As the title says, the clamping force on them aren't as strong as most of the reviews have pointed out. They tend to fall off my head when I tilt back slightly. Anyone have any ideas on how to tighten them or perhaps a mod? I've tried bending them in and it helped a little. Perhaps its just the size of my head?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for gym use Last post on Yesterday at 3:49 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Combination of ATH-M50 with Fiio E07K? Last post on 9/19/14 at 1:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- How to spot a fake Audio Technica M50 Last post on 9/17/14 at 10:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Good All Around for Cubicle around 100? Last post on 9/16/14 at 6:01pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-M50 vs ATH-M50X Last post on 9/12/14 at 7:40pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could try stuffing foam or scrunched-up tissues between the earpads and baffle to make the ear pads thicker and stick out more - this should increase the clamping force, although it may change the sound a little.
First try stuffing the part of the cups that sits behind your ear first. If that's not enough, then stuff them all the way round.
Also sometimes you can achieve a better fit by using the headband on a smaller setting, which is often counter-intuitive at first.
Edited by GREQ - 10/28/13 at 2:52am
I actually have my headband on the smallest setting already 3: but, I never tried stuffing it only behind the ear, I have all around but I don't think it really helped. Just behind the ear I'd imagine it would lift the back side and stop it from sliding or something like that? I'll try it, thanks!
Edit: Worked quite well I think.
Edited by Auronio - 10/28/13 at 9:13pm
- Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Havi B3 Pro 1 2 minutes ago
- › Stefan Audio Art Umbilical Cord for Eddie Current Balancing Act 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 3 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 7 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)