Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best custom cable for Westone 4R for under $160?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best custom cable for Westone 4R for under $160? - Page 4

post #46 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y View Post

Oyiade vs. Viablue.
Is there a sound difference between them? Or is it just looks and personal preference?

I think right-angled seems more practical in a pocket which viablue doesnt offer.

IMO when i was single ended, Oyiade was always my plug of choice, i dont believe you can hear any differences. the Viablue is somewhat more beefy plug But i just always favored Oyiade...i might say viablue if you get the mini

post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

IMO when i was single ended, Oyiade was always my plug of choice, i dont believe you can hear any differences. the Viablue is somewhat more beefy plug But i just always favored Oyiade...i might say viablue if you get the mini

Actually the Viablue I received from Ted is the small version, about the size of the small straight Neutrik, while the normal Viablue is similar to a Switchcraft (big!)  It looks proportional to the cable unlike the full size one, and I can't see it being a problem with any phone case or similar but I've never seen let alone heard an Oyaide so I'm not going to make any recommendation :) 

post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
 

Actually the Viablue I received from Ted is the small version, about the size of the small straight Neutrik, while the normal Viablue is similar to a Switchcraft (big!)  It looks proportional to the cable unlike the full size one, and I can't see it being a problem with any phone case or similar but I've never seen let alone heard an Oyaide so I'm not going to make any recommendation :) 

yeah the small viablue the one you have is what im talking about.

 

the smaller viablue imo is better than the oyiade just my opinion,

post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

yeah the small viablue the one you have is what im talking about.

 

the smaller viablue imo is better than the oyiade just my opinion,

Haha, we have very different takes on the word beefy! 

 

Beefy would be the Canare F-12 (left), the Switchcraft is plenty big enough for any normal wire  and the Neutrik and Viablue are comparitively petite and well suited to portable use.  Do you have an Oyaide and any of these so I can see how it compares size wise?

post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidal_orange View Post
 

Haha, we have very different takes on the word beefy! 

 

Beefy would be the Canare F-12 (left), the Switchcraft is plenty big enough for any normal wire  and the Neutrik and Viablue are comparitively petite and well suited to portable use.  Do you have an Oyaide and any of these so I can see how it compares size wise?

yeah thats a big connector lol.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Best custom cable for Westone 4R for under $160?