Looks good. Just hope the UI is as user friendly as they claim.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on Today at 5:41 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 11/18/14 at 4:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- LCD 3 with LYR 2? Last post on 10/12/14 at 12:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Poor Man's LCD3? Last post on 10/8/14 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Find an amp for lcd3 and hd800 Last post on 9/30/14 at 11:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 83post #1231 of 45952/18/14 at 11:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 45952/19/14 at 7:57ampost #1233 of 45952/19/14 at 8:04am
Yes you can through the headphone out of M. Calyx claims it will be clean just like having a dedicated line outpost #1234 of 45952/19/14 at 8:21amQuote:
isnt this what the AK series does as well? HO as LO?post #1235 of 45952/19/14 at 8:34ampost #1236 of 45952/19/14 at 8:55ampost #1237 of 45952/19/14 at 8:58am
but the Modded RWAK-120-s (or -b) HAS a dedicated LO (but... no more HO).post #1238 of 45952/19/14 at 9:07amQuote:
Obviously I'm talking about the AKs from iRiver being compared to the M not from RW.post #1239 of 45952/19/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Or... we could get a calyx modded by Vinnie into a ... RWM ?post #1240 of 45952/19/14 at 9:22am
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...post #1241 of 45952/19/14 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...
I won't comment ! I don't want to be definitively banned from Head-Fipost #1242 of 45952/19/14 at 11:56amQuote:
so can I use a chord Hugo? I was told no earlier. Thank you for the responses.post #1243 of 45952/19/14 at 12:07pmQuote:
Does Chord Hugo has a line in? No, so you can't use. Hugo is a DAC/AMP, not only amp.
You can search for these basic info everywhere, no need to ask people. I mean it is not something, it is not something rocket science. Search it first, if you still can't find it, then ask here.
Chord Hugo inputs:
• Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192kHz-capable
• RCA coaxial input 24-bit/384kHz-capable
• Driverless USB input 16-bit/48kHz-capable (designed for tablets/phones)
• HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable (for computer/laptop playback; see driver details below)
EDIT: I also would like to comment on Digital Out topic. We know Calyx decided not to use it, fine. But if they could send HD data from USB (32 bit / 384 KHz, DSD128 capable) I am sure it would increase their sales significantly as well as leaving no box un-checked in our lists and make them even more stronger compared to their rivals. Imagine, audiophiles would go mad: Around 450 gb storage, wonderful UI, connectivity option to Hugo while still performs high SQ as a standalone dap too.
Do I really need both of my kidneys?
Edited by AmberOzL - 2/19/14 at 12:11pmpost #1244 of 45952/19/14 at 12:15pmOMG, never ending discussion about optical out, gimme a break guys, go for Red Wine S-moded AK120 if you need true clean DO and leave us with M alone
seriously, wait for Calyx to tells us when and where we can preorder this M beautypost #1245 of 45952/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
RWAK 120 S has Line Out mate, not digital out.
Btw, I am completely fine with Calyx's decision, I don't think I would carry 2 devices stack with me all the time. However, I was thinking about for this community, I know people would like to get the best out of their hobby as long as their wallets allow them. There are many reasons to add D-O and many reasons to keep it away from M. Both options are fine for me, but it would make hell of a difference to some other people, as well as make M a complete warrior against it's rivals which already has optical out/coax out.
I am waiting for international release + pre order discount, will get one asap I think. What they already did is a big game for me, all those changes (Output impedance, Wifi-SD slot etc etc) are wonderful. That's how you gain potential customers attention.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 seconds ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 - (AU only) 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › = HE-560 Enhancement Mod = 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000 worth the upgrade? 7 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3