- 243 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
- productMonster® DNA In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk™ for Apple - Blacktagged by iphiclus1, 11/1/13
- productMonster DNA On-Ear Headphonetagged by iphiclus1, 11/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- My Music Setup Last post on 11/16/14 at 5:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- $15 Custom Molded IEM!!!! ...well, sorta. Apple Earpods + Radians custom molded ear plugs Last post on 12/16/14 at 12:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Broken earbud wire Monster DNA In-Ear Last post on 6/5/14 at 9:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Spent the day listening to various headphones around town. 10 cans tested Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the warranty on Monster DNA in-ear? Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
Monster DNA in-ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what with Dr Dre leaving the company, I'd expect that there'd be improvements, when the ceo was interviewed, he was showing off the vektr and tears and he thinks they're better, and so far they've had mixed reviews... I know skullcandy have upped their game a lot, it used to be just the aviators that were competitive, but now the newer edition of hesh seems to have improved, I haven't tested out many other models so I can't vouch for all of them, and maybe monster is copying the trend, the other day I did actually see it in the sponsor's window at the bottom of the page, hope this helps :)
Design: Seems to be made of plastic. Pretty good build quality. Really like the fact that it has the triangle thing like the DNA headphones.
Comfort: Pretty light (not that I have heavy earphones- I'm only 14). Comes with a pack with quite a few eartips. At first, they weren't comfy and kept falling out, but then I found the pack of eartips and I adjusted them to my liking.
Durability/Portability: Feel they should last a good while, not sure yet. Comes with a pretty nifty case.
Sound Quality: I listen to a lot of different genres, predominantly EDM.
Songs I tested out:
Coldplay - Paradise: An alright experience. Vocals were a bit muffled, Instruments too. Clearer than iBeats, though, I'll give you that. Could be louder.
Eminem - Berzerk: Bass was adequate. Could understand Eminem's every word, except when he raps incredibly fast. Mids were filling. A little too much treble, but it didn't bother me too much. Could be louder.
Mark Knight and Funkagenda - Man With The Red Face (Hardwell Edit): This is where they shine, if you ask me. Bass is superb. Very Clear. Whatever sounds they use in the song, you can hear. ASTOUNDING CLARITY. Could be louder.
In short: Very clear. Bass is pretty good and tight, but not overwhelming in any way. Treble is slightly increased. Mids are laid back, not as filling as I would want, but still doesn't bother me. So are they worth it? For their asking price ($99.99), HELL NO. For the black Friday price (49.99$), Probably, if you get a protection plan. Thanks for reading. Im in no way an audiophile, so if you want, you can take my review with a grain of salt. This is my opinion, however.
I just bought those Monster DNA today, along with the JVC HA-FX3X. The DNA are very bad : loose bass all over the place, very recessed midrange and ackward denatured bizarre treble ! The JVC FX3X on the other hand, are a fun beast : they have that kind of sound that, while not neutral at all, is very fun to listen to. For an extra bass earphone, they have a balanced sound. Music is actually very enjoyable throught the JVC.
With the Monster DNA, you have a very dark, muffled sound with no details, yuk ! A few years ago, I tried the Monster Turbine and was really impressed by the sound, but the fit was poor. I can't believe the DNA come out from the same company, with this botched sound.
But my best overall sounding earphone, with accurate bass, midrange and treble, is the Monoprice 9927 at 7,65$ - sometimes life has no sense with things like that...
Just picked these up for a great price and have to say I'm quite suprised by the look and sound of these things. My first Monster IEM. They are slightly big like Sony XB60EX but caution is needed not to push it too far inside the ear canal otherwise you're gonna yell in pain. The moment I put it on, it blocked the outside world (isolation was far superior than any passive ear cushion I ever used).
The sound was not to bassy and sounds excellent with electronic music.
- Monster DNA in-ear?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone for Home Listening and Gaming ~$200 18 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 40 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Is this enough power? 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Case for the Sony MDR V6 headphone ? 2 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)