Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... - Page 45

post #661 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post


it does. wink.gif many have bought both, and sold the HD650's and kept the HP200's.


Haha, I know what you mean. Same reason I chose T1 over HD650 which had my mind set on it initially when I was looking for a full-size phone.

 

However, the sound signature of HD6xx and the Senns phones in general does not appeal to me.

 

Despite T1 costing a little more than twice the HD650 I closed my eyes and surrendered my credit card to the checkout counter.

 

I went for the best for my taste but never cried. Not even once lol :beyersmile:

post #662 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 


Haha, I know what you mean. Same reason I chose T1 over HD650 which had my mind set on it initially when I was looking for a full-size phone.

 

However, the sound signature of HD6xx and the Senns phones in general does not appeal to me.

 

Despite T1 costing a little more than twice the HD650 I closed my eyes and surrendered my credit card to the checkout counter.

 

I went for the best for my taste but never cried. Not even once lol :beyersmile:

The crying starts when the credit card bill comes in. Hey, enjoy your new cans.

post #663 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

The crying starts when the credit card bill comes in. Hey, enjoy your new cans.

+1

post #664 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Oh yes. The LCD2v2 sounds spectacular but like with the HD800 we bump into that nasty (money spent)/(time used) ratio. Plus, the HD650 is more comfortable. I really like those cans wink.gif

The PB2 off course!
They actually come out every now and then, when evaluating new equipment. They are ruthlessly revealing and perfect for shining a spotlight on any bad links in your audio chain.

Lol, sorry about your wallet man! Photography AND audio? 

Then consider the HE500s because in balanced mode the PB2 does have enough juice to drive them. See if you can get a chance to listen to them even in SE mode via the PB2s
post #665 of 927

Out of the PB2s the HE500s sound better than the HD600s

post #666 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

Out of the PB2s the HE500s sound better than the HD600s


Wow interesting, my HD600 can't be beat with any amps, the Intruder makes it shine to no end. I guess it all depends on the amp one is using. I haven't used the HE500 so I can't comment on the cans but if those are more expensive than the HD600 I would not expect anything less. When you say sounds better, what do you mean?

post #667 of 927
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

Out of the PB2s the HE500s sound better than the HD600s

Two of my friends both have the HE500 and are coming by next month. The only problem with the HE-500 is the price (once you add a HD650 pad to the headband). 

post #668 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Two of my friends both have the HE500 and are coming by next month. The only problem with the HE-500 is the price (once you add a HD650 pad to the headband). 

What pad? 

post #669 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


Wow interesting, my HD600 can't be beat with any amps, the Intruder makes it shine to no end. I guess it all depends on the amp one is using. I haven't used the HE500 so I can't comment on the cans but if those are more expensive than the HD600 I would not expect anything less. When you say sounds better, what do you mean?

I'm saying that with the PB2s the HE500s sound better than the HD600s in most areas. The highs are more extended (on the HD600s (with the PB2s, it sounds a bit rolled off), the mids are smoother (albeit slightly less natural than the HD600s), the bass of the ortho is on another level (again in comparison on the PB2s). 

 

Just because something costs more doesn't mean it will be better. The HD600s sound far better my TH600s in anything that has vocals or mid-focused. I got the HD600s at 1/3 the cost of the TH600s. My $40 RE0s sound IMO better than my $350 UE900s. Its all a bit personal taste at the end of the day.

post #670 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

I'm saying that with the PB2s the HE500s sound better than the HD600s in most areas. The highs are more extended (on the HD600s (with the PB2s, it sounds a bit rolled off), the mids are smoother (albeit slightly less natural than the HD600s), the bass of the ortho is on another level (again in comparison on the PB2s). 

 

Just because something costs more doesn't mean it will be better. The HD600s sound far better my TH600s in anything that has vocals or mid-focused. I got the HD600s at 1/3 the cost of the TH600s. My $40 RE0s sound IMO better than my $350 UE900s. Its all a bit personal taste at the end of the day.


I know, that is just my expectation, it does not mean it would be met, like I said I never tried the HE500. I wish we would have venues here where we could try those headphones, the Sennheiser can be tested but not the HD700 and above.

post #671 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post
 


I know, that is just my expectation, it does not mean it would be met, like I said I never tried the HE500. I wish we would have venues here where we could try those headphones, the Sennheiser can be tested but not the HD700 and above.

If you've never tried a decent ortho you should get your hands on one somehow. They need a bit of power to sound proper so amping is more of an issue with them than the HD600s

post #672 of 927

But if you asked me which can I would keep if I could only have one, I'd keep the TH600s since I listen to EDM most of the time. That thing is made for that genre

post #673 of 927
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

What pad? 
The headband padding from the HD650, it can be fitted to a lot of different cans and really impoves comfort:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900
post #674 of 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

The headband padding from the HD650, it can be fitted to a lot of different cans and really impoves comfort:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/579875/comfort-mod-hd650-headband-padding-on-the-pro-900

I wacked on a headband pad that cost $14. It does the job.
post #675 of 927
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...