Little Dot MK IV SE (220V) Tube Headphone Amp/Preamp (EU Sale = No Customs)
Will Ship To: EU
For sale, my secondary (actually my father's) Little Dot MK IV SE. The unit was bought in 2011 and is in excellent condition, pretty much mint basically, 9/10. It's seen fairly light use, mostly as a preamp (excellent as a pre!), so it's not one of those units which have had hundred of tubes rolled on them, with loose sockets like a cheap wh... Well, you get the idea lol...
The amplifier comes with its original package, manual and RCA cable, and either a French or UK power cord, depending on your needs.
Price depends on your tube options, basically. I sold the stock EH 6H30Pi power tubes a long time ago, and have been using Russian mil-spec 6N30P-DR (rare, expensive & heavenly!), which I warmly recommend getting, since they take the amp to a whole other level.
I actually have two more classifieds for Little Dot tubes: here http://www.head-fi.org/t/654419/supertubes-matched-nos-6n30p-dr-free-worlwide-shipping , and here http://www.head-fi.org/t/671097/little-dot-driver-tubes-ef95-ef92-ef91-more , where you can find tons of compatible tubes to roll, as per the tube rolling thread.
A few examples of what you could get and corresponding prices (for reference, shipped from China, a new MK IV SE costs $470 or $360 without tubes and ~25-30% customs 1/2 of the time...):
- Amplifier + stock driver tubes (Mullard M8100, excellent tubes) - no power tubes => 250€
- Amplifier + stock driver tubes + a pair of NOS 6N30P-DR (worth 200€ alone) => 400€
- Amplifier + stock driver tubes + a pair of NOS 6N30P-DR tubes + 3 pairs of driver tubes (your choice, pick any in my other classified) => 425€
- Amplifier + stock driver tubes + a pair of NOS 6N30P-DR tubes + 10 pairs of driver tubes (your choice, pick any in my other classified) => 450€
- Or make me an offer I'm likely to answer yes to!
I'm trying to keep this a European Union sale, mainly for shipping and customs concerns (you don't know the terror of customs until you get whacked the first time). Shipping and paypal fees are outside of the price, but could be slightly negotiable.
Thanks for reading!