Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics - Page 65

post #961 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Honestly, I'll pass on these. LPS it is then.

 



They will not quit until they've sucked your wallet bone dry!
post #962 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Honestly, I'll pass on these. LPS it is then.

 



They will not quit until they've sucked your wallet bone dry!
It's a good marketing tool, but I'm not in the market for it.

Yes, our device does 24/192, BUT the standard cable doesn't do it justice. Therefore we can offer you this specially-designed cable.
post #963 of 3917
In fairness I think they said that cable was for systems over $50k, which for me, personally, makes my eyebrows explode.
post #964 of 3917
@ LPS
Why is the LPS's scheduled shipment date in May 2014 with the holiday payment option (3 payments, $299 total), but June 2014 with the normal, single payment option?
Is this a typo, or is this done on purpose?
Edited by miceblue - 12/27/13 at 1:43am
post #965 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

@ LPS
Why is the LPS's scheduled shipment date in May 2014 with the holiday payment option (3 payments, $299 total), but June 2014 with the normal, single payment option?
Is this a typo, or is this done on purpose?

Sorry this is a mistake. We will synchronize all shipping of LPS in one batch. Now schedule at May 2014.

post #966 of 3917
hi, how choose whether we want refund or amp upgrade for 88 dollar perk?
post #967 of 3917

charlie there's going to be a post indiegogo survey sent out I think.  once the indiegogo campaign ends.  and then larry ho will parachute onto the roof of your house and hand solder the amp on your dining room table.  one of these things is true

post #968 of 3917
How tall is Larry? I don't know if my table can handle it.
post #969 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post
 
I'm also planning on using this with my Audeze LCD-2's. I currently use a Burson Conductor, but I want to get a 2nd amp for my computer with the Burson being my main listening amp. I am also curious to know if the Pulse will power the LCD-2's sufficiently as I don't recall the power output every being discussed in this thread.

I was watching the video and looked on the indiegogo website and it will have a 3 watt  headphone amp. Are you aware if that mean 3 watts per-channel or for both?

post #970 of 3917

Hey guys, I just got the holiday geek pulse special and I have one quick question. Which of the perks would give me the biggest upgrade? Femto clock, or Geek pulse S. Or is it worth it to upgrade both? I don't have a balanced system so X is out of the question and I'm not interested in LPS.

post #971 of 3917

I'm too lazy to find the post for you but larry basically said these are the improvements from the upgrades in order of biggest change to smallest

Geek Pulse X/S

Femto

LPS

Active components

Passive components

 

but my friend who is an amateur amp/dac designer suggested the LPS will make a bigger difference than anything else in a system that is otherwise well designed.. so there you go.. two opinions.  Also my opinion is that if you can afford the S you may as well get the X, it contains BOTH types of ports and is only 20 bux more.. that way if you upgrade other stuff in the future you can use the xlr ports

post #972 of 3917

LPS shipping date estimate of May. Pulse Xfae shipping estimate of June. Oh how they love to tease me. ;)

post #973 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post
 

I'm too lazy to find the post for you but larry basically said these are the improvements from the upgrades in order of biggest change to smallest

Geek Pulse X/S

Femto

LPS

Active components

Passive components

 

but my friend who is an amateur amp/dac designer suggested the LPS will make a bigger difference than anything else in a system that is otherwise well designed.. so there you go.. two opinions.  Also my opinion is that if you can afford the S you may as well get the X, it contains BOTH types of ports and is only 20 bux more.. that way if you upgrade other stuff in the future you can use the xlr ports

 

Wait so does the geek pulse x have all the same inputs and outputs as the S?

post #974 of 3917
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarko View Post

That's cool, some good deals on cables, although that USB one for $699 makes my eyebrows raise right off of my head


And the sound quality coming from that $699 USB cable will singe the hairs as they come off too!  :L3000:

post #975 of 3917

Here's what the plain geek pulse and the S have:

Inputs:

coax spdif

coax spidf #2

optical toslink

usb

outputs: 

rca out on back

1/4" headphone out on front

optical toslink on back

 

the X has:

Inputs:

coax spdif

aes/ebu

optical toslink

usb

outputs:

rca out on back

dual 3 pin xlr on back

1/4" headphone out on front

4 pin XLR out on front

optical toslink on back

 

so if you get the X you can still use your single ended equipment but you also have the option of using balanced xlr equipment in the future..  I'm pretty sure that's right, maybe someone else can verify my listing of ports


Edited by uncola - 12/27/13 at 9:52am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics