How would these two headphones compare in terms of SQ, soundstage, comfort, and durability? I could get the m100 for about $230 and the 598's for about $200
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 10/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 or HD598 Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 11/26/15 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 12/30/15 at 1:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
Vmoda m100 vs HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't misunderstand me but their signatures, natures (open vs closed), style, intended use are too far to make a fair comparison.
A few question have to be addressed: what would be the intended use? what kind of music you like? Planning to take with you? source?
They would most likely be used at home from a laptop/phone without an amp. I mainly listen to classical and pop. I understand their signatures are different but how would their detail and clarity compare? I know the the 598's should have a bigger soundstage but are the m100's close? How about their value for the price? I'm guessing the 598's signature would probably be better for classical but I really like the build quality of the m100's so if their detail is the better and soundstage is decent then I would probably get the m100's.
If I have the M-80s, would I gain the most by getting the M100's or 598's
I really don't know how to answer that. I have not heard the M80 or the 598, and I didn't like the M100. Sorry.
Though I have not heard the M100, I think if you want to cover as many genres NOW, go for the HD598 as they are now going for cheap on amazon. If you search hard enough you will find cheaper deals even.
This is if you have the M80. They are very different from each other, giving you two great performers for various genres.
If you're still jonesing for the M100 (like me) then you can save up and get it at a later date.
The 598 does not need amplification but does benefit from it. A simple amp like the FiiO E17 will do wonders for it...and the M80 actually. I like them both much much more than from just an iphone 4s for example. Good recordings will expose the weakness of the iphone on these heaphones.
Good luck and let us know which way you go.
With a budget of 300 or so, you can get the HD598, you would have enough for a FiiO E17. With the M100 you have all sorts of cool stuff like the case and the extra cables but not enoug for an amp.
Or you could just go straight to this one:
Other experienced headfiers say they would choose the 600 unamped over the 598 amped. I have no experienced with the 600 unfortunately. Then of course, if you go that route, it wont be long before you get into the amplification game.
The senns will perform well for home use, not so well for outdoors. The m100, will of course be better for mobile use. The M80s are built like tanks, and so is the m100 having the same lineage. I can tell you from experience, the 598 will not survive long term on road use.
Edited by NZheadcase - 10/26/13 at 10:11pm
- Vmoda m100 vs HD598
- › iPhone 7 severe issue with MFi DACs 32 seconds ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recommended Headphones for Gaming? 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...