Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 111

post #1651 of 4713
I can see comments are starting to pile up in their FB page.
post #1652 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

I can see comments are starting to pile up in their FB page.

I did my part as well... at least we can try to manage a limited time offer for international orders... On $650, I will instantly buy the Calyx M! Heck... even on $700 :P

post #1653 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post


Great! Staying quiet and letting it slide isn't good or it'll make it seem as headfiers are easy pushovers. They might change their stance if they get flooded with negative feedback
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

I can see comments are starting to pile up in their FB page

 

last thing you need is irate Head-fi'ers on your case... looks like Facebook is where all the action is, I might go see how the pre-fight training is shaping up... :veryevil:

post #1654 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

 

 

last thing you need is irate Head-fi'ers on your case... looks like Facebook is where all the action is, I might go see how the pre-fight training is shaping up... " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/very_evil_smiley.gif">

 



Hahah, just enough to keep us entertained while waiting for each anticipated Daps get released.
post #1655 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

 

last thing you need is irate Head-fi'ers on your case... looks like Facebook is where all the action is, I might go see how the pre-fight training is shaping up... :veryevil:

 

Only way for a change to happen is to ruffle some feathers :D

post #1656 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post




Haha that would be me trying to speak up for the rest of you guys here. Would be helpful if more people from head-fi post supporting comments in the FB.
I do find Calyx replies not sincere.
Initially he said the $650 is only for February and now is March. After that he changed his tune and said it's only for Koreans.
Quite biased if you ask me. Won't be surprised if their marketing service are geared towards iRiver in the future.

 

 

I don't agree that there is anything remotely Iriver in their attitude. Different company.

 

They did make a mistake though. Calyx didn't appreciate that a limited time offer to Koreans only at a much lower price than an international offer might be offensive. It's just a facet of the highly ethnocentric Korean culture that they assume that taking special care of their own is normal and will not be perceived as arrogant.

 

I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia. But in this case a cultural difference may have backfired because it did offend.

post #1657 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

 

I don't agree that there is anything remotely Iriver in their attitude. Different company.

 

They did make a mistake though. Calyx didn't appreciate that a limited time offer to Koreans only at a much lower price than an international offer might be offensive. It's just a facet of the highly ethnocentric Korean culture that they assume that taking special care of their own is normal and will not be perceived as arrogant.

 

I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia. But in this case a cultural difference may have backfired because it did offend.

 

Nah none taken. I don't want to generalize a population/race, but quite a number of them do hold their own in higher esteem than others.

I too love Korean culture, from food to their dramas and music and history. But what i mean't by marketing/customer service gearing towards iRiver in the future is their responses/replies.

E.g- $650 is only for February and later changing to only for Koreans. Not very sincere in the answer. They should just straight out mention in the first place that $650 is only for our beloved citizens in Korea.

Ofc they're not as bad as AK yet, considering their response towards the 22 ohms initially was something like their support team is working on it?

post #1658 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

 

I don't agree that there is anything remotely Iriver in their attitude. Different company.

 

They did make a mistake though. Calyx didn't appreciate that a limited time offer to Koreans only at a much lower price than an international offer might be offensive. It's just a facet of the highly ethnocentric Korean culture that they assume that taking special care of their own is normal and will not be perceived as arrogant.

 

I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia. But in this case a cultural difference may have backfired because it did offend.

 

They are running a business and cater to international customers. There is nothing wrong about their culture, they just have to adjust to anyone outside their culture if they have any ambition to grow their business beyond their borders.

post #1659 of 4713

I would think any break would be appreciated without being jealous of the fortunate Korean early adopters who have effectively been guinea pigs. That there aren't reports of teething pains makes them lucky and also speaks to the thoroughness of of Calyx.

post #1660 of 4713
Agreed any breaks is good but I have to say that the way they handled the international deal has not been smooth including the reason why they did not offer a better deal earlier. You say hey sorry for the earlier deal but you are too late even though the better offer never came. It makes them look offensive and illogical even though they have not meant it.
post #1661 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

I really liked how one head fier member put it pages back.If we can't do movies playback or net surfing why add a huge 4.65 inch OLED? Battery is wasted .

 So folks over 40 and others with less than stellar vision can use it without donning reading glasses? The bigger the screen, the better. How long is the screen actually on in use?


Edited by goodvibes - 3/6/14 at 5:30am
post #1662 of 4713
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

I don't mean this to be at all sarcastic or dismissive. Korea is cool and their food is the best in Asia.

 

It's pretty good but not remotely close to the best IMHO. Village Hawker food from Malaysia smashes it...

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlafoe8qw48BZ-s3zjLbGOosCHYDDhcg5xU6E0L7ZgSgGXbg32UQ

post #1663 of 4713

Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese...

post #1664 of 4713

Taiwanese food too

post #1665 of 4713

DELETE


Edited by Mython - 4/1/14 at 4:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage