This is my very first headphone amplifier. It's a FiiO E6.
What's inside? As you can see:
- The device itself
- An USB charging cable
- A short 3.5 mm L-shaped Aux cable
- A 90 cm 3.5 mm regular Aux cable.
- A pair of plastic clips.
- Introduction manual & warranty card
HOW'S IT WORKING
As you finish charging it for around 2 hours, you can turn it on with a sliding button in the left side an hold it for a second. Blue led in the corner will turned on indicating that the device is on.
At the back there is a small LED hole indicating the EQ type. You can change it by sliding the button up. I guess there is 4 type of EQ:
1. No LED. Means the device just transmitting and amplify the power so you can use your 'heavy' headphones (for example Sennheiser HD800, with 300 ohm impedance, not really sure if it able to drive the baby ) with your iPod or smartphones.
2. First slide, RED. I guess it is a Low EQ that amplify your base. It doesn't really push the base too far, but you will notice a raise especially in a higher frequencies of base.
3. Second slide, BLUE. I guess it is a Mid EQ. But to be honest, I can't really found a distinct sounds as expected from an amplifier.
4. Third slide, MAGENTA. It is recessed the sounds so that I have to volume up for this EQ. As well, I can't really found a distinct sounds as expected.
For notes, I am using this FiiO E6 with my Sennheiser HD 429 & Lumia 720.
Anyway, it just a first impression review, I might get a better view later
Thinking about buying the E11 as well.
Edited by samu - 10/21/13 at 8:35am