As the title says, the clamping force on them aren't as strong as most of the reviews have pointed out. They tend to fall off my head when I tilt back slightly. Anyone have any ideas on how to tighten them or perhaps a mod? I've tried bending them in and it helped a little. Perhaps its just the size of my head?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shootout - Entry to Mid-range Full Size Cans - Feat. ATH-M50, HD 558, and HE-400 Last post on 2/23/15 at 7:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M-50 vs. Onkyo ES FC-300 vs KRK KNS 8400 Last post on 2/15/15 at 7:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need cheap bluetooth recommendations Last post on 3/13/15 at 8:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comparison: Somic MM163 versus Audio-Technica M50 Last post on 2/6/15 at 1:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could try stuffing foam or scrunched-up tissues between the earpads and baffle to make the ear pads thicker and stick out more - this should increase the clamping force, although it may change the sound a little.
First try stuffing the part of the cups that sits behind your ear first. If that's not enough, then stuff them all the way round.
Also sometimes you can achieve a better fit by using the headband on a smaller setting, which is often counter-intuitive at first.
Edited by GREQ - 10/28/13 at 2:52am
I actually have my headband on the smallest setting already 3: but, I never tried stuffing it only behind the ear, I have all around but I don't think it really helped. Just behind the ear I'd imagine it would lift the back side and stop it from sliding or something like that? I'll try it, thanks!
Edit: Worked quite well I think.
Edited by Auronio - 10/28/13 at 9:13pm
- Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71s take on the ATH-SPORT2 iem Page... 53 seconds ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 1 minute ago
- › New Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Starting from scratch - New DAP and Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2