- 1,830 Posts. Joined 11/2013
- Location: USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for Alpha Prime Last post on 8/10/15 at 11:35am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment Last post on 12/26/14 at 4:34pm in High-end Audio Forum
- DAC/amps with independent headphone and analog output levels? Last post on 6/26/15 at 9:06am in Dedicated Source Components
- iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO Last post on 8/24/15 at 10:58pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Gryphon Kalliope - First impressions Last post on 10/15/14 at 4:43am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics - Page 68
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Am I the only one that thinks the usb ports on the LPS on the front is a bad idea? I mean I'm just imagining the wire sticking out and bending backwards to plug into the behind of the Pulse ....
Edit: Forgot to mention that the this Da Vinci V model looks incredible :D
Edited by Drsparis - 12/30/13 at 7:42am
The USB ports are being moved to the back of the LPS. Source: Geek Temple
Gives a really good feeling that things are moving! I like the plain metal on the great photo-mock-ups! All metal looks great! Spend my money on parts instead of color!
I vote as well for a separate input-push-button on front. Anyway I personally turn down the volume when i switch input, but "mute" or something like it would make more sense on the volume-push-knob for me. I am skeptical about the idea of double use the volume as an input switcher too. For me those are two separate things. A highly integrated interface is maybe on the long run a bit too much to learn.
Somebody some information where the decent on/off-switch and the gain-adjust for the headphones is?
How about two more leds on the front that lid up when "bypass" is active or mute is set - would make it 10 for the volume - to give some lowest/highest-bit-crunch feeling!
Would be nice to have more of the geekforce-stuff with read-rights to everybody.
Edited by LucasB - 12/30/13 at 12:39pm
Mmm this one. I like it alot. There is something about this retro-hitech 1990 design.
The other silver one was good aswell.
Lets just hope LH do not put the Geek logo on the final design, that one I do not like
Forgot about that one.
Back in the Geek Force forum. They were talking about LEDs around the volume knob as Volume indicators.
Here is one design by Vitto.
Edited by m-i-c-k-e-y - 12/30/13 at 2:25pm
I like that black design by vitto a lot. I like how nothing is vertically stacked on it. I think that will make it easier to mount all the leds to the PCB won't it? When they are veritcally stacked, usually they have to run a wire to the led. The pro input source button committee seems to have given up, looks like we're getting a push-in volume knob to change source. oh well I guess if it's implemented well it might be ok
Edited by uncola - 12/30/13 at 2:36pm
Looks really good, even I would like it more in plain metal (aluminum?).
All money on good parts - that is my vote!
Am I the only one who might get confused in 2 or 3 years to remember if double-click or single-click on the volume-button was input-switching or 3D? I am sure we will all know when we get the device, but seriously this is too clean to understand!
1+ for a separate input-source-select button! Come on, this means 1 pushbutton more on the pcb for less confusion.
Edited by LucasB - 12/30/13 at 4:49pm
- Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 1 minute ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 1 minute ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 1 minute ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 630VB Review - First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Have you ever had to deal with someone like this on the forum 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2