time to read through this thread, you'll understand why some of us have wished for a D-O on the Calyx-M, but that's now a redundant conversation, since it is (AFAIK) being released without.
I'm struggling to understand why on earth an X3 user would need a D-I on the Calyx-M, thoughpost #2155 of 43494/10/14 at 1:48pmpost #2156 of 43494/10/14 at 1:49pmpost #2157 of 43494/10/14 at 2:04pmpost #2158 of 43494/10/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
I failed to see the sense on this scenario. Why not just take the SD card from X3 and plug it in on M. Just dump the X3 you don't need that anymore, you don't want to stack devices if there is no benefit at all. (Unless you want a solid brick to defend yourself when you get mugged on the streets ) In this case I don't think there is any.post #2159 of 43494/10/14 at 6:19pmpost #2160 of 43494/10/14 at 8:09pm
I just want to see a DX90 vs Calyx M comparison, when two daps use the same DAC there is no where to hide in a comparison! especially if one of those daps is over twice the price of the other :/ I want the Calyx M to be a sucess so I can take advantage of its sexy UI and big screen ease!
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 second ago
- › Review : Sennheiser HD 25-1 II 17 seconds ago
- › Help me choose headphones for under $300! 37 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 55 seconds ago
- › Grado wood makers & sellers thread 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 3 minutes ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 3 minutes ago
- › Suggest me a headphone under 150 $ 3 minutes ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 6 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)