Dual Canadian/Narnian citizenship.
Actually I'll copy-pasta a previous introduction from another group. Like Digi said (obviously directed at me) - I'm lazy.
- Eccentric cat cracker with a penchant for fruit.
- Halfway stuck in between Richmond and Vancouver during the day.
- Started out on erji.net, back in '06-07 (can't remember for the life of me). HD580s. Shures. Then the K702. The list goes on. Lurked here for a while.
- Not a very music/audio-centric family growing up. Avid collector of cassette tapes back then, so only the strangest musical tastes here.
- I like IEMs. You know those wide, plastic medicine cabinets sectioned out 6x6. Back in the day I always had each slot filled up at some point or another.
- Not a gear junkie though, if I must be honest. Half my listening nowadays - done through a cheap stereo connected to the tape machine, sometimes played through the Mackies. Sometimes.
- Back to the music - wet my teeth with jazz - bebop, hard bop, Sun Ra, weird things. Old pop and ballads. Infatuations up to now include post-rock, math, shoegaze, avant-garde, space, experimental, noise, drone. The likes. Some minimal stuff like Cupol. Electronic stuff - like the shifty messy poppy, P-Model, the likes. Listing genres can be droll, self-indulgent and ultimately futile - if you want, just hit me up for a meet and I'll bring the collection on the external HDs.
- Current inventory - LCD-2 + mini-X a-100 + E10/ODAC. Can't be bothered with full-sized rigs any more. Never ended up re-buying the DAC1 or my old big rigs.
- I much prefer IEMs since most of the time I'm out and about. Also I enjoy the intimacy. Just a Clip Zip + whatever I have on hand.
- ER4P, HD580, W4, HE-400. That's about it for me in terms of a stable rig, everything else is a moving target. The latter two I keep out of laziness and inertia. I genuinely enjoy the first two, very much so.
- In terms of sound preferences - Cleanliness and clarity are priorities. Clean decay, no overhang. Clarity is the objective - might not be the end result though. I can handle a slightly sloped-up or sloped-down treble - must be smooth and airy. Tactile and tight bass, with good texturing. Nothing wonky or diffused in terms of stage. Essentially the SR-007/009 but I can't be bothered to do stats, at all. Have no inclination after a previous venture.
- The little indulgences like the odd IEM purchase now and then - that's where the fun is for me.
- Future plans - something more comfortable would be nice. I'm also coming across way too many people with gear that I stop in the middle of the street and have a convo with - a portable baseline reference has always been in the back of my mind. Customs. L05-QD, C435. I likes the pretty. That's about it.
- Maybe an Anedio D2 or a Jade 2 if they manage to release that in my lifetime. Ooooh, and those Stax portables.
- And more CDs. Always more CDs. Can't have enough of those. By god I'd love some Quiznos right now as well.
- In terms of non-audio stuff - you might find me as an ex-participant on some forums - dev, music, etc. You think I blabber on too much here, ha...My lips are sealed as to which ones though. No satanic ones involved, I promise. And no, I'll never use the same username twice.
- Tree wanker waffle tips. I love mincing words up. That also happens to be my paypal passwor-trees, trees, trees.