Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV - Page 22

post #316 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

More laid back than the T5p's and on par with the Alpha Dogs with regards to forwardness. Regarding extension, the T5p's reach a bit higher and their forwardness sometimes might be a bit too much on some tracks. Alpha's and Shure's are actually similar to my ears (regarding Treble). These are NOT bright as the usual Shure fare. They compare on the "highs" to the SRH1840s which in a way were similar to the Sennheiser HD600 signature (meaning warm-ish but detailed.) But in overall signature I liken the 1540s to the 840s but more detailed, more exact in the mid-bass to mids transition with more sub-bass and tamed treble energy. Hopefully I'll chime in with more if necessary when I get all three of them again and use them at home. ;-)

vs. Sig DJ comparison yet???

post #317 of 492

 

;)

 

post #318 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post

vs. Sig DJ comparison yet???

Sig DJs are overall more fun and entertaining.
Bigger bass, more airy, but mids and imaging goes to the Shures. (Quick to the point compare...) ;-)
Edited by gelocks - 11/28/13 at 8:51am
post #319 of 492

From what I've read, these seem to sound a little like bigger ESW9s. Am I totally off in that logic?

post #320 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post


Sig DJs are overall more fun and entertaining.
Bigger bass, more airy, but mids and imaging goes to the Shures. (Quick to the point compare...) ;-)

Thanks for the succinct comments.  Unfortunately, that leaves me with a few questions.

 

As I am more interested in vocals, are vocals more forward with the Shure by a decent margin?  

 

How does the 1540 resolution compare to the Sig DJ?

 

Will the 1540 sound laid back compared to the Sig DJ?

 

How do vocals of the 1540 compare to the Alpha Dog?

post #321 of 492

What would be a good DAC/amp to pair with these? USB with RCA out as well as headphone. Up to aboug £4-500. Looking to get a DAC/amp to replace my sound card and feed my speakers and the 1540s.


Edited by TheHound - 11/30/13 at 7:45pm
post #322 of 492
T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHound View Post

What would be a good DAC/amp to pair with these? USB with RCA out as well as headphone. Up to aboug £4-500. Looking to get a DAC/amp to replace my sound card and feed my speakers and the 1540s.

The 1540's don't need many watts at all. They would sound great with most soundcards IMO.
post #323 of 492

sub

post #324 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveTrains View Post

T
The 1540's don't need many watts at all. They would sound great with most soundcards IMO.

 

Agreed, but they could do with at least a few more, plus I want the DAC. Just wondering what people thought would be a good sonic pairing?

 

Needs to be USB in and have RCA out along with headphone out.


Edited by TheHound - 12/1/13 at 3:39am
post #325 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHound View Post

Agreed, but they could do with at least a few more, plus I want the DAC. Just wondering what people thought would be a good sonic pairing?

Needs to be USB in and have RCA out along with headphone out.
iFI iDAC
post #326 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post


iFI iDAC


That looks very nice. As do the Audinst HUD-MX2 and Fostex HP-A3. And the Graham Slee Bitzie, though the RCA on that appears to be a headphone jack adapter, which isn't so convenient.

post #327 of 492

I'm considering buying a pair of these and see that a few people also have the SRH1840, which I've heard. So does the 1540 have some of the 1840's clarity & spatials/separation? And is it sort of like a bassier & darker version of the 1840?

 

Would help if more people mentioned what type of music they're using btw, harder to get an idea of the headphones without that info....


Edited by Asr - 12/2/13 at 12:25am
post #328 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

I'm considering buying a pair of these and see that a few people also have the SRH1840, which I've heard. So does the 1540 have some of the 1840's clarity & spatials/separation? And is it sort of like a bassier & darker version of the 1840?

Would help if more people mentioned what type of music they're using btw, harder to get an idea of the headphones without that info....

If you do buy these, I would be interested to see a comparison between SRH1540 and AD2000X. I have the AD2000X and am interested in the SRH1540 as well. Not sure if anyone currently owns both these headphones...
post #329 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
 

I'm considering buying a pair of these and see that a few people also have the SRH1840, which I've heard. So does the 1540 have some of the 1840's clarity & spatials/separation? And is it sort of like a bassier & darker version of the 1840?

 

Would help if more people mentioned what type of music they're using btw, harder to get an idea of the headphones without that info....

 

I don't find them "darker" per se, bassier yes.

Love the instrument separation and it is definitely up there with the 1840 and HD600. Very clear as well, but as I mentioned I liken them more to the 840s but more refined. ;-)

I haven't had the 1840s in months so maybe members with both at the moment might provide more detail.

 

I'm rocking mine right now.

Listening in Shuffle mode as usual. Genres I listen to: Emo, Pop, Punk, Metalcore, Salsa, Merengue, Hip Hop, Trance, House and Reggaeton. ;-)

post #330 of 492

Comfort is always top priority for me, and these look like they'd definitely be favorable over every other closed headphone for me.

vrt

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV