or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 136

post #2026 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Wow that's terrible. Now I understand why you want to come back with a player from a trip.

Player and Headphones :k701smile:

post #2027 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Yep, I find them [portable DAPs] to be excruciatingly poor value propositions. I sat down with a few of them  couple of weeks ago.

 

Hi, eke2006 -

 

I am curious: have you heard the DX100 or the AK240? I haven't tried either of them, but the DX100 in particular seems to have a reliable reputation for high-quality output. I'd like to know what you think of them.

 

It's worth noting, too, that both the DX100 and the Calyx M use Saber DACs. Perhaps it's why the Calyx's audio performance has received accolades on par with the DX100.

 

Who knows? Maybe there's hope. . . .

 

Best regards,

Brian

post #2028 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarr112281 View Post
 

 

Hi, eke2006 -

 

I am curious: have you heard the DX100 or the AK240? I haven't tried either of them, but the DX100 in particular seems to have a reliable reputation for high-quality output. I'd like to know what you think of them.

 

It's worth noting, too, that both the DX100 and the Calyx M use Saber DACs. Perhaps it's why the Calyx's audio performance has received accolades on par with the DX100.

 

Who knows? Maybe there's hope. . . .

 

Best regards,

Brian

 

Where did you read that Calyx M is on a par with DX100 ?  

post #2029 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post
 

 

Where did you read that Calyx M is on a par with DX100 ?  

+1

post #2030 of 5495
They advertised availability of the player for those folks who deal with Jaben stores for the locations below.

On FB
"We are happy to announce the official regional distributor,
https://www.facebook.com/JabenSG
covering Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Jaben will have review samples soon and M will be at Jaben stores in May."

Hopefully should have some impressions soon.
post #2031 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

They advertised availability of the player for those folks who deal with Jaben stores for the locations below.

On FB
"We are happy to announce the official regional distributor,
https://www.facebook.com/JabenSG
covering Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Jaben will have review samples soon and M will be at Jaben stores in May."

Hopefully should have some impressions soon.

 

 

No Jaben Hong Kong!!! :(

post #2032 of 5495
I'm in Malaysia, so I'll get to test their 'best' sounding claim in May..
post #2033 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrys30 View Post


No Jaben Hong Kong!!! frown.gif

That's their first regional distributor announcement so I am pretty sure they'll add more, May is when they say they will ship internationally.
post #2034 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

They advertised availability of the player for those folks who deal with Jaben stores for the locations below.



On FB

"We are happy to announce the official regional distributor,

https://www.facebook.com/JabenSG

covering Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.



Jaben will have review samples soon and M will be at Jaben stores in May."



Hopefully should have some impressions soon.

 



Good, will be trying them soon as they are available.
post #2035 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

I'm in Malaysia, so I'll get to test their 'best' sounding claim in May..

That's very good, can't wait to hear your first impression. beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post



Good, will be trying them soon as they are available.

The more the merrier! beerchug.gif

Edited by musicheaven - 4/2/14 at 12:30am
post #2036 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matias View Post
 

 

They even used Audio Precision to measure both units and posted the graphs online as proof! What else do you want?? If you still don't believe their word, well, just wait and listen to the M.

If I take them at their word, Femto looks like bad deal. I will guarantee you that the the channel separation is closer to 50db below the rated spec into 16 ohms at power. Giving that dac spec for a device that doesn't have a line out is misleading and not achievable is use. I'll apologies to Calyx in this thread if I'm wrong when measured but there's only so much you can do with a power supply in a device that size.

 

That said, I don't really care if it doesn't meet that spec or about their marketing if the M rocks sonically and hope it does. I certainly don't see why it couldn't. I even think the power sufficient if done right. :normal_smile : There's just no need to wind up the hype machine until there's a few about. 

post #2037 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

"We are happy to announce the official regional distributor,
https://www.facebook.com/JabenSG
covering Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Jaben will have review samples soon and M will be at Jaben stores in May."

 

I'm a Jaben member, so I will definitely be there to audition it and give some feedback here when it comes in. Really interested to find out how good it sounds and make a A-B test against my AK240.

post #2038 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post

I'm a Jaben member, so I will definitely be there to audition it and give some feedback here when it comes in. Really interested to find out how good it sounds and make a A-B test against my AK240.

Thanks exactly the setup I'd hope someone would have. If any possible use earphones and headphones of good quality.

Can't wait to hear what you gotta say! beerchug.gif
post #2039 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post
 

 

I'm a Jaben member, so I will definitely be there to audition it and give some feedback here when it comes in. Really interested to find out how good it sounds and make a A-B test against my AK240.

:bigsmile_face:

post #2040 of 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post
 

 

I'm a Jaben member, so I will definitely be there to audition it and give some feedback here when it comes in. Really interested to find out how good it sounds and make a A-B test against my AK240.

 

 

"Place your bets!"

 

 

 

 

(My money's on the M  :popcorn:)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage