New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why not beats by Dre? - Page 3  

post #31 of 96
Ultrasone HFI-580 is another choice that would save you money. See this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534029/fight-the-beats-hype-ultrasone-hfi-580-hfi-580-appreciation-thread
post #32 of 96

Man.. the amount of hostility at the OP is borderline ridiculous but justified :P

 

Kid.. there is a lot of hate towards Beats and Bose and other fashionable rapper/celeb endorsed cans.. this is a forum built on the pursuit of hi fidelity through the usage of headphones.. hence Head-Fi. Don't ever fall into the trap of celeb endorsed products.

 

Second.. all forums are hostile towards people posting about the same question over and over again because the search will take less than 5 seconds and millions of threads will pop up.

 

Because of your lack of due diligence.. the backlash is warranted.

 

Next.. don't take recommendations at heart.. if they give you a brand&model.. research it YOURSELF. It pains me when I see a new guy saying to get the DT880s for rap/hiphop when the OP is clearly looking for impact bass not anemic bass.. wtf man.. get out of here. :P

 

I want to help you out bro.. cause it fills my heart to see someone wearing Senns, Beyers, AT's etc..

 

CHECK INTO THAT BASSHEAD CLUB THREAD.. it'll have everything you need to get started.

 

Now.. my personal recommendation for Rap/HipHop.. since this is a recommendation thread.

 

Ultrasone Pro900

V-Moda M-100

Sony XB-1000

Ultimate Ears UE6000

 

These are some of the best choices for those genres.. hands down.. don't just take my word for it (although you absolutely should).. research them. You'll find your answer.

post #33 of 96
Nobody has said this directly yet, so I will -- the main reason the beats suck is that they are super overpriced. Several of the headphones mentioned here, such as ultrasones, v moda, and Sony Xb series will all give you better bass (and better everything else -- mids, treble, detail, etc.) all for much less money.

If you want to get the beats, go ahead, but everyone is going to tell you its a bad idea and give you crap for it. This is head fi.
post #34 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

Man.. the amount of hostility at the OP is borderline ridiculous but justified :P

 

Kid.. there is a lot of hate towards Beats and Bose and other fashionable rapper/celeb endorsed cans.. this is a forum built on the pursuit of hi fidelity through the usage of headphones.. hence Head-Fi. Don't ever fall into the trap of celeb endorsed products.

 

Second.. all forums are hostile towards people posting about the same question over and over again because the search will take less than 5 seconds and millions of threads will pop up.

 

Because of your lack of due diligence.. the backlash is warranted.

 

Next.. don't take recommendations at heart.. if they give you a brand&model.. research it YOURSELF. It pains me when I see a new guy saying to get the DT880s for rap/hiphop when the OP is clearly looking for impact bass not anemic bass.. wtf man.. get out of here. :P

 

I want to help you out bro.. cause it fills my heart to see someone wearing Senns, Beyers, AT's etc..

 

CHECK INTO THAT BASSHEAD CLUB THREAD.. it'll have everything you need to get started.

 

Now.. my personal recommendation for Rap/HipHop.. since this is a recommendation thread.

 

Ultrasone Pro900

V-Moda M-100

Sony XB-1000

Ultimate Ears UE6000

 

These are some of the best choices for those genres.. hands down.. don't just take my word for it (although you absolutely should).. research them. You'll find your answer.

It is ridiculous, but not justified.  I used to think Beats were good before I lurked on Head-Fi, as have many.  Say what you will about Beats but without a common enemy, the Head-Fi community would not be as strong.

post #35 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

It is ridiculous, but not justified.  I used to think Beats were good before I lurked on Head-Fi, as have many.  Say what you will about Beats but without a common enemy, the Head-Fi community would not be as strong.



Eh Beats aren't "terrible" but more of the fact they aren't worth anywhere where the price suggests like example the Beats Pro sound ok but no where the $400 price tag suggest.



I got a pair of Ibeats for free So I can't complain as well.


That being said The V-moda M-80 or M-100 should be a good choice along with the Sony XB line perhaps? ( I haven't tried those other then one or 2 at a bestbuy store and sounded decent)
post #36 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

It is ridiculous, but not justified.  I used to think Beats were good before I lurked on Head-Fi, as have many.  Say what you will about Beats but without a common enemy, the Head-Fi community would not be as strong.

 

A lot of the backlash was because the OP didn't bother searching the threads properly.. as this has been answered so many times before.

 

Beats aren't bad.. they're just.. not worth the money. But neither is a lot of the products on head-fi... so.. that horse.. is.. gettin.. beat :)

post #37 of 96
No, beats are bad. If theyre severely overpriced, they're bad in my book.
post #38 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

No, beats are bad. If theyre severely overpriced, they're bad in my book.


Ya but if you can get a legit pair of Beat pro's for around $150 they aren't that bad imo
post #39 of 96
How often does that happen?

If the mdr v6 costed $700, its a bad headphone.
post #40 of 96

try some pioneer they have the bass your looking and blow away the beats in sound quality

post #41 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

No, beats are bad. If theyre severely overpriced, they're bad in my book.

Yeah.. I'm just sugarcoating it....

 

Bose is the worse.. $6000 for 1/2 inch sized speakers.. just.. gtfo!!! and oblivious people still think it's ok to buy them (my uncles.. egad.. my uncles.. I couldn't save them)

post #42 of 96

OP is gone.

post #43 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post
 

OP is gone.

Meh.. having the daily scheduled BeetsBoze bashing anyway.

post #44 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJesusGuy View Post
 

OP is gone.

I know right.

post #45 of 96

It's ridiculous. These people come here everyday asking about Beats and are completely uncooperative when people try to help.

It'd take all of 5 seconds to find an already open thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked