Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... - Page 18

post #256 of 930

the picture of pico power is similar to kojo km01.  not same but similar.  :o

post #257 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmahler2u View Post

the picture of pico power is similar to kojo km01.  not same but similar.  redface.gif

Is this some kind of copycat? biggrin.gif
post #258 of 930
I am surprised that noone has mentioned the pico dac/amp. I agree about the inverted pyramid stack however the pico is a great piece of gear, sounds great and measures extremely well. 2.74 x 2 x .86 in inches of course. The WM8740 and it implementation (usb to I2S then upsampled to 24/96) is just icing on the cake.
post #259 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

I am surprised that noone has mentioned the pico dac/amp. I agree about the inverted pyramid stack however the pico is a great piece of gear, sounds great and measures extremely well. 2.74 x 2 x .86 in inches of course. The WM8740 and it implementation (usb to I2S then upsampled to 24/96) is just icing on the cake.

Thanks Soren for that, one of his conditions was no inverted pyramid scheme :eek:

 

But I agree with you, my very first HeadAmp amp was the Pico Dac/Amp in black which I exchanged for the Pico Slim in Red lol. The only thing I did not like about the Pico Amp/Dac was the frontal input and output which played havoc with my connectors, always cramped in there. Otherwise an amazing amp and a fantastic DAC.


Edited by musicheaven - 11/2/13 at 4:11pm
post #260 of 930
X2 for an all in one I dont think there is better out there yet. Not quite the 627 but it isnt that far off plus the dac is great if you have redbooks ripped into flacs as I do.
post #261 of 930

But the dx50`s dac is excellent already, no? 

 

I wouldn`t know, because #%!*#/ing DHL thinks it`s a bank, and doesn`t work on weekends, and this is a long weekend in Japan, and so my dx50 is sitting peacefully in some Tokyo depot until #%!*#/ing TUESDAY ! 

 

 

gmahler2u I want your A☐P amp. . . . 


Edited by Dopaminer - 11/2/13 at 8:42pm
post #262 of 930
I'm waiting...it's coming January
smily_headphones1.gif
post #263 of 930
Thread Starter 

My Quickstep just arrived so I could finally ditch the rubber bands - DualLoc and rubber feet is the only way to fly! :D

 

 

Next up: Getting a low-profile IC, then looking into Project LipoStep...

post #264 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

My Quickstep just arrived so I could finally ditch the rubber bands - DualLoc and rubber feet is the only way to fly! :D

 

Next up: Getting a low-profile IC, then looking into Project LipoStep...

 

Nice! My quickstep should arrive today :)

I'm planning to use the 9v batteries from the O2 for the quickstep. I've already found a psu for the quickstep, which I will buy when I decide to keep the quickstep or not.

post #265 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

My Quickstep just arrived so I could finally ditch the rubber bands - DualLoc and rubber feet is the only way to fly! biggrin.gif




Next up: Getting a low-profile IC, then looking into Project LipoStep...

Very nice, kind a sitting high on the Amp biggrin.gif

This picture is about to change with your LipoStep. wink_face.gif
post #266 of 930

If you could make it half the thickness I might ask you to make me one :L3000:.

post #267 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

My Quickstep just arrived so I could finally ditch the rubber bands - DualLoc and rubber feet is the only way to fly! :D

 

 

Next up: Getting a low-profile IC, then looking into Project LipoStep...

Hey I`ve never used that Dual loc stuff before:  how does it attach to the devices?  Does it come with a sticky side, and does it come off cleanly if you want to get rid of it?  I don`t really dig the rubber bands.  I`ve been using some velcro straps but it looks quite nasty. . . 

post #268 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopaminer View Post

Hey I`ve never used that Dual loc stuff before:  how does it attach to the devices?  Does it come with a sticky side, and does it come off cleanly if you want to get rid of it?  I don`t really dig the rubber bands.  I`ve been using some velcro straps but it looks quite nasty. . . 

A different name for Velcro tapes or 3-M dual lock (fancy name for Velcro) both sides stick to the device using strong tape material and the other side is just the velour pad and other the tiny hooks. You can get the tape from here in the US:

http://www.uline.com/Grp_288/Velcro-Hook-Loop-Tape?pricode=WG313&gclid=CPzJ2ajPy7oCFallOgodXVMABQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Just remember that if the glue on the tape is not strong, the hook part will pill itself off the device, so it is a balance between heavy glue and removability. The dual lock from 3M seems to be softer and not as sticky as the Velcro so in theory you should be able to rip it off when not needed anymore but you might also run the risk of having the dap or the amp falling off if you carry it manually and you are holding on one device only.
Edited by musicheaven - 11/4/13 at 9:59am
post #269 of 930
post #270 of 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by head-hi View Post

Has anybody seen this?:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/geek-pulse-a-digital-audio-awesomifier-for-your-desktop/x/3749045

I'm in for the $398 bundle.

Not a bad price but no ideas what DAC they are actually using. They talked about some DAC from some known company however I have never heard of them. Do you have any documental references to the DAC being used?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...