Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics - Page 3

post #31 of 3603

If the 3D soundstage processing is done right it sounds interesting indeed.

Maybe it's similar as iFi iCAN.

Some headphones/music really benefit from this type of thing and for others it can mess up fidelity.

post #32 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
 

If the 3D soundstage processing is done right it sounds interesting indeed.

Maybe it's similar as iFi iCAN.

Some headphones/music really benefit from this type of thing and for others it can mess up fidelity.

iCAN's soundstage enhancement is analogue, while this will be DSP. I'm hoping it will be like a mini Smyth Realiser, obviously without the ability to create your own profiles and the head tracking gimmick.

post #33 of 3603

It looks good.  I'm probably not going to get it since I ordered a super geek on the kickstarter.

post #34 of 3603

Wow, not even 9 hours past going live and they're already over $56k and well past the $38k goal.  And this thing is open 'til December 20th, so plenty of time to go well beyond that.

 

Here's hoping some Geek Out samples go out before then (since Gekk Out is due in January) and get rave reviews.

 

I decided to go in on this one as well.  I got in on the Geek Out at $119... worth case, I can probably sell for more than I paid in the end.

post #35 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodge827 View Post
 

Anyone know the voltage input needed to power the Pulse?

 

DC?    AC ?   Amount of voltage?

 

Couldn't find it in any of the details.

 

Chris

It takes DC from a switching power supply.  Some specs might not be set yet, as they are taking suggestions from backers for additional or different features.

post #36 of 3603

3W @ 8 ohms? 3W @ 50 ohms? What are the power specs? Definitely interested, thanks!

post #37 of 3603

Any body here notice the 3 buttons in the front?

I hope their is a switch for low-high gain.

post #38 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachhead1 View Post
 

It looks good.  I'm probably not going to get it since I ordered a super geek on the kickstarter.

I also ordered the Super Geek.

But I still order the Geek Pulse. At 200usd, it's hard to beat, it has more power than the Schiit Magni and Asgard 2. Half power of the Lyr, there times more powe than the Geek Out. That will make me happy for a while until the next upgrade, and I still can use it as a dac.

Besides, the size is smaller than the Magni & Modi combo.


Edited by vincent215 - 10/29/13 at 9:54am
post #39 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent215 View Post
 

Any body here notice the 3 buttons in the front?

I hope their is a switch for low-high gain.


power, volume up down i believe

post #40 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
 

3W @ 8 ohms? 3W @ 50 ohms? What are the power specs? Definitely interested, thanks!

Keep tabs on the Indiegogo page.  That is where all specs are as they come out or change.  For the GEEK they reported power into 16ohms.  Possible they are doing that again.

post #41 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


power, volume up down i believe

Power is on the back.  Probably the "awesomifier" button.

post #42 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywillin View Post
 


power, volume up down i believe

I hope he make some change in desgin to have low/high gain switch 

post #43 of 3603

There isn't that much info yet but this is what it currently says:

 

Analog Outputs Line Out: Single-ended, gold plated RCA
Output Impedance: 47 Ohm
Output Voltage: 4Vrms fixed

Headphone: 1/4" stereo jack
Output Impedance: 0.47 Ohm
Output Voltage: 7Vrms max variable

 

So if the output is 3W for headphones then that implies that it's at 0.47 Ohm.  Obviously wait for firm confirmation from them, as they are responding to feedback in the comments already to inform the design so it clearly hasn't been finalised yet.  I expect that aspect of it is closer to being set in stone than other parts due to their experience with the Geek Out, but it's early days yet.

post #44 of 3603

Does this consider cheating :)?

post #45 of 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by FragmentedGod View Post
 

There isn't that much info yet but this is what it currently says:

 

Analog Outputs Line Out: Single-ended, gold plated RCA
Output Impedance: 47 Ohm
Output Voltage: 4Vrms fixed

Headphone: 1/4" stereo jack
Output Impedance: 0.47 Ohm
Output Voltage: 7Vrms max variable

 

So if the output is 3W for headphones then that implies that it's at 0.47 Ohm.  Obviously wait for firm confirmation from them, as they are responding to feedback in the comments already to inform the design so it clearly hasn't been finalised yet.  I expect that aspect of it is closer to being set in stone than other parts due to their experience with the Geek Out, but it's early days yet.

Power isn't spec'd on the output impedance.  It is listed into a specific load like 4 or 8 ohm for speaker amps, and anything above that for headphones.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics