As the title says, the clamping force on them aren't as strong as most of the reviews have pointed out. They tend to fall off my head when I tilt back slightly. Anyone have any ideas on how to tighten them or perhaps a mod? I've tried bending them in and it helped a little. Perhaps its just the size of my head?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 2/12/15 at 6:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: Somic MM163 versus Audio-Technica M50 Last post on 2/6/15 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could try stuffing foam or scrunched-up tissues between the earpads and baffle to make the ear pads thicker and stick out more - this should increase the clamping force, although it may change the sound a little.
First try stuffing the part of the cups that sits behind your ear first. If that's not enough, then stuff them all the way round.
Also sometimes you can achieve a better fit by using the headband on a smaller setting, which is often counter-intuitive at first.
Edited by GREQ - 10/28/13 at 2:52am
I actually have my headband on the smallest setting already 3: but, I never tried stuffing it only behind the ear, I have all around but I don't think it really helped. Just behind the ear I'd imagine it would lift the back side and stop it from sliding or something like that? I'll try it, thanks!
Edit: Worked quite well I think.
Edited by Auronio - 10/28/13 at 9:13pm
- Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 9 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 20 seconds ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 31 seconds ago
- › Best Audio Converter Needed 33 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 36 seconds ago
- › Upcoming Beyerdynamic Headphones - Custom One Tesla, Custom One... 49 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3