Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV - Page 21

post #301 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

Bigger image, more open sounding, especially in the upper mid and top. 7520 is a more compact sound.

 

The midrange is the Shure's real strong suit. I have never heard vocals sound more lifelike than what the 1540 portrays. And since vocals are a midrange item, and most music resides in the midrange, you can imagine why I keep listening!

 

Thanks. How would you say they compare in terms of detail retrieval. And how do the highs of the 1540 compare to the 7520? When listening to the 7520, they sound extremely detailed to me, every little nuance can be heard (even at low volume). Am curious how the 1540 performs in this area.

 

And how does the bass compare between these two?

post #302 of 492

I will try and do a proper A/B comparison between the two......although I hate it because it really disrupts the pleasure of enjoying music....like comparing the sound of car motors instead of going for a scenic drive.

post #303 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

I will try and do a proper A/B comparison between the two......although I hate it because it really disrupts the pleasure of enjoying music....like comparing the sound of car motors instead of going for a scenic drive.

I know what you mean :) But really appreciate that you're willing to take the time to do this :) I'm still on the fence about getting the 1540 as well.

post #304 of 492

hey guys an "idiot/noob" friend of mine got his hand on some $$ and he want to buy a gaming headphone, i told him buy SRH-940 cause they will satisfy you on both gaming/music!!  

can you please write something so he get convinced that Skullcandy, Astro, Razer might be worth the same price, yet he is paying for "brand/name" rather than paying for quality

please tell him that the SRH-940 is better and can do the gaming sound way better. 


why he does't listen to me? we all have this one/two friends who thing you are wrong because you are not a stranger :P 


thanks in advance ^^

post #305 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post
 

I know what you mean :) But really appreciate that you're willing to take the time to do this :) I'm still on the fence about getting the 1540 as well.

 

Quick response, I did a bit of comparison...and the 7520 seems to have a more solid bass but a bit more upper bass. The 1540 is a more balanced bass but slightly woolly, less solid and dynamic than the 7520. 1540 has more openness/definition in the midrange and top end, but the 7520 does retain decent clarity that locks in with the bottom end. 7520 has a nice cohesiveness about it and unless you really need the last bit of sparkle and space, you'd probably bee content with the 7520. I often prefer a tight, compact soundstage that holds everything together in a balanced manner. On the other hand, if you die for the midrange, love open & airy, and comfort is of high priority, you'll really enjoy the 1540. Both are nice, but different. And just to make matters even more complicated, I preferred the Focal Spirit Professional's bass over either the 7520 or 1540 :veryevil:

post #306 of 492

Guys, I totally need an IEM that sounds similar to the 1540 for on the go.

 

Suggestions, please?!?

post #307 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post
 

Guys, I totally need an IEM that sounds similar to the 1540 for on the go.

 

Suggestions, please?!?

I second that. I almost can't go back to anything else because of these headphones. I just use my apple EarPods on the go, knowing that I have my 1540s waiting for me at home.

 

I may just be done with my search for the perfect headphones. IEMs were starting to wear on me because it is really not ideal to stick an earpiece inside your ear canal. 

post #308 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

Quick response, I did a bit of comparison...and the 7520 seems to have a more solid bass but a bit more upper bass. The 1540 is a more balanced bass but slightly woolly, less solid and dynamic than the 7520. 1540 has more openness/definition in the midrange and top end, but the 7520 does retain decent clarity that locks in with the bottom end. 7520 has a nice cohesiveness about it and unless you really need the last bit of sparkle and space, you'd probably bee content with the 7520. I often prefer a tight, compact soundstage that holds everything together in a balanced manner. On the other hand, if you die for the midrange, love open & airy, and comfort is of high priority, you'll really enjoy the 1540. Both are nice, but different. And just to make matters even more complicated, I preferred the Focal Spirit Professional's bass over either the 7520 or 1540 :veryevil:


Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Guess I'll really have to go and give these a listen and make up my own mind about them :) They might be in stock here where I live by the end of this week, so maybe next week I can actually give them a proper listen.

post #309 of 492

Returning my FiiO E12. The 1540 is so easy to drive from my iPhone that I could live without the slight audio quality bump of the E12. 

post #310 of 492

Hi gelocks. It looks like you have come home after a picnic or campus so I would like to read your Shure 1540 review and comparison to other headphones that you have especially the Alpha Dog. Thanks.

post #311 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKnight View Post
 

Hi gelocks. It looks like you have come home after a picnic or campus so I would like to read your Shure 1540 review and comparison to other headphones that you have especially the Alpha Dog. Thanks.

 

Will do buddy.

Headphones are at my folks house right now, but I will make my way there tomorrow and will spend Thanksgiving giving them a spin. I will try and compare the Shure's against the Alpha Dogs and the Beyerdynamic T5p's...

 

(but I will say right now, the T5p's are face an uphill battle... ... .. just saying.. .. .. .)

post #312 of 492

Gelocks, how would you describe the treble on the 1540?

 

Edit: and can confirm the deal at Earphone solutions. You have to e-mail them to get a list of all the Shure deals with the correct coupon code. It's a good deal on the 1540. They however don't ship to Europe (Shure has put restrictions on the models sold in the US being exported). So too bad, I can't use that deal. Deal is until Dec 3rd or until supplies last.


Edited by starfly - 11/26/13 at 10:49am
post #313 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post
It's a good deal on the 1540. They however don't ship to Europe (Shure has put restrictions on the models sold in the US being exported). So too bad, I can't use that deal. Deal is until Dec 3rd or until supplies last.

 

I can help those not in the US provided that the buyer pays extra shipping (or better yet, let me audition the SRH1540 for a day or two : ).

post #314 of 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly View Post
 

Gelocks, how would you describe the treble on the 1540?

 

Edit: and can confirm the deal at Earphone solutions. You have to e-mail them to get a list of all the Shure deals with the correct coupon code. It's a good deal on the 1540. They however don't ship to Europe (Shure has put restrictions on the models sold in the US being exported). So too bad, I can't use that deal. Deal is until Dec 3rd or until supplies last.

 

More laid back than the T5p's and on par with the Alpha Dogs with regards to forwardness. Regarding extension, the T5p's reach a bit higher and their forwardness sometimes might be a bit too much on some tracks. Alpha's and Shure's are actually similar to my ears (regarding Treble). These are NOT bright as the usual Shure fare. They compare on the "highs" to the SRH1840s which in a way were similar to the Sennheiser HD600 signature (meaning warm-ish but detailed.) But in overall signature I liken the 1540s to the 840s but more detailed, more exact in the mid-bass to mids transition with more sub-bass and tamed treble energy. Hopefully I'll chime in with more if necessary when I get all three of them again and use them at home. ;-)

post #315 of 492

gelocks, you really have to try out the 1540 with the Alpha pads. Everything sounds sooo much better... :cool: 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Shure announcing new SRH1540 in Tokyo today! - Head-Fi TV