Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics - Page 21

post #301 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
 

The stretch goals have changed now. 

How have they changed?  I thought that's what they already were.

post #302 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi View Post
 

How have they changed?  I thought that's what they already were.

used to be anti vibration feet and power supply for the top 2 stretch goals

post #303 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post
 

used to be anti vibration feet and power supply for the top 2 stretch goals

Not power supply but a battery pack...

 

Still, a second year warranty is nice...but I don't feel it should be something that merits to be on a stretch goal.. If you feel confident in that your product will work good for at least two years.. then you just do it and don't ask more money for it.

 

I was really looking forward for the usb cable, and like the spdif out idea... but I'm not super excited to get a second yr warranty. Shouldn't it be something one is looking forward to?

post #304 of 1990
Thread Starter 

I need my battery pack back!  Please.....

 

post #305 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliwankenobi View Post
 

Not power supply but a battery pack...

 

Still, a second year warranty is nice...but I don't feel it should be something that merits to be on a stretch goal.. If you feel confident in that your product will work good for at least two years.. then you just do it and don't ask more money for it.

 

I was really looking forward for the usb cable, and like the spdif out idea... but I'm not super excited to get a second yr warranty. Shouldn't it be something one is looking forward to?

+1. I don't think an additional year warranty is worth adding as a stretch goal. SPDIF and battery pack, please.

post #306 of 1990
I think they will offer the battery pack as an option, therefore its removed and since ppl who ordered the geek pulse will likel to buy it, they will increase the raising money
post #307 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank2908 View Post

I think they will offer the battery pack as an option, therefore its removed and since ppl who ordered the geek pulse will likel to buy it, they will increase the raising money

 

Hi, we remove that because there are a lot of people need 'linear power supply' rather than battery pack.

And we are finalizing the linear power supply part as a good option which could provide the DC power with

noise feature lower than SLA battery.  ;-)

 

Stay tuned.

 

Larry

post #308 of 1990
Larry

Why not have the power supply as a bigger stretch goal?
post #309 of 1990
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ho View Post

Hi, we remove that because there are a lot of people need 'linear power supply' rather than battery pack.
And we are finalizing the linear power supply part as a good option which could provide the DC power with
noise feature lower than SLA battery.  ;-)

Stay tuned.

Larry
Hi Larry,
If you can make the linear power supply unit small enough, can you make a switch for 5 vdc and an optional cable for thegeek out? That woud make a killer transportable system too.
post #310 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank2908 View Post

H
Hi Larry,
If you can make the linear power supply unit small enough, can you make a switch for 5 vdc and an optional cable for thegeek out? That woud make a killer transportable system too.

 

Great idea. Why not?   Maybe I could leave a 5V power-only output connector in the front and 12V DC in the back. Let them both have power on the same time.

 

The cost will somehow higher, but you are right. It will help Geek Out users! 

 

Let me think and plan more, but the possibility is 90% here.  ;-)

 

 

Larry

post #311 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ho View Post
 

 

Hi, we remove that because there are a lot of people need 'linear power supply' rather than battery pack.

And we are finalizing the linear power supply part as a good option which could provide the DC power with

noise feature lower than SLA battery.  ;-)

 

Stay tuned.

 

Larry


I like the idea of a LPS!  Hopefully, it will be competitively priced.  What's the amperage rating for the 12V power  on the Pulse?


Edited by germay0653 - 11/20/13 at 7:23pm
post #312 of 1990

What would people be using the digital out for?

post #313 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclaz View Post
 

What would people be using the digital out for?

Beats me... i think they should raise it to 1,000,000 :normal_smile :  

post #314 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by dclaz View Post
 

What would people be using the digital out for?


For a transport/usb-spdif convertor 

You could use the Pulse to use either with an existing DAC that has no or poor USB implementation, or future proof a little and relegate the Pulse to transport duties if you purchase an upper level dac which needs better usb. 

post #315 of 1990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo Animal View Post
 


For a transport/usb-spdif convertor 

You could use the Pulse to use either with an existing DAC that has no or poor USB implementation, or future proof a little and relegate the Pulse to transport duties if you purchase an upper level dac which needs better usb. 

rightio, makes sense.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics