- 1,763 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for Alpha Prime Last post on 6/3/15 at 4:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? Last post on 6/26/15 at 9:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO Last post on 7/22/15 at 7:36am in Dedicated Source Components
- Gryphon Kalliope - First impressions Last post on 10/15/14 at 4:43am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Am I the only one that thinks the usb ports on the LPS on the front is a bad idea? I mean I'm just imagining the wire sticking out and bending backwards to plug into the behind of the Pulse ....
Edit: Forgot to mention that the this Da Vinci V model looks incredible :D
Edited by Drsparis - 12/30/13 at 7:42am
The USB ports are being moved to the back of the LPS. Source: Geek Temple
Gives a really good feeling that things are moving! I like the plain metal on the great photo-mock-ups! All metal looks great! Spend my money on parts instead of color!
I vote as well for a separate input-push-button on front. Anyway I personally turn down the volume when i switch input, but "mute" or something like it would make more sense on the volume-push-knob for me. I am skeptical about the idea of double use the volume as an input switcher too. For me those are two separate things. A highly integrated interface is maybe on the long run a bit too much to learn.
Somebody some information where the decent on/off-switch and the gain-adjust for the headphones is?
How about two more leds on the front that lid up when "bypass" is active or mute is set - would make it 10 for the volume - to give some lowest/highest-bit-crunch feeling!
Would be nice to have more of the geekforce-stuff with read-rights to everybody.
Edited by LucasB - 12/30/13 at 12:39pm
Mmm this one. I like it alot. There is something about this retro-hitech 1990 design.
The other silver one was good aswell.
Lets just hope LH do not put the Geek logo on the final design, that one I do not like
Forgot about that one.
Back in the Geek Force forum. They were talking about LEDs around the volume knob as Volume indicators.
Here is one design by Vitto.
Edited by m-i-c-k-e-y - 12/30/13 at 2:25pm
I like that black design by vitto a lot. I like how nothing is vertically stacked on it. I think that will make it easier to mount all the leds to the PCB won't it? When they are veritcally stacked, usually they have to run a wire to the led. The pro input source button committee seems to have given up, looks like we're getting a push-in volume knob to change source. oh well I guess if it's implemented well it might be ok
Edited by uncola - 12/30/13 at 2:36pm
Looks really good, even I would like it more in plain metal (aluminum?).
All money on good parts - that is my vote!
Am I the only one who might get confused in 2 or 3 years to remember if double-click or single-click on the volume-button was input-switching or 3D? I am sure we will all know when we get the device, but seriously this is too clean to understand!
1+ for a separate input-source-select button! Come on, this means 1 pushbutton more on the pcb for less confusion.
Edited by LucasB - 12/30/13 at 4:49pm
- Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 12 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 12 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 29 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3