I cant decide between the two, which has better sound?
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 10/23/13
Related Forum Threads
- Creative Aurvana Live! / CAL! Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need help with new headphones and staticy/fuzzy noise coming from a USB DAC Last post on 11/15/13 at 12:51pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 - SOLD (AUS) Last post on 11/9/13 at 5:36pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG K 240 vs Creative Aurvana Lives! Last post on 10/15/13 at 5:34am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 12/7/13 at 6:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
Q-audio French Silk Aftermarket Cable for MrSpeakers Alpha Dog INTRODUCTION I have spent a little over two months with the Alpha Dogs and its stock cable. About one month into the journey...
This will be a short synopsis of my findings after a few weeks with these. What they come with: First of all, they are shipped with a good deal of extras, including a longer studio-aimed cord,...
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Creative Aurvana Live! or AKG K 240?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry. I just couldn't resist.
Actually, I'm curious if PurpleAngel would rate the HSR-1000 better than his Sony MDR-V6, which is another headphone in the same budget range that you might consider.
The larger cups on the Gemini make my ears more comfortable and I believe the Gemini has better over all sound quality, then the K240/K242HD.
I really am thinking about it but i would of liked to know more about them, i mean they're a lot cheaper, 54 on amazon
I don't have any say on any of the other headphones mentioned here, as I don't own then, nor have I heard them. But what I can tell you is that I really enjoy my AKG K240 Studio. While, as PurpleAngel mentioned, the earcups or whatever may not be as large, they fit quite nicely over my ears. They do not clamp at all and are fairly comfortable to wear for long time spans, on a long day I can spend up to 8 hours on my K240s without taking them off, except for natural reasons. What I can say is that I fully enjoy the sound that the AKG K240 Studios make, I actually prefer them over the AKG Q701, as I feel the bass in the K240 is slightly more "powerful", which I like. The detachable cable is a really nice addition, cable dies you can swap it out, want a longer cable swap it out, want a better one swap it out. Simple as that.
Looking at the Creative Aurvana Live! headphones, I might actually find them slightly annoying because of the two sided cable. And depending on your needs and usage, it can be an hindrance. I listened to a pair of Sennheiser HD 203 at a store once and that was the one thing that really stood out. This was of course before I decided to buy the K240. A good point of the Aurvana Live is probably the impedance though, 32ohms is a lot lower then 54ohms. So it can be driven easily on PMPs and laptops.
Just my opinion, though I am extremely bias towards the AKG K240 Studios, as I own a pair, and won't ever regret the purchase.
I do prefer the HSR-1000s over the MDR-V6s, but I have not used my MDR-V6s in months, to maybe I should do a fresh comparison.
- Creative Aurvana Live! or AKG K 240?
- › TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC 10 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 35 seconds ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 58 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 1 minute ago
- › Two new HifiMan players announced: HM700 and HM802 2 minutes ago
- › Phono for V-Moda m80s 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › XBA-3/ XBA-30..The Appreciation thread. 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi