As the title says, the clamping force on them aren't as strong as most of the reviews have pointed out. They tend to fall off my head when I tilt back slightly. Anyone have any ideas on how to tighten them or perhaps a mod? I've tried bending them in and it helped a little. Perhaps its just the size of my head?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 10/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- Do I need a DAC? Last post on Yesterday at 2:34 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DAP setup best matched with M50 Last post on 1/26/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) Last post on 1/20/15 at 2:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which ATH M50 to get ? Last post on 12/26/14 at 1:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
The Sony MDR-EX1000 is truly a legendary IEM but in a world of its own. Not even the latest XBA, or XBA hybrid Z series could rival its intimidating large single-dynamic driver setup. (my EX1000...
I had the opportunity to listen to this at length against some other similar priced gears. After pairing my device, it magically struck me WOW! As I tried a number of music tracks , it...
I managed to try this MDR-Ma900 against others in the same shop. The comfort and ergonomics of this Sony are very good. Initially, I was pleasantly surprised how nice it sounded. But...
I tried this twice with different devices. It sounds pretty good with big bass sounds and probably suit a lot of youngsters today. Many very young people that I know prefer Beats or something...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could try stuffing foam or scrunched-up tissues between the earpads and baffle to make the ear pads thicker and stick out more - this should increase the clamping force, although it may change the sound a little.
First try stuffing the part of the cups that sits behind your ear first. If that's not enough, then stuff them all the way round.
Also sometimes you can achieve a better fit by using the headband on a smaller setting, which is often counter-intuitive at first.
Edited by GREQ - 10/28/13 at 2:52am
I actually have my headband on the smallest setting already 3: but, I never tried stuffing it only behind the ear, I have all around but I don't think it really helped. Just behind the ear I'd imagine it would lift the back side and stop it from sliding or something like that? I'll try it, thanks!
Edit: Worked quite well I think.
Edited by Auronio - 10/28/13 at 9:13pm
- Help~ The clamping force on my headphones (ATH-M50s) isn't as strong as I'd like.
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 27 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 31 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 34 seconds ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 44 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 53 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 54 seconds ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 59 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 1 minute ago
- › Got an X-Fi Elite Pro for $28...old but still better than the Sound... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by stuartfang
- › Parrot Zik 2.0, the world's most advanced headphones -... by johnKenneth
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by johnKenneth
- › Xtreme Xplosives On Ear by johnKenneth
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3