New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why not beats by Dre?  

post #1 of 96
Thread Starter 
Hello everyone, I'm very new here, as of five minutes ago, so please be patient.

Christmas is upon us and I'm looking at buying some headphones. I have been into various stores and tested some but would like some advice, first of all my favourite so far has been beats by dre pro. But everywhere I read people hate them, and I don't know why.

I love my rap and r'n'b, and also I'm impressed with how loud they go, which I'm finding is far better than heaps of other I've tried.

These will be sometimes used for gaming also.

Advice I'm after, why not beats? If so, what else will give me volume and bass?

Cheers redface.gif
post #2 of 96

dude. use the search bar. i'm probably going to be the only person to answer you. 

 

 

you clearly are aware to the hate for those pieces of garbage here. so. just stop. 

post #3 of 96

and volume? even the most bland of buds go up beyond a listenable volume. 

post #4 of 96
Thread Starter 
I tried that, too hard to understand.

I get they aren't great, but what do I get as a replacement, and none of this "buy anything" crap, I want model and brand to look at, and maybe they go loud enough to you, but not me.

How kind of you to post a reply on someones first post telling them to stop, thanks.
post #5 of 96

There have been a heap of threads exactly like this. Search it up. 

 

Anyway, you might want to look into Sony's XB line. 

post #6 of 96

Seems your values doesn't really align wiht ours here at head-fi, which makes it kind of hard to help you. You want bass and loud? I'd say sony xb500, jvc ha-s500. Dunno. Try search for bass head. If you really want volume, get a transportable amplifier and you can go blow out your eardrums.

 

I guess you are aware your ears will suffer pretty hard from such excessive volumes.

post #7 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Seems your values doesn't really align wiht ours here at head-fi, which makes it kind of hard to help you. You want bass and loud? I'd say sony xb500, jvc ha-s500. Dunno. Try search for bass head. If you really want volume, get a transportable amplifier and you can go blow out your eardrums.

 

I guess you are aware your ears will suffer pretty hard from such excessive volumes.

I'm not sure what's he's on about in regards to the volume. Apple earbuds through a smartphone at full volume is WAAAY louder than what volume you should be listening at. 

post #8 of 96
Thread Starter 
Values? Wow, second person to have a crack at me. Don't think I like these "values"

See, the apple earphones are loud enough, and I'm not wanting to carry around an amplifier, so thanks, but no thanks.

I looked at V-moda, because I like the design.

And thanks for the sony suggestion, but I would need convincing about there stuff, I have never liked there products, maybe the headphones are different.
post #9 of 96

If you are getting headphones because they look nice, you should probably just get some Beats. If you are impressed by them, just get them. 

post #10 of 96
Thread Starter 
I would, but people hate them, which must mean there is something wrong with them.

I joined here to find people with opinions about similar products, I'm not looking for design, I said I liked the look of them, I mostly want something that will give me bass to compliment the rap that I listen too.
post #11 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecam View Post

I tried that, too hard to understand.

I get they aren't great, but what do I get as a replacement, and none of this "buy anything" crap, I want model and brand to look at, and maybe they go loud enough to you, but not me.

How kind of you to post a reply on someones first post telling them to stop, thanks

 

 

"maybe they go loud enough for you but not for me"

 

 

kid. I've seen Sunn O))) live. i know what loud is. the loudest all my headphones go would deafen you. please. even the iPod buds i have would do permanent damage if you listened to them at full volume for longer then a few minutes. maybe your hearing is impaired? seriously. if you don't think a pair of headphones with their volume all the way up isn't loud enough then it sounds like you may have some damage done to your ears. 

 

 

also: if you did search then you would see this question is asked at least once a day. It's just clogging up the forums. A person who's question hasn't been answered here a million times is being shoved to the next page because you decided not to search. 

post #12 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecam View Post

And thanks for the sony suggestion, but I would need convincing about there stuff, I have never liked there products, maybe the headphones are different.

Why ask people for suggestions when you are not going to be.... convinced? 

post #13 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecam View Post

Values? Wow, second person to have a crack at me. Don't think I like these "values"

See, the apple earphones are loud enough, and I'm not wanting to carry around an amplifier, so thanks, but no thanks.

I looked at V-moda, because I like the design.

And thanks for the sony suggestion, but I would need convincing about there stuff, I have never liked there products, maybe the headphones are different.

 

 

he means you don't really care about sound quality. not your actual "values". you haven't spent any time at headfi and clearly haven't done any research. so obviously you aren't really aware of what we are talking about.

 

 

lurk more man. also PLEASE go back and search. your question has literally been answered a gazillion and one times. the fact that you said you couldn't understand any of the threads makes zero sense. 

post #14 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecam View Post

Values? Wow, second person to have a crack at me. Don't think I like these "values"

See, the apple earphones are loud enough, and I'm not wanting to carry around an amplifier, so thanks, but no thanks.

I looked at V-moda, because I like the design.

And thanks for the sony suggestion, but I would need convincing about there stuff, I have never liked there products, maybe the headphones are different.

 

 

v-modas are great. the m80 is fantastic. has great, punchy bass. is nicely priced. are made fantastically. meaning you can throw em across the room basically and they won't suffer any damage. they are my own the go go-to can. they are amazing. listen to my pair of m80's daily.

 

 

 

also: what type of music do you listen to? 

post #15 of 96

if you're looking at headphones for the design then just get the beats and be done with it. personally i find them ugly but it sounds like you would find them very appealing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked