- up to $400 budget
- on-ear, not around-ear or in-ear
- no preference for noise cancellation
- comfort and mobility are key (lightweight, won't cause sweatiness or pressure on head)
- no Bose or Beats by Dre
If you have thought of any pairs to help me out by now you can stop reading here and please post, thank you so much!
If you care to read my musical/technical preferences to help you help me then read on!
I listen to rap, primarily rap that is very lyrical. Thus, I prefer
- emphasized highs, I would like the "kicks" in the beats of the songs to be almost biting
- an adequate mid-range, especially if I am listening to a rapper with a lower voice
- bass that is present in the proper amount. Not overpowering the mid or hi, and not so lacking that you have to focus to hear it.
Thank you so so much!
EDIT: Just to add, I am a raphead, a connoisseur of rap, rap is a huge part of my life from music from the 90s to modern rap, etc. And I prefer listening on my Apple Earpods than my Beats by Dre Studio headphones.
Edited by Sean R - 10/18/13 at 8:49pm