Hello, i had few iems <100$ in my life and one full size headphones. I liked full size headphones, but they wasn't comfortable for me so i choose to use iems. For now i have sennheiser cx 980 for about a year and looking to improvement. I will listen flacs with my galaxy s3 and sometimes will use them at home with xonar u7 sound card. I like to listen many kind of music, but most of them are electronic/rock/alternative rock. I narrow my search to these models Westone 4r/Shure 535/Logitech UE900, i want iems which have removable cable, in case it gets damaged so i can change it. I can spend 300-500$ for it,or maybe someone can offer any other iems to look into. What i dont know does these models need amp to sound best they can? Becouse i wouldn't like to carry amp everywhere with me. Also im not sure if iems with cable around ear will be comfortable for me becouse i never tried it. Looking for some help! :)
- productLogitech UE 900tagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productSennheiser CX 980 High Fidelity Metal Crafted Ear Canel Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productShure SE535LTD REDtagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by nightmancometh, 10/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- Bass Response between UE900, Westone 4R, and SE535? Last post on 10/23/13 at 1:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se535 vs special edition shure se535 vs ue900 vs westone 4r Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:51am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Most comfortable for lying on my side? Last post on 11/14/13 at 4:47pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What IEM Should I Buy? Under $500 Last post on 4/6/13 at 9:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 Vs UM3X Vs UE 900 Last post on 4/24/13 at 9:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Looking for first audiophile iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Fisher Amps Fa-3e are very good and are within your budget. They have detachable cables, but they go over your ears, which I have never found to be uncomfortable even with glasses on. Not sure how they are unamped, never tried them without a portable amp.
They also make an XB version for those who like more Bass. Never tried the XB. I have always found the standard type to be just fine. I have similar interest in music to you, and find there very good.
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 10/23/13 at 8:47am
After some more reading, im still thinking about shure se535/westone 4r. Shure 535 i could buy cheaper and probably could test them, but after my sennheiser's i suppose they sound much better so dont sure if that test will help me. What about amp, i wouldnt want to carry it, but if the sound will be much better i could think about it, just saw new fiio e18 which also works as dac for android devices, but its expensive investment and i wouldn't carry amp always with me.
- Looking for first audiophile iems
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 36 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 51 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The Answer to $400 Smooth & Warm Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2