Looks good. Just hope the UI is as user friendly as they claim.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [WANTED] HiFiMan HM-901 Last post on 2/10/15 at 8:41am in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Another new Planar magnetic can at CES Last post on 1/8/15 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dampening Modifications to Fostex TH600 Headphones Last post on 12/30/14 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 83post #1231 of 49802/18/14 at 11:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 49802/19/14 at 7:57ampost #1233 of 49802/19/14 at 8:04am
Yes you can through the headphone out of M. Calyx claims it will be clean just like having a dedicated line outpost #1234 of 49802/19/14 at 8:21amQuote:
isnt this what the AK series does as well? HO as LO?post #1235 of 49802/19/14 at 8:34ampost #1236 of 49802/19/14 at 8:55ampost #1237 of 49802/19/14 at 8:58ampost #1238 of 49802/19/14 at 9:07amQuote:
Obviously I'm talking about the AKs from iRiver being compared to the M not from RW.post #1239 of 49802/19/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Or... we could get a calyx modded by Vinnie into a ... RWM ?post #1240 of 49802/19/14 at 9:22am
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...post #1241 of 49802/19/14 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...
I won't comment ! I don't want to be definitively banned from Head-Fipost #1242 of 49802/19/14 at 11:56amQuote:
so can I use a chord Hugo? I was told no earlier. Thank you for the responses.post #1243 of 49802/19/14 at 12:07pmQuote:
Does Chord Hugo has a line in? No, so you can't use. Hugo is a DAC/AMP, not only amp.
You can search for these basic info everywhere, no need to ask people. I mean it is not something, it is not something rocket science. Search it first, if you still can't find it, then ask here.
Chord Hugo inputs:
• Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192kHz-capable
• RCA coaxial input 24-bit/384kHz-capable
• Driverless USB input 16-bit/48kHz-capable (designed for tablets/phones)
• HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable (for computer/laptop playback; see driver details below)
EDIT: I also would like to comment on Digital Out topic. We know Calyx decided not to use it, fine. But if they could send HD data from USB (32 bit / 384 KHz, DSD128 capable) I am sure it would increase their sales significantly as well as leaving no box un-checked in our lists and make them even more stronger compared to their rivals. Imagine, audiophiles would go mad: Around 450 gb storage, wonderful UI, connectivity option to Hugo while still performs high SQ as a standalone dap too.
Do I really need both of my kidneys?
Edited by AmberOzL - 2/19/14 at 12:11pmpost #1244 of 49802/19/14 at 12:15pmOMG, never ending discussion about optical out, gimme a break guys, go for Red Wine S-moded AK120 if you need true clean DO and leave us with M alone
seriously, wait for Calyx to tells us when and where we can preorder this M beautypost #1245 of 49802/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
RWAK 120 S has Line Out mate, not digital out.
Btw, I am completely fine with Calyx's decision, I don't think I would carry 2 devices stack with me all the time. However, I was thinking about for this community, I know people would like to get the best out of their hobby as long as their wallets allow them. There are many reasons to add D-O and many reasons to keep it away from M. Both options are fine for me, but it would make hell of a difference to some other people, as well as make M a complete warrior against it's rivals which already has optical out/coax out.
I am waiting for international release + pre order discount, will get one asap I think. What they already did is a big game for me, all those changes (Output impedance, Wifi-SD slot etc etc) are wonderful. That's how you gain potential customers attention.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 58 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Review 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Sennheiser HD 700 LNIB 2-year warranty (Looking for a decent... 4 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › SilverFi D-2 vs.Oyaide DR-510 Digital cables & SilverFi Spirit SG... 5 minutes ago
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2