Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed). - Page 3

post #31 of 94

Has anyone tried this with a 3.5mm connector? I am really wanting to make a cable to go with my 5s and iPad Air.

post #32 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermafia View Post
 

Fun fact, on a conference call with Apple they let me know that using 30 pin docks of the DIY variety (the kind you see on Qables, and all over the stores of various fine entrepreneurs) is unauthorized and anyone that does this owes them royalties.  Of course this would go quadruple for Lightning connectors, Apple's new golden goose.  So for all things LOD, if it uses an Apple part on one end, best not to publicize that you are doing this for money.  

 

That is, unless you are a MFi Developer or MFi Manufacturer.

They have to put those billions to use somehow I suppose. Why not do with lame royalty issues.

post #33 of 94

wow. this cool stuff.

i has ever meet people who can make this lightning cable. but, can anyone can show me where trusted online shop can sell the lighting cable or sell the component for DIY lighting cable?

cause i'm interested to make by my self.

post #34 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post
 

Expat, thanks for the mention. I just stumbled on this thread following your link from the M8 thread. Better late than never to the party. Here's the latest version:

 

Do you sell these on the forum or on a website? I'm looking for a lightning to USB for an iphone 5 to HiFi M8.

post #35 of 94
Hi, anyone know if there is a lighting or the 30pin to the smaller USB for Fiio E07K? Thanks.
post #36 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySaville View Post
 

Do you sell these on the forum or on a website? I'm looking for a lightning to USB for an iphone 5 to HiFi M8.

 

I don't "sell" them, but I've made some for members here as a favor. 

 

To add to the list of lightning connectors, here's a couple with the mini USB end I made for a CypherLabs Theorem 720 and Solo-db. They require a slightly different internal wiring than regular USB because the CL gear uses the same port for USB DAC and i-device inputs. They two need to be wired different so the CL gear "sees" which device it's connected to. Also, the Theorem has a bit longer cable section.

 

CL Solo-db:

Theorem:

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeedzii View Post

Hi, anyone know if there is a lighting or the 30pin to the smaller USB for Fiio E07K? Thanks.

 

I don't think the Fiio is Apple certified? So it won't decode the signal from the Apple device. Correct me if I'm wrong. The mini USB may fit in the port but it won't work. 

post #37 of 94
Thread Starter 
Ask in the cck thread in the portable source section - maybe ipod-cck- usb- fiio might work.
post #38 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post
 

 

I don't "sell" them, but I've made some for members here as a favor. 

 

To add to the list of lightning connectors, here's a couple with the mini USB end I made for a CypherLabs Theorem 720 and Solo-db. They require a slightly different internal wiring than regular USB because the CL gear uses the same port for USB DAC and i-device inputs. They two need to be wired different so the CL gear "sees" which device it's connected to. Also, the Theorem has a bit longer cable section.

 

CL Solo-db:

Theorem:

 

 

 

 

I don't think the Fiio is Apple certified? So it won't decode the signal from the Apple device. Correct me if I'm wrong. The mini USB may fit in the port but it won't work. 

hai. regard from me.

how much did you sell this for /piece?

i want to learn how diyer this from you. can i learn from you? :-)

thanks you.

post #39 of 94
Some quick pics of my lightning cable and balanced interconnect from thegrobe (who is awesome to deal with).



post #40 of 94

I've been pretty frustrated with the lack of what i call "native" DAC/Amp/charging options through the lightning cable (http://www.head-fi.org/t/705955/idevice-lightning-charging-dac-amps), and it occurred to me to search for "custom lightning cables", and I came across this post...

 

My question:  Would it be possible to diy a cable lightning cable that splits into a "Y"....one cable for charging the idevice, and one that carries the digital audio signal?  And then plug the Apple CCK to the digital audio signal, so you could run it to the DAC of your choice, rather than having to deal with the price (and limited options) of the MFI program?

 

Just a thought?

 

Thanks!

post #41 of 94

@portal2poe:

A cck and usb hub will let you circumnavigate that issue. You can even use a powered hub to prevent draining your battery. As far as I know there's now way to charge your idevice and use a non certified dac with this method.

post #42 of 94

Yeah, I figured...but never hurts to ask, u' know?  So you're saying...you can use the cck to send the digital signal to a DAC of your choosing, but then you don't get charging of the lightning-iDevice...but if you want charging AND a DAC, the DAC must be MFI (apple tax) approved, and you gotta pick one from the list in my post. (http://www.head-fi.org/t/705955/idevice-lightning-charging-dac-amps).   Those evil apple beestards!

post #43 of 94

Pretty much :wink_face:

post #44 of 94
Just received my Lightning to USB cable for use with my Touch and M8, from The Grobe. I wanted a longer cable as the OCD freak in me wanted the lightning port to be at the headphone out and volume end of the M8, but I didn't want to have to keep faffing around with the long Apple cable.

Craig has done an absolutely spot on job for me with this, quick turnaround and prompt shipping...here's some pics of the result:





post #45 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

Just received my Lightning to USB cable for use with my Touch and M8, from The Grobe. I wanted a longer cable as the OCD freak in me wanted the lightning port to be at the headphone out and volume end of the M8, but I didn't want to have to keep faffing around with the long Apple cable.

Craig has done an absolutely spot on job for me with this, quick turnaround and prompt shipping...here's some pics of the result:






Jason, I'm really happy to see that worked out so well. When I receive my next M8 (hopefully soon!) I'm going to build myself a cable like that to flip the touch around. Great idea!

For anyone else interested in a cable for M8 or Cypher Labs gear, I've got parts on hand to build a few more custom cables. Due to forum rules, I'm only allowed to ask for parts/postage on DIY stuff, so they're also the bargain of the century!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed).