or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014 - Page 7  

post #91 of 324
I have a Schiit Magni/Modi stack paired with AKG K712 PRO headphones if anyone would be interested in that I might be able to come down.
post #92 of 324

Love to have have . Please do come down and enjoy the meet.

post #93 of 324

Oppo will be one of the sponsor of the Capitol Audiofest and Can Mania this year.  Exciting stuff!!!!

post #94 of 324

Along with my DX50, I can bring my new Philips Fidelio X1s if any one is interested.

 

And I sold my Beyer DT770s so those can be removed from my bring list.


Edited by Koteric - 5/8/14 at 2:33am
post #95 of 324
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahahigh View Post
 

I will definitely be there! Looking forward to meeting all of you guys.

 

Same here!  :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KefkaticFanatic View Post
 

While I'm flattered you gave me partial table space, I don't think I'll be needing it.  I'm just going to bring probably one pair of headphones and portable source, so someone else can much better utilize the space :P  I would likely be walking around with my stuff anyway since I was hoping to try my 595s with some nicer equipment than the base level Schiit stack I already have.

 

So thanks, but please leave that space open for someone else that will bring some other amazing gear!

 

Lol, are you sure?  Trust me when I say that it's nice to have a place just to sit down at some point during the day.

 

At my first meet, I thought I wouldn't need any space as I was just bringing a few cans.  Lemme tell ya, just having a place to put them down so that others could listen - while I checked out other rigs - definitely helped.  Plus, people with sparse tables are often some of the coolest places to hang out, because we all whip out our portable rigs for an ad hoc meet within a meet.

 

If you still want to give up the space, just lemme know.  But honestly, we've got plenty of space.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboose View Post

I have a Schiit Magni/Modi stack paired with AKG K712 PRO headphones if anyone would be interested in that I might be able to come down.

 

Sure!  Trust me, all rigs are welcome.  And plus, it's looking doubtful that Schiit will be able to join us this time as they have a crazy production schedule to meet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koteric View Post
 

Along with my DX50, I can bring my new Philips Fidelio X1s if any one is interested.

 

And I sold my Beyer DT770s so those can be removed from my bring list.

 

Actually, I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I don't think I've ever had a solid Fidelio X1 audition... at least not in a decently quiet environment.  Congrats on the Fidelio BTW!


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #96 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post
 

 

 

Actually, I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but I don't think I've ever had a solid Fidelio X1 audition... at least not in a decently quiet environment.  Congrats on the Fidelio BTW!

 

Well you are welcome to try them in July :).  They sound awesome.  Well worth the purchase.

post #97 of 324

Would I be able to get a ride from Metro Station to the area?

 

It seems it will be at the Sheraton.

 

If anybody will be in the area, let me know.

 

 

Nevermind, there is a subway from Metro Station to right next to the hotel


Edited by bowei006 - 5/9/14 at 12:15pm
post #98 of 324
Thread Starter 

Wow, you just did like a whole mini-thread by yourself right there...lol!  :D


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #99 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Would I be able to get a ride from Metro Station to the area?

 

It seems it will be at the Sheraton.

 

If anybody will be in the area, let me know.

 

 

Nevermind, there is a subway from Metro Station to right next to the hotel

Cool Bowei- you got it convered

post #100 of 324

Panda starts....and ends conversations by himself.

 

post #101 of 324
Thread Starter 

You da Man-da, Panda.


Home of the Liquid Carbon, Liquid Crimson, Liquid Glass, Liquid Gold and
Liquid Lightning headphone amplifiers... and the upcoming Liquid Spark!

post #102 of 324
Just found this thread. I would love to come if I have that weekend free. Would be awesome to hear some nice rigs biggrin.gif

While I'm at it. I live in Stafford, which is in Northern Virginia 30 MI South of DC. Does anybody one know of a shop in the DC area that caters to Audiophiles? I'd love to get some new gear, but would love to test out some cans, IEMs, and DAPs before buying. Things like a the iPad so DX90 or something.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
post #103 of 324

Ehhh alright you convinced me... :P

 

Maybe I'll just end up bringing Magni/Modi so I can do so A/B with other amps cause I'm kinda curious how like the Vali and others would sound in a direct comparison.

post #104 of 324

I'd love to audition anything on the following list at the show--how do we make it happen?

 

Auralic Taurus mkII

Pathos Aurium

Violectric V-281

Audio-GD Master 9

Cavalli Liquid Glass

 

Chord Hugo

post #105 of 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
 

I'd love to audition anything on the following list at the show--how do we make it happen?

 

Auralic Taurus mkII

Pathos Aurium

Violectric V-281

Audio-GD Master 9

Cavalli Liquid Glass

 

Chord Hugo

 

I should be getting a Hugo soon, but unfortunately wont be able to make it to capital audio fest :(

BTW I put up an interest check up for a DC Area meet for May or June

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @ Capital Audio Fest (CAF) 2014