Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 93

post #1381 of 5552

Gentlemen, man your mice. I sense that we are close...!

post #1382 of 5552
Yeah thanks to their last Facebook status, sounds by their message they are getting close to resolving the shipping issues regarding the warranty portion. Let's see when, what and how much it'll be.
post #1383 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Yeah thanks to their last Facebook status, sounds by their message they are getting close to resolving the shipping issues regarding the warranty portion. Let's see when, what and how much it'll be.

Ohhh if it is going to be the same, or near the Korean price... I might cancell my X5 order and get this instead! smily_headphones1.gif
post #1384 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCandel View Post

Ohhh if it is going to be the same, or near the Korean price... I might cancell my X5 order and get this instead! smily_headphones1.gif

No indications to how much the deal will be but you can be certain it'll be more much more than the X5. We are waiting for them to post the promotion on the site or a reference thereof.
post #1385 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


No indications to how much the deal will be but you can be certain it'll be more much more than the X5. We are waiting for them to post the promotion on the site or a reference thereof.

Yeah I am tracking their FB page as well ;) the UI, touchscreen, SD and microSD and already internal memory will be enough reason for me to spend an extra amount of money (if not too much ofcourse! :P). Is there already some information about the shipping dates? (Korean of International)

 

While I still have to wait for like a year on JH Audio to begin crafting my Roxanne's, I hope to enjoy a new DAP in the meantime! :P

post #1386 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxlight View Post

 

I felt the Calyx M sounds amazing for Hi-Fi users especially on people who are intimate with the Hi-End or Hi-Fi speaker sound. But with the another experience with Sony ZX1, Calyx M might not the best solution for the one who is much favored for personal audio with portable devices. I recommend them to use ZX1 than Calyx M. However, if someone is eager to feel the natural and analog-like sound, Calyx M would be the one. Thank you :-)

 

  So what exactly does it mean by natural and analog compared to Sony's ZX1? ZX1 is too digital sounding compared to M? M is more on the musical/warm side and not analytical/cold? I thought the ZX1 is rather warm instead of analytical like the AK120.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxlight View Post
 

Hmm. I mentioned all as I remember. Because most of the other participants were from AK series community, they seemed to be very cautious to say anything. As you know, in this field, it is easy to argue with the quality of sound. However, other postings or opinions in Korean website after the presentation, the reputation of M was focused on the naturality and no coloration pretty much. And he told us about the every parts were composed of the best class ingredients from the most reliable companies. One of them is the "Gorilla glass" to protect display from the Corning. Others were also interesting but I can't talk all of them because it was confidential before its releasing date to mass communication, worldwide. I knew the stories of FiiO X5 and iBasso DX90 is supposed to be equipped with wonderful DAC chips and amps. I think it depends on the choice by the each customer. Good luck for you! :- )

 

  So I guess M's sound signature is neutral/not much coloration here.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxlight View Post


It would be so neutral because of their analog-like sound and limitation on the music selection, it was just felt like a little warm :- )
 
So is it neutral like your previous posts mentioned or warm? Those 2 are on completely opposite spectrum. What does analog-like mean compared to say AK120 or HM-901?
post #1387 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCandel View Post


Ohhh if it is going to be the same, or near the Korean price... I might cancell my X5 order and get this instead! smily_headphones1.gif

go both! They both have my confidence and deserve our support if we can afford it.

post #1388 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenook View Post

go both! They both have my confidence and deserve our support if we can afford it.

Hahaha you sir, are bad for my wallet... This thought is in my mind right now... The only question remains... Will the one offer something that the other doesn't... Specifically focussed when looking at the things the X5 may offer that the M won't...
post #1389 of 5552
OMG, 650$??? Gimme me two pls!!!

Calyx, please stop my agony, tell me where and when i can buy M for 650$? wink.gif
post #1390 of 5552

I'd love for more comparisons between the zx1 first but I'd jump on $650.

post #1391 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear View Post

  So what exactly does it mean by natural and analog compared to Sony's ZX1? ZX1 is too digital sounding compared to M? M is more on the musical/warm side and not analytical/cold? I thought the ZX1 is rather warm instead of analytical like the AK120.
Sorry, I do not know if you talk from experience but I own the ZX1 and owned the AK120 and it is totally the opposite. The ZX1 is definitely cold and clear and spacious and analytical whereas the AK120 is warm and smooth, some would say musical, I would say a bit congested.
post #1392 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Sorry, I do not know if you talk from experience but I own the ZX1 and owned the AK120 and it is totally the opposite. The ZX1 is definitely cold and clear and spacious and analytical whereas the AK120 is warm and smooth, some would say musical, I would say a bit congested.

 

I have the AK120 but not the ZX1. My general impression of ZX1 comes from some of those on Head-Fi who owns it and they commented that ZX1 is more musical than analytical because of its S-Master HX amp. As for AK120 it is definitely much more analytical than my FiiO X3, although I wouldn't call AK120 congested at all. X3 is definitely warmer. However, I do find AK120's internal amp a bit on the weaker side (sound not as full-bodied without external amping) so I usually listen to it amp'ed to my Pico Slim (on the go) or Apex Glacier (sitting down in front of a desk).

 

I would love to find out if Calyx M tends towards the analytical or the musical side. Based on Maxlight's comments, M seems to be neutral with little to no coloration but then he said it is more analog sounding and just a little on the warm side (based on the limited selection of music tracks pre-loaded on M). I think from what I can understand from his comment on M vs ZX1, he is trying to say that M's UI is not as polished as ZX1 so those who prefer a more fluid/quick UI should go with ZX1. To me neutral is like flat/clean. I wonder how neutral sounding is that like when it is also quite analog (tube like?) and a little warm.

post #1393 of 5552
Oh ok than it is just a matter of reference as I hear the X3 is pretty warm. Anyways, the ZX1 is colder than AK120 and I guess the Calyx could be in between?
post #1394 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCandel View Post


Hahaha you sir, are bad for my wallet... This thought is in my mind right now... The only question remains... Will the one offer something that the other doesn't... Specifically focussed when looking at the things the X5 may offer that the M won't...

Why funny you may ask.

 

They both have 2 memory cards, Calyx has some internal.

 

The X5 has a digital out that can work with the Chord Hugo the Calyx does not.

 

The Calyx amp is supposed to be good for an internal amp so should be in line with 901 or AK240, we'll see on that one.

 

Calyx M has a nice touchscreen X5 Does not

 

X5 can be lost in a fire or flushed down the toilet by your kid only costing you another $350.  You could really flush 3 down for the price of one Calyx.  

 

So you can use the X5 in more mobile risky situations than the Calyx really.

 

X5 support seems to listen to their customers and Calyx does too but X5 or Fiio has more experience building DAPS.

 

Calyx does 32 bit stuff.  Nothing exists but it can do it.

 

Here is the best solid reasoning.  If you only buy one it's like listening to mono, you need 2 options one for each ear so buy a Calyx M and X5.  My reasoning is sound and unquestionable.


Edited by Shenook - 2/26/14 at 9:28pm
post #1395 of 5552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenook View Post

Why funny you may ask.

 

They both have 2 memory cards, Calyx has some internal.

 

The X5 has a digital out that can work with the Chord Hugo the Calyx does not.

 

The Calyx amp is supposed to be good for an internal amp so should be in line with 901 or AK240, we'll see on that one.

 

Calyx M has a nice touchscreen X5 Does not

 

X5 can be lost in a fire or flushed down the toilet by your kid only costing you another $350.  You could really flush 3 down for the price of one Calyx.  

 

So you can use the X5 in more mobile risky situations than the Calyx really.

 

X5 support seems to listen to their customers and Calyx does too but X5 or Fiio has more experience building DAPS.

 

Calyx does 32 bit stuff.  Nothing exists but it can do it.

 

Here is the best solid reasoning.  If you only buy one it's like listening to mono, you need 2 options one for each ear so buy a Calyx M and X5.  My reasoning is sound and unquestionable.

 



a better reason ... You are in head-fi for Pete's sake. You will never be satisfied with only one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage