- 243 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
- productMonster® DNA In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk™ for Apple - Blacktagged by iphiclus1, 11/1/13
- productMonster DNA On-Ear Headphonetagged by iphiclus1, 11/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Music Setup Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DNA Pro 2.0 vs Inspiration Active Noise Cancelling Last post on 2/2/15 at 7:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $15 Custom Molded IEM!!!! ...well, sorta. Apple Earpods + Radians custom molded ear plugs Last post on 12/16/14 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Broken earbud wire Monster DNA In-Ear Last post on 6/5/14 at 9:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Spent the day listening to various headphones around town. 10 cans tested Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
Monster DNA in-ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what with Dr Dre leaving the company, I'd expect that there'd be improvements, when the ceo was interviewed, he was showing off the vektr and tears and he thinks they're better, and so far they've had mixed reviews... I know skullcandy have upped their game a lot, it used to be just the aviators that were competitive, but now the newer edition of hesh seems to have improved, I haven't tested out many other models so I can't vouch for all of them, and maybe monster is copying the trend, the other day I did actually see it in the sponsor's window at the bottom of the page, hope this helps :)
Design: Seems to be made of plastic. Pretty good build quality. Really like the fact that it has the triangle thing like the DNA headphones.
Comfort: Pretty light (not that I have heavy earphones- I'm only 14). Comes with a pack with quite a few eartips. At first, they weren't comfy and kept falling out, but then I found the pack of eartips and I adjusted them to my liking.
Durability/Portability: Feel they should last a good while, not sure yet. Comes with a pretty nifty case.
Sound Quality: I listen to a lot of different genres, predominantly EDM.
Songs I tested out:
Coldplay - Paradise: An alright experience. Vocals were a bit muffled, Instruments too. Clearer than iBeats, though, I'll give you that. Could be louder.
Eminem - Berzerk: Bass was adequate. Could understand Eminem's every word, except when he raps incredibly fast. Mids were filling. A little too much treble, but it didn't bother me too much. Could be louder.
Mark Knight and Funkagenda - Man With The Red Face (Hardwell Edit): This is where they shine, if you ask me. Bass is superb. Very Clear. Whatever sounds they use in the song, you can hear. ASTOUNDING CLARITY. Could be louder.
In short: Very clear. Bass is pretty good and tight, but not overwhelming in any way. Treble is slightly increased. Mids are laid back, not as filling as I would want, but still doesn't bother me. So are they worth it? For their asking price ($99.99), HELL NO. For the black Friday price (49.99$), Probably, if you get a protection plan. Thanks for reading. Im in no way an audiophile, so if you want, you can take my review with a grain of salt. This is my opinion, however.
I just bought those Monster DNA today, along with the JVC HA-FX3X. The DNA are very bad : loose bass all over the place, very recessed midrange and ackward denatured bizarre treble ! The JVC FX3X on the other hand, are a fun beast : they have that kind of sound that, while not neutral at all, is very fun to listen to. For an extra bass earphone, they have a balanced sound. Music is actually very enjoyable throught the JVC.
With the Monster DNA, you have a very dark, muffled sound with no details, yuk ! A few years ago, I tried the Monster Turbine and was really impressed by the sound, but the fit was poor. I can't believe the DNA come out from the same company, with this botched sound.
But my best overall sounding earphone, with accurate bass, midrange and treble, is the Monoprice 9927 at 7,65$ - sometimes life has no sense with things like that...
Just picked these up for a great price and have to say I'm quite suprised by the look and sound of these things. My first Monster IEM. They are slightly big like Sony XB60EX but caution is needed not to push it too far inside the ear canal otherwise you're gonna yell in pain. The moment I put it on, it blocked the outside world (isolation was far superior than any passive ear cushion I ever used).
The sound was not to bassy and sounds excellent with electronic music.
- Monster DNA in-ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 55 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Best 2.0/2.1 Speakers for $350 2 minutes ago
- › Bassy Head/earphones for flight 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- ONLY 2 DAYS AWAY!!! 5 minutes ago
- › TF10 Replacement Ebay Cables? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Skullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Size by cs098
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2