Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › WARNING! Buy Phillips Headphones AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WARNING! Buy Phillips Headphones AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! - Page 2

post #16 of 23
Did you pay for this with a credit card? If so most of them automatically double manufacturer warranty. File a claim.
post #17 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodan818 View Post

Did you pay for this with a credit card? If so most of them automatically double manufacturer warranty. File a claim.

Nah, I used my Visa Debit card, unfortunately.

post #18 of 23
You might be eligible. File a claim with visa. Manufacturer warranties under 3 years automatically extended by 1 year. Claim amount up to10,000.

http://usa.visa.com/business/why-pay-with-visa/security-benefits/bft-purchase-security.html#anchor_3
post #19 of 23

Are you looking to use headphones as just portables or at home? I'd go with the hd600s if it was for home usage.

post #20 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post

Looks like the earpads came undone. Are they removable to begin with? Since it seems some of their models have non-removable pads.

Hello, kalbee, unfortunately the ear pads are not removable. At least, not that I can tell.
post #21 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post

Are you looking to use headphones as just portables or at home? I'd go with the hd600s if it was for home usage.

I'm actually looking for a great sounding can for using on the go with my iPhone 5 and iPod Classic. And like I stated earlier, I am happy with the sound of the L1, if not it's repairability. And I love the removable remote cable. It comes in handy since I can use it in my truck and control my iPhone while it's connected to my car stereo unit.
post #22 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodan818 View Post

You might be eligible. File a claim with visa. Manufacturer warranties under 3 years automatically extended by 1 year. Claim amount up to10,000.

http://usa.visa.com/business/why-pay-with-visa/security-benefits/bft-purchase-security.html#anchor_3

Thanks for the tip, rhodan. I will check it out.beerchug.gif
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman7 View Post
 

My Citiscape Uptowns show the same exact problem.  I haven't even worn them that much, either. I'll try superglue to fix it, but I think Philips headphones have a consistent manufacturing defect of this type.  

 

Yup had 100% identical issue with mine. I called in and basically they said I'd need to ship them the entire headphones to get it fixed. No pad replacements available. One of the many reasons I have stayed away from the L1 and X1 from the Fidelio line. Sad to see the same problems exist here as well. No replaceable pads is a big warning for me. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › WARNING! Buy Phillips Headphones AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!