or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 90

post #1336 of 5502

Good news :  SanDisk 128 Gb Available....finally !    200$

 

So far, Exclusively from  Amazon  &  Best Buy.

post #1337 of 5502

@Maxlight,

 

Thank you very much for your impressions, much appreciated. I have a question. Are you sure they will add "Folder View/Playback" mode in the future with firmware update? It would be quite a turnoff for me if they don't include it, I always use folder view to play my files.

post #1338 of 5502
Calyx, you testing my patience, where is promotion offer? I cannot sleep. I cannot eat. I want M here, immediately, right now!!! biggrin.gif
post #1339 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

Good news :  SanDisk 128 Gb Available....finally !    200$

 

So far, Exclusively from  Amazon  &  Best Buy.

yes, I posted this yesterday in this thread :)


Edited by Shenook - 2/24/14 at 12:10pm
post #1340 of 5502
post #1341 of 5502

I notice the demo unit is (apparently) the same one as they've been touting at trade shows, over the past couple of months.

 

Interesting that they're doing a preliminary run of 100. This might imply that there may be room for a little fine-tuning (say, adding a digital-out, perhaps :wink:), based upon, feedback, before producing the subsequent 3000-or-so units, which would be a similar approach to that which Fiio undertook with the X5 (they retuned its SS a bit, based upon feedback from dealers etc., prior to putting it into production-proper).

 

Here's hoping Calyx will reverse their ludicrous decisions with regard to the most recent button modifications, when they produce the 2nd batch of 3000 :rolleyes: 

 

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 3/4/14 at 6:07pm
post #1342 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

I notice the demo unit is (apparently) the same one as they've been touting at trade shows, over the past couple of months.

Interesting that they're doing a preliminary run of 1000. This might imply that there may be room for a little fine-tuning (say, adding a digital-out, perhaps wink.gif ), based upon, feedback, before producing the subsequent 300o-or-so units, which would be a similar approach to that which Fiio undertook with the X5 (they retuned its SS a bit, based upon feedback from dealers etc., prior to putting it into production-proper).

Here's hoping Calyx will reverse their ludicrous decisions with regard to the most recent button modifications, when they produce the 2nd batch of 3000 rolleyes.gif

mate, if you will keep asking them and they comply then i risk not seeing my Calyx M at all tongue.gif
post #1343 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


mate, if you will keep asking them and they comply then i risk not seeing my Calyx M at all tongue.gif

 

 

Well, I am serious about the buttons. That would be an extremely quick and easy fix.

post #1344 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


Well, I am serious about the buttons. That would be an extremely quick and easy fix.

I do not doubt your seriousness but i can hardly wait for M and as concerns me i would gladly accept current type version smily_headphones1.gif
post #1345 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post


I do not doubt your seriousness but i can hardly wait for M and as concerns me i would gladly accept current type version smily_headphones1.gif

 

I'm in no hurry to buy a DAP that stupidly and unnecessarily puts my hearing at risk, and whose control buttons are difficult to reliably identify by touch, in my pocket.

 

Maybe that makes me strange, but I don't think so

post #1346 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

@Maxlight,

Thank you very much for your impressions, much appreciated. I have a question. Are you sure they will add "Folder View/Playback" mode in the future with firmware update? It would be quite a turnoff for me if they don't include it, I always use folder view to play my files.

AT THE PRESENTATION, ALL THE PARTICIPANTS STRONGLY REQUEST THAT FUNCTION AND THE CEO ACCEPTED. AFTER THE MEETING, HE CONFIRMED THROUGH THE CALYX FACEBOOK PAGE. SO I AM QUITE SURE ABOUT THIS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTION, ASK THEM VIA E-MAIL: ASK@CALYX.KR :- )
post #1347 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxlight View Post


AT THE PRESENTATION, ALL THE PARTICIPANTS STRONGLY REQUEST THAT FUNCTION AND THE CEO ACCEPTED. AFTER THE MEETING, HE CONFIRMED THROUGH THE CALYX FACEBOOK PAGE. SO I AM QUITE SURE ABOUT THIS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTION, ASK THEM VIA E-MAIL: ASK@CALYX.KR :- )

 

Excellent since that's the way i view and search as well.

post #1348 of 5502

Calyx just announced another demo day - this time, only 5 people per 2 hour session (and 2 sessions, so 10 people in all) - so that's a theoretical maximum of 24 minutes per person. Still not long, but at least some first impressions can continue to trickle out in addition to 'Maxlight's' (thanks for yours, Maxlight).

post #1349 of 5502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Calyx just announced another demo day - this time, only 5 people per 2 hour session (and 2 sessions, so 10 people in all) - so that's a theoretical maximum of 24 minutes per person. Still not long, but at least some first impressions can continue to trickle out in addition to 'Maxlight's' (thanks for yours, Maxlight).

 

I am really glad that my humble English words helped you. Thank you. : - )

post #1350 of 5502

Maxlight, your impressions are much appreciated!

 

I am glad that Calyx will add a File Browser. That is an extremely important function.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage