or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage - Page 70

post #1036 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Got a confirmation this am about a promotion for us living outside of Korea. They also mentioned that it was not initially extended because of issues with warranty and shipping. So that's excellent news, Calyx is getting attention and they know it. beerchug.gif

 

OMG........  I LOVE CALYX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :basshead::beerchug:

post #1037 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Got a confirmation this am about a promotion for us living outside of Korea. They also mentioned that it was not initially extended because of issues with warranty and shipping. So that's excellent news, Calyx is getting attention and they know it. beerchug.gif

That's great stuff.... Wallet primed :D

post #1038 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Got a confirmation this am about a promotion for us living outside of Korea. They also mentioned that it was not initially extended because of issues with warranty and shipping. So that's excellent news, Calyx is getting attention and they know it. beerchug.gif

but the question is will the pre order promo be as good as the Korean one smily_headphones1.gif
post #1039 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post
 

That's great stuff.... Wallet primed :D

 

+1, Wallet wide open

post #1040 of 5549

If the sale is same for ouside Korea customer, then it would be very hard to choose from the dx90 and the calyx M.

500usd vs ~750usd:confused_face:

post #1041 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

but the question is will the pre order promo be as good as the Korean one smily_headphones1.gif

Good question, let those guys get the logistic cleared out and I am pretty sure pricing will be announced. They seem to be fair and cognizant of early adopters so I am positive they will work out a deal such that your wallet will be very sorry. wink.gif
post #1042 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post

If the sale is same for ouside Korea customer, then it would be very hard to choose from the dx90 and the calyx M.
500usd vs ~750usd:confused_face:

Agreed with you, you'll have to weight the different functions, pros and cons of each implementation. Don't forget the DX90 is a double dac configuration similarly along the line of the AK240, it's the amp stage that will make it outstanding or a pass, that is if you want a truly portable unit.
post #1043 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Agreed with you, you'll have to weight the different functions, pros and cons of each implementation. Don't forget the DX90 is a double dac configuration similarly along the line of the AK240, it's the amp stage that will make it outstanding or a pass, that is if you want a truly portable unit.

 

To be honest, I'm skeptical at the merits of a dual-dac design. It appears like a gimick that takes advantage of the common consumer perception that more is better.

 

Dual-dac design is complicated. If a single DAC design can reproduce the exact sound as intended, why would you mess it up, make things complicated? It could potentially introduce unforseen issues. 

 

Right now Calyx M looks more appealing than DX90. Unless the dual-dac design and it's amp stage proves to be a huge advantage over M. Otherwise, the storage option, button layout, UI and additional feature is too much for DX90 to handle even at half the price of Calyx M.

post #1044 of 5549
All better dacs have it. Are you saying the iBasso is fully balanced at the output. .?

Al
post #1045 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post

If the sale is same for ouside Korea customer, then it would be very hard to choose from the dx90 and the calyx M.
500usd vs ~750usd:confused_face:

read my lips: Calyx M biggrin.gif

i am afraid iBasso will again skimp on something, i put on sale my DX50 which is excellent for the money but needs amping because iBasso skimped on amp section. sadly my RWAK easily outperformed DX50 and amping DX50 which is larger than RWAK kills the whole portability, plus DX50 was very unrefined as concerns FW and glitches and some people also reported quality issues. i pity iBasso because DX50 is indeed very good sounding but skimping here and there worked against it frown.gif
Edited by Gintaras - 2/13/14 at 10:52am
post #1046 of 5549

If Calyx nails with the M, I might become a big Calyx fan and continue support them in the future too. The evolution of M, their decisions based on feedback from possible customers etc they just play the game correctly, unlike some other fancy brands :rolleyes:

post #1047 of 5549
This is their first DAP? Never heard of them before only about iRiver:) back in 1999.
post #1048 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

This is their first DAP? Never heard of them before only about iRiver:) back in 1999.

ever heard of Bladelius, MBL, Jeff Rowland, Vitus, Magico, Zellaton, Da Vinci, etc...??? i can give you a long list of names you never heard which manufacture some finest audio gear in the world but among them will be no Astell Kern name.
post #1049 of 5549
I heard and own some on your list but the question remains. Have they made any daps before. Or any hi end electronics A little help please .

Al
post #1050 of 5549
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I heard and own some on your list but the question remains. Have they made any daps before. Or any hi end electronics A little help please .

Al


They made high end audio equipment. Haven't you heard Femto? Check it out. Calyx says if you like Femto, M would suit you.

 

Edit: Yes, this is their first digital audio player. At the beginning (you can also check in the beginning of the thread) I had my doubts and they were still there, until they listened to us and changed the product. With all those evolution, I can guess, they won't live the stress of releasing first dap into the market.


Edited by AmberOzL - 2/13/14 at 12:03pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage