Hello, i had few iems <100$ in my life and one full size headphones. I liked full size headphones, but they wasn't comfortable for me so i choose to use iems. For now i have sennheiser cx 980 for about a year and looking to improvement. I will listen flacs with my galaxy s3 and sometimes will use them at home with xonar u7 sound card. I like to listen many kind of music, but most of them are electronic/rock/alternative rock. I narrow my search to these models Westone 4r/Shure 535/Logitech UE900, i want iems which have removable cable, in case it gets damaged so i can change it. I can spend 300-500$ for it,or maybe someone can offer any other iems to look into. What i dont know does these models need amp to sound best they can? Becouse i wouldn't like to carry amp everywhere with me. Also im not sure if iems with cable around ear will be comfortable for me becouse i never tried it. Looking for some help! :)
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productSennheiser CX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Ear Canel Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What IEM Should I Buy? Under $500 Last post on 4/6/13 at 9:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
The Philips Fidelio X2 are my favorite of all the headphones I have listened so far, except the LCD3, for a few reasons. I have a few headphones (Blue Mo-Fi, HD800, HD650, HD598, HD558, Urbanite On...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Looking for first audiophile iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fisher Amps Fa-3e are very good and are within your budget. They have detachable cables, but they go over your ears, which I have never found to be uncomfortable even with glasses on. Not sure how they are unamped, never tried them without a portable amp.
They also make an XB version for those who like more Bass. Never tried the XB. I have always found the standard type to be just fine. I have similar interest in music to you, and find there very good.
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 10/23/13 at 8:47am
After some more reading, im still thinking about shure se535/westone 4r. Shure 535 i could buy cheaper and probably could test them, but after my sennheiser's i suppose they sound much better so dont sure if that test will help me. What about amp, i wouldnt want to carry it, but if the sound will be much better i could think about it, just saw new fiio e18 which also works as dac for android devices, but its expensive investment and i wouldn't carry amp always with me.
- Looking for first audiophile iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 30 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › DT770 pro 80's broke, confidence lost in Beyer...advice please 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Thinking of Hardwireing my Sennheiser HD800 myself using by... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Sediman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2