As the title suggests guys and gals, we're organising an Australian tour of the Astrotec AX60 Hybrid 3-way Universal IEM.
Here's your chance to experience the AX60 and write some impressions within this thread.
A brief description on the AX60:
Australian RRP is $399
The Astrotec AX60 is a triple-driver hybrid earphone, consisting of a specially designed high efficiency dynamic driver and a specially customised high-end dual-balanced armature from Knowles. The result is an exceptional sounding headphone, with a crisp and detailed signature, without sacrificing deep lows.
- 10mm Dynamic Driver to provide clean and detailed bass with quick response
- Top-end Customised dual-balanced armature from Knowles
- The AX60 is the first patented hybrid headphone developed and Made in China
- Months of research and tests plus modifications with the help of audiophile communities in China
- Special crossover technology which minimizes spikes and allows great extension and sound stage
- Dynamic and well extended sound
- Top tier metal processing technology and framework inside the iem
- Specially tuned "Galaxy" cable which is soft yet tough, the cable is made of 5 different materials including a fine match of copper wires and shielding materials used in military/medical use such as Teflon, which efficiently provides good shielding and excellent sound quality.
- Changeable filter which allows users to tune themselves, or to DIY, adding materials to the filter.
- Users can choose between the provided filters, which aims to sound clean and balanced or with the lows emphasized.
- Driver: 10mm Dynamic + Dual-Balanced Armature
- Frequency response: 8 Hz - 28000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 110 dB/1mw (S.P.Lat 1KHz)
- Impedance: 12 OHM
- Cable: 1.2m +/-0.3m Galaxy cable
- Connector: 3.5mm gold plated connector
- Max input: 10 mW
- We'll select the tour members based on experience and what earphones they have compare against the AX60.
- The Tour will run for a limited time, so we're want each member to have the AX60 for a week (ie 7 Days) not including any transit time to and from members.
- The member who currently has the AX60 is responsible to sending it on to the next person. With the last person sending back to us.
- We would appreciate your thoughts and comments on the AX60 within a couple of weeks of you spending time with the earphones.
- When posting your comments and impressions on the AX60, consider all factors, including it's value and comment sensibly and reasonably.
Terms and conditions of the tour are subject to change at the our discretion.
To register your interest, please PM me with your contact details and your experience with IEM's and a reason why you should be part of the tour.
Edit: Here is the current list of tour members:
- White Lotus
- d marc0
NOTE: Tour is now complete!
Edit2: I also forgot to mention guys and gals, when you're sending off to the next member, please ensure its packaged adequately for transit and send it in an Australia Post Express Post satchel with tracking. Please then forward me the tracking details, so we can keep track of where the package is.
Edited by billymav - 2/12/14 at 4:30am