How would these two headphones compare in terms of SQ, soundstage, comfort, and durability? I could get the m100 for about $230 and the 598's for about $200
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 10/26/13
Related Forum Threads
- Comparing Sennheiser HD 598, Beats Studio 2013, and Beats Pro - Quasi-Objective Tests Last post on 4/15/14 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a set of headphone please!!! Last post on 4/12/14 at 2:09am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Quest for the next pair Last post on 4/9/14 at 3:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558, HD598, RS170, RS180 - Which one is better ? Last post on 4/7/14 at 12:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Vmoda m100 vs HD598post #1 of 810/26/13 at 6:36pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 810/26/13 at 6:43pm
Don't misunderstand me but their signatures, natures (open vs closed), style, intended use are too far to make a fair comparison.
A few question have to be addressed: what would be the intended use? what kind of music you like? Planning to take with you? source?post #3 of 810/26/13 at 8:15pmThread StarterQuote:
They would most likely be used at home from a laptop/phone without an amp. I mainly listen to classical and pop. I understand their signatures are different but how would their detail and clarity compare? I know the the 598's should have a bigger soundstage but are the m100's close? How about their value for the price? I'm guessing the 598's signature would probably be better for classical but I really like the build quality of the m100's so if their detail is the better and soundstage is decent then I would probably get the m100's.post #4 of 810/26/13 at 8:42pmpost #5 of 810/26/13 at 8:48pmThread StarterQuote:
If I have the M-80s, would I gain the most by getting the M100's or 598'spost #6 of 810/26/13 at 9:39pmQuote:
I really don't know how to answer that. I have not heard the M80 or the 598, and I didn't like the M100. Sorry.post #7 of 810/26/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
Though I have not heard the M100, I think if you want to cover as many genres NOW, go for the HD598 as they are now going for cheap on amazon. If you search hard enough you will find cheaper deals even.
This is if you have the M80. They are very different from each other, giving you two great performers for various genres.
If you're still jonesing for the M100 (like me) then you can save up and get it at a later date.
The 598 does not need amplification but does benefit from it. A simple amp like the FiiO E17 will do wonders for it...and the M80 actually. I like them both much much more than from just an iphone 4s for example. Good recordings will expose the weakness of the iphone on these heaphones.
Good luck and let us know which way you go.post #8 of 810/26/13 at 10:08pmhttp://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Headphones-Burl-Wood-Accents/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382850047&sr=8-1&keywords=hd598
With a budget of 300 or so, you can get the HD598, you would have enough for a FiiO E17. With the M100 you have all sorts of cool stuff like the case and the extra cables but not enoug for an amp.
Or you could just go straight to this one:
Other experienced headfiers say they would choose the 600 unamped over the 598 amped. I have no experienced with the 600 unfortunately. Then of course, if you go that route, it wont be long before you get into the amplification game.
The senns will perform well for home use, not so well for outdoors. The m100, will of course be better for mobile use. The M80s are built like tanks, and so is the m100 having the same lineage. I can tell you from experience, the 598 will not survive long term on road use.
Edited by NZheadcase - 10/26/13 at 10:11pm
- Vmoda m100 vs HD598
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 31 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Charleston Cable Company Headphone Cables and Interconnects - WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for NC/NI In-ear Headphones for Bustling Work Environment 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones under 150$ 6 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 7 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob