Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... - Page 14

post #196 of 929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

Are you just wanting to do this project for the lolz? The quickstep runs fine from 9v batteries right? 

Absolutely! Sounds spectacular while doing it as well. I just happen to suffer from a disorder commonly known as MATT. This handy infographic should explain it:

 

post #197 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Absolutely! Sounds spectacular while doing it as well. I just happen to suffer from a disorder commonly known as MATT. This handy infographic should explain it:

 

Yeah, I know that feel.

 

You know what be really freaking awesome? If you could have that 12v battery, charged through usb! 

post #198 of 929
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

Yeah, I know that feel.

 

You know what be really freaking awesome? If you could have that 12v battery, charged through usb! 

Charging a 12V battery with a 5V supply might take a while... Meh, anything can be done, I guess. I'll go ask some more knowledgable people about this project!

post #199 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Charging a 12V battery with a 5V supply might take a while... Meh, anything can be done, I guess. I'll go ask some more knowledgable people about this project!

I am also curious. In the future I might get one of them. If you manage to put a charging system in it, I would send mine to you to do the same :D

post #200 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Charging a 12V battery with a 5V supply might take a while... Meh, anything can be done, I guess. I'll go ask some more knowledgable people about this project!

Yeah that's what I suspected. But it would be a cool feature nonetheless!

post #201 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

Charging a 12V battery with a 5V supply might take a while... Meh, anything can be done, I guess. I'll go ask some more knowledgable people about this project!

 

Using one of these 12V batteries should also solve your concerns about the reverse pyramid stack:

post #202 of 929
Thread Starter 
Which car battery sounds the best? Are they available with silver terminals? Should I use two of them in a balanced configuration?

I wish Rudi was here to answer all these questions!
post #203 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Which car battery sounds the best? Are they available with silver terminals? Should I use two of them in a balanced configuration?

I wish Rudi was here to answer all these questions!

Haha, I think an engineer might do a better job answering those questions. Ask Jan Meier!

post #204 of 929

Call me a copycat, but I've just ordered a Meier Audio Corda Quickstep too. I already love the sound of the stock DX50 internal amp. It opened the veil a bit further and reveals more detail on almost any album I know in and out with strong, deep and controlled bass, nice midrange and pretty clear highs.

It almost makes me want to buy new speakers for my home system now and I guess the quickstep will accomplish just that.

Now I can imagine why the Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus sounded IMHO worse than my home system (B&W CM7, bi amped), because they revealed so much more detail on the possibly not so perfect recording. I believe I heard digital artefacts on a CD. Could have been an old/bad mastering.:)

 

Looking forward to the Quickstep.

post #205 of 929
Thread Starter 
Copycat.






Also, I spent 4 hours today with DX50 -> Quickstep -> 8.A. You're in for a treat wink.gif
post #206 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Copycat.






Also, I spent 4 hours today with DX50 -> Quickstep -> 8.A. You're in for a treat wink.gif

Good to hear.;)

post #207 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post

My wallet thinks the same, but I agree to disagree. My quest is between the Corda 2Stepdance, the Headstage Arrow (3g or 4t?) and the Leckerton Audio uha-6s-mkii and maybe just maybe when my wallet wins then the C&C rolleyes.gif

I have both but the arrow amp will not be great for sensitive IEMs with BA drivers. I don't hear so much difference between them with large headphone, but quickstep is definitely much much more refined with my CIEM as CIEM can be so revealing that a slight change of source can be apparent. Don't get me wrong. Arrow amp is a master piece to me too but definitely not for my CIEM. Especially comparing the quickstep to the DX50 phone out. The quality difference can be so huge that I've never bother with the phone out!
post #208 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post

Copycat.


Also, I spent 4 hours today with DX50 -> Quickstep -> 8.A. You're in for a treat wink.gif

I'm curious, how much more performance do the 8.A give over the 4.A?

post #209 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

I'm curious, how much more performance do the 8.A give over the 4.A?

Do the maths.. exactly double.:)

post #210 of 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by pOOB73 View Post
 

Do the maths.. exactly double.:)

Haha, if only stuff worked like that on head-fi!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...