Looks good. Just hope the UI is as user friendly as they claim.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need recommendations for headphone amps/dacs Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 5/22/15 at 7:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 83post #1231 of 50682/18/14 at 11:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 50682/19/14 at 7:57ampost #1233 of 50682/19/14 at 8:04am
Yes you can through the headphone out of M. Calyx claims it will be clean just like having a dedicated line outpost #1234 of 50682/19/14 at 8:21amQuote:
isnt this what the AK series does as well? HO as LO?post #1235 of 50682/19/14 at 8:34ampost #1236 of 50682/19/14 at 8:55ampost #1237 of 50682/19/14 at 8:58am
but the Modded RWAK-120-s (or -b) HAS a dedicated LO (but... no more HO).post #1238 of 50682/19/14 at 9:07amQuote:
Obviously I'm talking about the AKs from iRiver being compared to the M not from RW.post #1239 of 50682/19/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Or... we could get a calyx modded by Vinnie into a ... RWM ?post #1240 of 50682/19/14 at 9:22am
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...post #1241 of 50682/19/14 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...
I won't comment ! I don't want to be definitively banned from Head-Fipost #1242 of 50682/19/14 at 11:56amQuote:
so can I use a chord Hugo? I was told no earlier. Thank you for the responses.post #1243 of 50682/19/14 at 12:07pmQuote:
Does Chord Hugo has a line in? No, so you can't use. Hugo is a DAC/AMP, not only amp.
You can search for these basic info everywhere, no need to ask people. I mean it is not something, it is not something rocket science. Search it first, if you still can't find it, then ask here.
Chord Hugo inputs:
• Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192kHz-capable
• RCA coaxial input 24-bit/384kHz-capable
• Driverless USB input 16-bit/48kHz-capable (designed for tablets/phones)
• HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable (for computer/laptop playback; see driver details below)
EDIT: I also would like to comment on Digital Out topic. We know Calyx decided not to use it, fine. But if they could send HD data from USB (32 bit / 384 KHz, DSD128 capable) I am sure it would increase their sales significantly as well as leaving no box un-checked in our lists and make them even more stronger compared to their rivals. Imagine, audiophiles would go mad: Around 450 gb storage, wonderful UI, connectivity option to Hugo while still performs high SQ as a standalone dap too.
Do I really need both of my kidneys?
Edited by AmberOzL - 2/19/14 at 12:11pmpost #1244 of 50682/19/14 at 12:15pmOMG, never ending discussion about optical out, gimme a break guys, go for Red Wine S-moded AK120 if you need true clean DO and leave us with M alone
seriously, wait for Calyx to tells us when and where we can preorder this M beautypost #1245 of 50682/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
RWAK 120 S has Line Out mate, not digital out.
Btw, I am completely fine with Calyx's decision, I don't think I would carry 2 devices stack with me all the time. However, I was thinking about for this community, I know people would like to get the best out of their hobby as long as their wallets allow them. There are many reasons to add D-O and many reasons to keep it away from M. Both options are fine for me, but it would make hell of a difference to some other people, as well as make M a complete warrior against it's rivals which already has optical out/coax out.
I am waiting for international release + pre order discount, will get one asap I think. What they already did is a big game for me, all those changes (Output impedance, Wifi-SD slot etc etc) are wonderful. That's how you gain potential customers attention.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Can Con 5.0 - Sydney Australia meet (28th June 2015) 9 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 27 seconds ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 (HE-6 Box- Alpha Pads- Jergpads- velour) grill mod... 47 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2