I bet the battery life is great as well
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Best tube amp for LCD-3 Last post on 10/3/14 at 6:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- balanced amp for lcd3 Last post on 9/28/14 at 9:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA-8 Last post on 10/9/14 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 144post #2146 of 44704/10/14 at 8:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 44704/10/14 at 8:42ampost #2148 of 44704/10/14 at 9:11ampost #2149 of 44704/10/14 at 9:16ampost #2150 of 44704/10/14 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicheaven
I made a Calyx M enclosure mock-up just to have a feel of its size and to compared it with my DX50 and iPhone 5s. Initially I was quite worried about the size, I don't want to haul a large player around.
Having checked out its dimensions I think it's not bad at all but the 230 g might make it feel heavy. I guess next I should add 230 g of metal in there.
Calyx M size comparison DX50 iPhone 5s
very nice alpha version .
ibasso´s size is rather convenient - perhaps we should wait for the dx95 - same dimensions, with hires full screen display and the side buttons ,,, and more memorypost #2151 of 44704/10/14 at 12:16pmpost #2152 of 44704/10/14 at 1:23pm
no use for a digital out: no other dac in sight - especially when you are on the way -
to convert the m´s digital data with better quality (according to calyx).
a digital in would be more helpful - at least for x3 users.post #2153 of 44704/10/14 at 1:35pmpost #2154 of 44704/10/14 at 1:38pmQuote:
If you take the time to read through this thread, you'll understand why some of us have wished for a D-O on the Calyx-M, but that's now a redundant conversation, since it is (AFAIK) being released without.
I'm struggling to understand why on earth an X3 user would need a D-I on the Calyx-M, thoughpost #2155 of 44704/10/14 at 1:48pmpost #2156 of 44704/10/14 at 1:49pmpost #2157 of 44704/10/14 at 2:04pmpost #2158 of 44704/10/14 at 5:45pmQuote:
I failed to see the sense on this scenario. Why not just take the SD card from X3 and plug it in on M. Just dump the X3 you don't need that anymore, you don't want to stack devices if there is no benefit at all. (Unless you want a solid brick to defend yourself when you get mugged on the streets ) In this case I don't think there is any.post #2159 of 44704/10/14 at 6:19pmpost #2160 of 44704/10/14 at 8:09pm
I just want to see a DX90 vs Calyx M comparison, when two daps use the same DAC there is no where to hide in a comparison! especially if one of those daps is over twice the price of the other :/ I want the Calyx M to be a sucess so I can take advantage of its sexy UI and big screen ease!
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › AMB M3 Stereo Headphone Amplifier and Preamp + Sigma 25 Regulated... 19 seconds ago
- › Which Version of the TRITTON 720+ 7.1 would be better? 42 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-3 (2014) ES9018 DAC 51 seconds ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 55 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Cheap audiophile laptop 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)