Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... - Page 11

post #151 of 915

Don't buy them all you guys, I'm still rocking this:

Maybe around X-mass I'll upgrade?, I don't really see the need right now. 6 years later and this sounds leaps better then the common FOTM's.

post #152 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

I certainly am! But if I can find a cheap re272 I might not be able to resist! 

Oh, I've actually seen people using the quickstep with the senn HD650 without any problems. So I think they'll have more than enough power for your cIEMs.
Another suggestion would be the Vsonis VSD1S, they sound absolutely amazing with the DX50! They are only 55.00.
post #153 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


Another suggestion would be the Vsonis VSD1S, they sound absolutely amazing with the DX50! They are only 55.00.

Thanks for the suggestion, but buying new IEMs will not happen in the near future! 

First I'll have to sell the C5 or return it, receive money, buy quickstep -> enjoy.

post #154 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Thanks for the suggestion, but buying new IEMs will not happen in the near future! 
First I'll have to sell the C5 or return it, receive money, buy quickstep -> enjoy.
That quickstep is expensive, im going to settle for the C&C bh for now, I heard it pairs well with dx50.
post #155 of 915
I have dx50 and kojo km01 with my jh16older version.

Highly recommend this combo
post #156 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


That quickstep is expensive, im going to settle for the C&C bh for now, I heard it pairs well with dx50.

My wallet thinks the same, but I agree to disagree. My quest is between the Corda 2Stepdance, the Headstage Arrow (3g or 4t?) and the Leckerton Audio uha-6s-mkii and maybe just maybe when my wallet wins then the C&C :rolleyes:

post #157 of 915
Don't forget the PB2 loads of power and goes toe to toe with the sr71. But it depends what you're driving
post #158 of 915
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

Don't forget the PB2 loads of power and goes toe to toe with the sr71. But it depends what you're driving

I'm actively working on getting my grubby little hands on a PB2 to put it up against the Quickstep...

post #159 of 915
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmahler2u View Post

I have dx50 and kojo km01 with my jh16older version.

Highly recommend this combo

Holy friggin balls that thing looks spectacular, too bad it has a price tag to match! :eek:

post #160 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

I'm actively working on getting my grubby little hands on a PB2 to put it up against the Quickstep...

You plan on going balanced?

post #161 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post


That quickstep is expensive, im going to settle for the C&C bh for now, I heard it pairs well with dx50.

It really is expensive. But buying <$150 amps, isn't going to do anything for me. I need an endgame amp, so I know I'm getting something really special. 

 

The thing is, the HO of the DX50 isn't bad at all. I really did feel that the C5 was only marginally better. It just wasn't worth the added weight and size.

post #162 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post
 

It really is expensive. But buying <$150 amps, isn't going to do anything for me. I need an endgame amp, so I know I'm getting something really special. 

 

The thing is, the HO of the DX50 isn't bad at all. I really did feel that the C5 was only marginally better. It just wasn't worth the added weight and size.


I wouldn't be so sure of that, C&C BH has earned it's reputation, I have used $250 P&D amps and preferred BH. I have heard Tralucent T1 (which unless is faulty) again BH was my preference. If there's one thing you learn in this hobby as you buy/try/sell, money and price can mean very little in the audio world. I"m not telling you to go out and buy C&C BH, but I can tell you the amp does not sound like it's only worth $100 as I've heard amps costing a lot more and thought they basically couldn't touch it. You can hunt for that special something, but be aware just because you spend more won't necessarily get you that "better sound or synergy" I know two members just of the top of my head, one bought the Vmoda amp which cost around $400, got it home and returned straight away because he preferred BH, the other bought a Leckerton and again preferred the BH amp. Those are some examples and it's written all through the BH review thread with other cases.


Here's another example from just the other day. I don't speak bull dust it doesn't earn me anything, the members/owners speak on the amps behalf.


Quote:

Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post
 

I just received the BH2 yesterday and am listening to it right now. I cannot believe the performance of this thing, it's astounding! I'm not one to praise stuff either but this little amp is insane. I like this thing more than my The International by ALO Audio and as you all know thats a 600 dollar amp. The build quality is also excellent. 

I have a 7th batch order of the DX50 which ships the 30th and I'm very excited to pair it with this amp, right now I'm pairing it with a Clip+


Edited by H20Fidelity - 10/30/13 at 2:10am
post #163 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


I wouldn't be so sure of that, C&C BH has earned it's reputation, I have used $250 P&D amps and preferred BH. I have heard Tralucent T1 (which unless is faulty) again BH was my preference. If there's one thing you learn in this hobby as you buy/try/sell, money and price can mean very little in the audio world. I"m not telling you to go out and buy C&C BH, but I can tell you the amp does not sound like it's only worth $100 as I've heard amps costing a lot more and thought they basically couldn't touch it. You can hunt for that special something, but be aware just because you spend more won't necessarily get you that "better sound or synergy" I know two members just of the top of my head, one bought the Vmoda amp which cost around $400, got it home and returned straight away because he preferred BH, the other bought a Leckerton and again preferred the BH amp. Those are some examples and it's written all through the BH review thread with other cases.



Here's another example from just the other day. I don't speak bull dust it doesn't earn me anything, the members/owners speak on the amps behalf.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kskwerl
 go_quote.gif

 
I just received the BH2 yesterday and am listening to it right now. I cannot believe the performance of this thing, it's astounding! I'm not one to praise stuff either 
but this little amp is insane. I like this thing more than my The International by ALO Audio and as you all know thats
 a 600 dollar amp. The build quality is also excellent. 


I have a 7th batch order of the DX50 which ships the 30th and I'm very excited to pair it with this amp, right now I'm pairing it with a Clip+

where can you buy the BH amp from in Australia?
post #164 of 915
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post
 

You plan on going balanced?

I'd love to compare it to the "Active balanced ground" of the Meier amp, yeah.

 

I could be perfectly happy with the Quickstep but that nagging "what if..." voice in my head needs to try a couple of different amps to be silenced.

post #165 of 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


I wouldn't be so sure of that, C&C BH has earned it's reputation, I have used $250 P&D amps and preferred BH. I have heard Tralucent T1 (which unless is faulty) again BH was my preference. If there's one thing you learn in this hobby as you buy/try/sell, money and price can mean very little in the audio world. I"m not telling you to go out and buy C&C BH, but I can tell you the amp does not sound like it's only worth $100 as I've heard amps costing a lot more and thought they basically couldn't touch it. You can hunt for that special something, but be aware just because you spend more won't necessarily get you that "better sound or synergy" I know two members just of the top of my head, one bought the Vmoda amp which cost around $400, got it home and returned straight away because he preferred BH, the other bought a Leckerton and again preferred the BH amp. Those are some examples and it's written all through the BH review thread with other cases.


Here's another example from just the other day. I don't speak bull dust it doesn't earn me anything, the members/owners speak on the amps behalf.


Quote:

Originally Posted by kskwerl View Post
 

I just received the BH2 yesterday and am listening to it right now. I cannot believe the performance of this thing, it's astounding! I'm not one to praise stuff either but this little amp is insane. I like this thing more than my The International by ALO Audio and as you all know thats a 600 dollar amp. The build quality is also excellent. 

I have a 7th batch order of the DX50 which ships the 30th and I'm very excited to pair it with this amp, right now I'm pairing it with a Clip+

Yes, I know price isn't everything. I just don't want to take any risks. Since I'll have to order the CC BH from outside EU, I will have to invest a lot of time and money in this thing. It wouldn't be that cheap for me. If only I could test these things somewhere!

It's obviously not helping that atleast some users found the JDS C5 better than the CC BH. 

 

The quickstep is on sale, can be bought from my neighbouring country germany, and has a cool feature called balanced ground. Now how can I say no to that! 


Edited by Marleybob217 - 10/30/13 at 2:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...