How would these two headphones compare in terms of SQ, soundstage, comfort, and durability? I could get the m100 for about $230 and the 598's for about $200
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 10/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 11/26/15 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 12/30/15 at 1:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 1/31/16 at 5:59am in Portable Source Gear
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
Vmoda m100 vs HD598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't misunderstand me but their signatures, natures (open vs closed), style, intended use are too far to make a fair comparison.
A few question have to be addressed: what would be the intended use? what kind of music you like? Planning to take with you? source?
They would most likely be used at home from a laptop/phone without an amp. I mainly listen to classical and pop. I understand their signatures are different but how would their detail and clarity compare? I know the the 598's should have a bigger soundstage but are the m100's close? How about their value for the price? I'm guessing the 598's signature would probably be better for classical but I really like the build quality of the m100's so if their detail is the better and soundstage is decent then I would probably get the m100's.
If I have the M-80s, would I gain the most by getting the M100's or 598's
I really don't know how to answer that. I have not heard the M80 or the 598, and I didn't like the M100. Sorry.
Though I have not heard the M100, I think if you want to cover as many genres NOW, go for the HD598 as they are now going for cheap on amazon. If you search hard enough you will find cheaper deals even.
This is if you have the M80. They are very different from each other, giving you two great performers for various genres.
If you're still jonesing for the M100 (like me) then you can save up and get it at a later date.
The 598 does not need amplification but does benefit from it. A simple amp like the FiiO E17 will do wonders for it...and the M80 actually. I like them both much much more than from just an iphone 4s for example. Good recordings will expose the weakness of the iphone on these heaphones.
Good luck and let us know which way you go.
With a budget of 300 or so, you can get the HD598, you would have enough for a FiiO E17. With the M100 you have all sorts of cool stuff like the case and the extra cables but not enoug for an amp.
Or you could just go straight to this one:
Other experienced headfiers say they would choose the 600 unamped over the 598 amped. I have no experienced with the 600 unfortunately. Then of course, if you go that route, it wont be long before you get into the amplification game.
The senns will perform well for home use, not so well for outdoors. The m100, will of course be better for mobile use. The M80s are built like tanks, and so is the m100 having the same lineage. I can tell you from experience, the 598 will not survive long term on road use.
Edited by NZheadcase - 10/26/13 at 10:11pm
- Vmoda m100 vs HD598
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ The Liquid Carbon Upgrade Guide & Impressions Tour 5 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse