How would these two headphones compare in terms of SQ, soundstage, comfort, and durability? I could get the m100 for about $230 and the 598's for about $200
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 10/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 or HD598 Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 11/26/15 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 12/30/15 at 1:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Vmoda m100 vs HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't misunderstand me but their signatures, natures (open vs closed), style, intended use are too far to make a fair comparison.
A few question have to be addressed: what would be the intended use? what kind of music you like? Planning to take with you? source?
They would most likely be used at home from a laptop/phone without an amp. I mainly listen to classical and pop. I understand their signatures are different but how would their detail and clarity compare? I know the the 598's should have a bigger soundstage but are the m100's close? How about their value for the price? I'm guessing the 598's signature would probably be better for classical but I really like the build quality of the m100's so if their detail is the better and soundstage is decent then I would probably get the m100's.
If I have the M-80s, would I gain the most by getting the M100's or 598's
I really don't know how to answer that. I have not heard the M80 or the 598, and I didn't like the M100. Sorry.
Though I have not heard the M100, I think if you want to cover as many genres NOW, go for the HD598 as they are now going for cheap on amazon. If you search hard enough you will find cheaper deals even.
This is if you have the M80. They are very different from each other, giving you two great performers for various genres.
If you're still jonesing for the M100 (like me) then you can save up and get it at a later date.
The 598 does not need amplification but does benefit from it. A simple amp like the FiiO E17 will do wonders for it...and the M80 actually. I like them both much much more than from just an iphone 4s for example. Good recordings will expose the weakness of the iphone on these heaphones.
Good luck and let us know which way you go.
With a budget of 300 or so, you can get the HD598, you would have enough for a FiiO E17. With the M100 you have all sorts of cool stuff like the case and the extra cables but not enoug for an amp.
Or you could just go straight to this one:
Other experienced headfiers say they would choose the 600 unamped over the 598 amped. I have no experienced with the 600 unfortunately. Then of course, if you go that route, it wont be long before you get into the amplification game.
The senns will perform well for home use, not so well for outdoors. The m100, will of course be better for mobile use. The M80s are built like tanks, and so is the m100 having the same lineage. I can tell you from experience, the 598 will not survive long term on road use.
Edited by NZheadcase - 10/26/13 at 10:11pm
- Vmoda m100 vs HD598
- › Heir Audio 8.a CIEM 43 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks cable for Audeze LCD headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › Need International Help for Amazon.de Purchase! (Philips SHD9200) 8 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...