Looks good. Just hope the UI is as user friendly as they claim.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HE-560 With 901 DAP - Questions?? Last post on 9/19/14 at 4:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- High-end Headphone Decision Last post on 9/20/14 at 5:14am in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SRS-4170 system vs HD 800 vs LCD3 Last post on 8/29/14 at 6:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 crooked? Is this normal? Last post on 8/27/14 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 3, Edition 10 and more for trade Last post on 8/17/14 at 8:58pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 7/6/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 83post #1231 of 42972/18/14 at 11:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 42972/19/14 at 7:57ampost #1233 of 42972/19/14 at 8:04am
Yes you can through the headphone out of M. Calyx claims it will be clean just like having a dedicated line outpost #1234 of 42972/19/14 at 8:21amQuote:
isnt this what the AK series does as well? HO as LO?post #1235 of 42972/19/14 at 8:34ampost #1236 of 42972/19/14 at 8:55ampost #1237 of 42972/19/14 at 8:58ampost #1238 of 42972/19/14 at 9:07amQuote:
Obviously I'm talking about the AKs from iRiver being compared to the M not from RW.post #1239 of 42972/19/14 at 9:20amQuote:
Or... we could get a calyx modded by Vinnie into a ... RWM ?post #1240 of 42972/19/14 at 9:22am
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...post #1241 of 42972/19/14 at 9:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
That's rather a sore subject in the land of Calyx...
I won't comment ! I don't want to be definitively banned from Head-Fipost #1242 of 42972/19/14 at 11:56amQuote:
so can I use a chord Hugo? I was told no earlier. Thank you for the responses.post #1243 of 42972/19/14 at 12:07pmQuote:
Does Chord Hugo has a line in? No, so you can't use. Hugo is a DAC/AMP, not only amp.
You can search for these basic info everywhere, no need to ask people. I mean it is not something, it is not something rocket science. Search it first, if you still can't find it, then ask here.
Chord Hugo inputs:
• Optical TOSLink 24-bit/192kHz-capable
• RCA coaxial input 24-bit/384kHz-capable
• Driverless USB input 16-bit/48kHz-capable (designed for tablets/phones)
• HD USB input 32-bit/384KHz and DSD128-capable (for computer/laptop playback; see driver details below)
EDIT: I also would like to comment on Digital Out topic. We know Calyx decided not to use it, fine. But if they could send HD data from USB (32 bit / 384 KHz, DSD128 capable) I am sure it would increase their sales significantly as well as leaving no box un-checked in our lists and make them even more stronger compared to their rivals. Imagine, audiophiles would go mad: Around 450 gb storage, wonderful UI, connectivity option to Hugo while still performs high SQ as a standalone dap too.
Do I really need both of my kidneys?
Edited by AmberOzL - 2/19/14 at 12:11pmpost #1244 of 42972/19/14 at 12:15pmOMG, never ending discussion about optical out, gimme a break guys, go for Red Wine S-moded AK120 if you need true clean DO and leave us with M alone
seriously, wait for Calyx to tells us when and where we can preorder this M beautypost #1245 of 42972/19/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
RWAK 120 S has Line Out mate, not digital out.
Btw, I am completely fine with Calyx's decision, I don't think I would carry 2 devices stack with me all the time. However, I was thinking about for this community, I know people would like to get the best out of their hobby as long as their wallets allow them. There are many reasons to add D-O and many reasons to keep it away from M. Both options are fine for me, but it would make hell of a difference to some other people, as well as make M a complete warrior against it's rivals which already has optical out/coax out.
I am waiting for international release + pre order discount, will get one asap I think. What they already did is a big game for me, all those changes (Output impedance, Wifi-SD slot etc etc) are wonderful. That's how you gain potential customers attention.
- $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 15 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 27 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 2 minutes ago
- › PlusSound Cloud9, The portable newcomer first impressions and review 3 minutes ago
- › Ibasso DX90 Headphone Jack problems. 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)