Looks good. Just hope the UI is as user friendly as they claim.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Hifiman HE-560 vs LCD-3 vs HD800 vs K812 -- quick impressions Last post on 8/25/14 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Mint Audeze LCD-3, Fazor Upgrade & Extras Available + Transferable Warranty Last post on 7/23/14 at 1:22am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Audeze LCD open to closed mod Last post on 6/26/14 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My first HIFI audio meldown Last post on 6/15/14 at 9:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 83post #1231 of 41672/18/14 at 11:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 41672/19/14 at 7:57ampost #1233 of 41672/19/14 at 8:04am
Yes you can through the headphone out of M. Calyx claims it will be clean just like having a dedicated line outpost #1234 of 41672/19/14 at 8:21amQuote:
isnt this what the AK series does as well? HO as LO?post #1235 of 41672/19/14 at 8:34ampost #1236 of 41672/19/14 at 8:55ampost #1237 of 41672/19/14 at 8:58am
but the Modded RWAK-120-s (or -b) HAS a dedicated LO (but... no more HO).post #1238 of 41672/19/14 at 9:07amQuote:
Obviously I'm talking about the AKs from iRiver being compared to the M not from RW.post #1239 of 41672/19/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Or... we could get a calyx modded by Vinnie into a ... RWM ?post #1240 of 41672/19/14 at 9:22am
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...post #1241 of 41672/19/14 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...
I won't comment ! I don't want to be definitively banned from Head-Fipost #1242 of 41672/19/14 at 11:56amQuote:
so can I use a chord Hugo? I was told no earlier. Thank you for the responses.post #1243 of 41672/19/14 at 12:07pmQuote:
Does Chord Hugo has a line in? No, so you can't use. Hugo is a DAC/AMP, not only amp.
You can search for these basic info everywhere, no need to ask people. I mean it is not something, it is not something rocket science. Search it first, if you still can't find it, then ask here.
Chord Hugo inputs:
• Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192kHz-capable
• RCA coaxial input 24-bit/384kHz-capable
• Driverless USB input 16-bit/48kHz-capable (designed for tablets/phones)
• HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable (for computer/laptop playback; see driver details below)
EDIT: I also would like to comment on Digital Out topic. We know Calyx decided not to use it, fine. But if they could send HD data from USB (32 bit / 384 KHz, DSD128 capable) I am sure it would increase their sales significantly as well as leaving no box un-checked in our lists and make them even more stronger compared to their rivals. Imagine, audiophiles would go mad: Around 450 gb storage, wonderful UI, connectivity option to Hugo while still performs high SQ as a standalone dap too.
Do I really need both of my kidneys?
Edited by AmberOzL - 2/19/14 at 12:11pmpost #1244 of 41672/19/14 at 12:15pmOMG, never ending discussion about optical out, gimme a break guys, go for Red Wine S-moded AK120 if you need true clean DO and leave us with M alone
seriously, wait for Calyx to tells us when and where we can preorder this M beautypost #1245 of 41672/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
RWAK 120 S has Line Out mate, not digital out.
Btw, I am completely fine with Calyx's decision, I don't think I would carry 2 devices stack with me all the time. However, I was thinking about for this community, I know people would like to get the best out of their hobby as long as their wallets allow them. There are many reasons to add D-O and many reasons to keep it away from M. Both options are fine for me, but it would make hell of a difference to some other people, as well as make M a complete warrior against it's rivals which already has optical out/coax out.
I am waiting for international release + pre order discount, will get one asap I think. What they already did is a big game for me, all those changes (Output impedance, Wifi-SD slot etc etc) are wonderful. That's how you gain potential customers attention.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Head-Fi Meet in Lawrence Kansas! 9/13/2014 10am in Lawrence... 1 minute ago
- › Help please 1 minute ago
- › Post any photograph you want! 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors) 3 minutes ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 4 minutes ago
- › 5532 parallel headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)