I bet the battery life is great as well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 with MiniBox, Discrete or IEM card Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 144post #2146 of 48894/10/14 at 8:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 48894/10/14 at 8:42ampost #2148 of 48894/10/14 at 9:11ampost #2149 of 48894/10/14 at 9:16ampost #2150 of 48894/10/14 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicheaven
I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around.
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there.
Calyx M size comparison DX50 iPhone 5s
very nice alpha version .
ibasso´s size is rather convenient - perhaps we should wait for the dx95 - same dimensions, with hires full screen display and the side buttons ,,, and more memorypost #2151 of 48894/10/14 at 12:16pmpost #2152 of 48894/10/14 at 1:23pm
no use for a digital out: no other dac in sight - especially when you are on the way -
to convert the m´s digital data with better quality (according to calyx).
a digital in would be more helpful - at least for x3 users.post #2153 of 48894/10/14 at 1:35pmpost #2154 of 48894/10/14 at 1:38pmQuote:
If you take the time to read through this thread, you'll understand why some of us have wished for a D-O on the Calyx-M, but that's now a redundant conversation, since it is (AFAIK) being released without.
I'm struggling to understand why on earth an X3 user would need a D-I on the Calyx-M, thoughpost #2155 of 48894/10/14 at 1:48pmpost #2156 of 48894/10/14 at 1:49pmpost #2157 of 48894/10/14 at 2:04pmpost #2158 of 48894/10/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
I failed to see the sense on this scenario. Why not just take the SD card from X3 and plug it in on M. Just dump the X3 you don't need that anymore, you don't want to stack devices if there is no benefit at all. (Unless you want a solid brick to defend yourself when you get mugged on the streets ) In this case I don't think there is any.post #2159 of 48894/10/14 at 6:19pmpost #2160 of 48894/10/14 at 8:09pm
I just want to see a DX90 vs Calyx M comparison, when two daps use the same DAC there is no where to hide in a comparison! especially if one of those daps is over twice the price of the other :/ I want the Calyx M to be a sucess so I can take advantage of its sexy UI and big screen ease!
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 29 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 38 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › CD to FLAC and M4A to FLAC 1 minute ago
- › [Impression] Apple Nano 7G + Lightning-to-30pin adapter 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2