Hello, i had few iems <100$ in my life and one full size headphones. I liked full size headphones, but they wasn't comfortable for me so i choose to use iems. For now i have sennheiser cx 980 for about a year and looking to improvement. I will listen flacs with my galaxy s3 and sometimes will use them at home with xonar u7 sound card. I like to listen many kind of music, but most of them are electronic/rock/alternative rock. I narrow my search to these models Westone 4r/Shure 535/Logitech UE900, i want iems which have removable cable, in case it gets damaged so i can change it. I can spend 300-500$ for it,or maybe someone can offer any other iems to look into. What i dont know does these models need amp to sound best they can? Becouse i wouldn't like to carry amp everywhere with me. Also im not sure if iems with cable around ear will be comfortable for me becouse i never tried it. Looking for some help! :)
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productSennheiser CX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Ear Canel Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What IEM Should I Buy? Under $500 Last post on 4/6/13 at 9:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Looking for first audiophile iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fisher Amps Fa-3e are very good and are within your budget. They have detachable cables, but they go over your ears, which I have never found to be uncomfortable even with glasses on. Not sure how they are unamped, never tried them without a portable amp.
They also make an XB version for those who like more Bass. Never tried the XB. I have always found the standard type to be just fine. I have similar interest in music to you, and find there very good.
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 10/23/13 at 8:47am
After some more reading, im still thinking about shure se535/westone 4r. Shure 535 i could buy cheaper and probably could test them, but after my sennheiser's i suppose they sound much better so dont sure if that test will help me. What about amp, i wouldnt want to carry it, but if the sound will be much better i could think about it, just saw new fiio e18 which also works as dac for android devices, but its expensive investment and i wouldn't carry amp always with me.
- Looking for first audiophile iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SRH-1840 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 5 minutes ago
- › Is Sennheiser HD598 worth keeping? Or should I return it to Amazon... 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-S400 Carbon NanoTubes --- Excellent Condition 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)