or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ($150-$250) Which IEM Is Preferable (Flat Response, or a slight V)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

($150-$250) Which IEM Is Preferable (Flat Response, or a slight V) - Page 2

Poll Results: Which One?

 
  • 30% (7)
    GR07 MKII
  • 0% (0)
    GR01
  • 30% (7)
    TF10
  • 13% (3)
    DBA-02 MK2
  • 26% (6)
    Other
23 Total Votes  
post #16 of 39

I suggest TF10 or X10. Actually, I think X10 is better than TF10 because x10 is very comfortable to wear

post #17 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxh930223 View Post

I suggest TF10 or X10. Actually, I think X10 is better than TF10 because x10 is very comfortable to wear
+1 x10 is actually a whole lot more neutral and has better soundstage than tf10. Both share cable problems though. X10's strain relief sucks and tf10 has horrible jack issues
post #18 of 39
Thread Starter 
The x10 or x10i?
post #19 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post
 

well without reference to where the breakdown of the cable is happening its hard to tell what your talking about exactly when you say the cable breaks.

 

but even if it does break its removeable there for you can replace it if it breaks no sweat.

I've had a couple of pairs of TF10 in the past and have broken two standard cables just after the Y split and one near the pins.  The jack end is easy to repair but both of these places were fatal :triportsad:

 

The black Fiio cable wasn't much better, I had to add heatshrink near the pins within two months and had to replace the jack.  It still died.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

The x10 or x10i?

The i has a mic for phone use, if you don't need one get the standard version.  These are very comfortable (plenty of people say the TF10 isn't but I didn't have a problem) but X10 doesn't have user replaceable cable so you have to be extra nice to them...


Edited by suicidal_orange - 10/20/13 at 9:46am
post #20 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorkiPoo View Post

The version of the 700 before Logitech bought UE is alot more sibilant and theres less bass, The Logitech version is more balanced out and is only mildly sibilant. Heres a thread where Joker compares the two. http://www.head-fi.org/t/599247/heads-up-two-versions-of-the-ue700
thanks for clearing that up for me. I definitely have the Logitech version then. Plenty of bass, but not out of balance with everything else, and only slight silibance with poor source material. A great pair of IEMs for the price
post #21 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

The x10 or x10i?
There is no difference between the strain relief of the x10 and the x10i so basically both have crappy strain relief. Even when I demoed them I was like : what the hell? There is basically no proper strain relief, just some fanciful rubber that klipsch calls a 'tail'. However sound wise I'm not too sure about the diff cos my country only sells the x10i and x11 so I'm not sure how the mic will change the sound
post #22 of 39
Tf10 all the way I dont care what people say. If the cable breaks buy another hell if its the stock cable thats a worry get a upgrade cable bam no worries.

The klipsch line sucks all the way up to the x10 the build quality is subpar to something in the same price range. I will give great comfort yes. But lacking in every other detail. Its really nit worth it at all.

There are so many othef iems out there that offer so much more than the x10.

When I owned the tf10 I was blown away by its sound quality esp if you csn get it for a decent price.
post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 
So if the cable breaks 10 times ill have to pay $150 extra? By the polls, the tf10 and gr07 are about even. Ill let them play it out but thanks!
post #24 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

So if the cable breaks 10 times ill have to pay $150 extra? By the polls, the tf10 and gr07 are about even. Ill let them play it out but thanks!

thats not how it works. thats not how this logic works. for one it depends on how people store their iems how people take care of their iems, do they just yank them out of their ears? do they hap hazardly store their equipment?

 

think of it like this, with the gr07 say the cable goes bad, your out IEMS! vs a cable replacement. 180.00 replacement vs 30.00

 

you can always go and get a upgrade cable and have it made however you want whomever makes it can make it better than stock run about $80.00

post #25 of 39
I listened to the tf10s today and was reminded again. THESE ARE NOY FLAT AND NEITHER DO THEY HAVE A SLIGHT V SHAPED SOUND SIG. Even the gr07s don't have that. This thread is supposed to help Trunks159 find a neutral or slightly v-shaped pair of iems. Keep that in mind guys when you're suggesting stuff cos I get the sense that most suggestions were made based on price and value, rather than sound sig. I'm not saying the x10s I rooted for are neutral but they are a whole lot more neutral than the tf10s and gr07s
post #26 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

I listened to the tf10s today and was reminded again. THESE ARE NOY FLAT AND NEITHER DO THEY HAVE A SLIGHT V SHAPED SOUND SIG. Even the gr07s don't have that. This thread is supposed to help Trunks159 find a neutral or slightly v-shaped pair of iems. Keep that in mind guys when you're suggesting stuff cos I get the sense that most suggestions were made based on price and value, rather than sound sig. I'm not saying the x10s I rooted for are neutral but they are a whole lot more neutral than the tf10s and gr07s

Sound is Subjective, if you were to make a thread that said name a iem with a V shaped Sound Sig the TF10 would come up more than twice. being that sound is subjective everyone hears differently and perceives the sound differently.

 

as far as the TF10 are concerned they fall in all 3 categories price,value and sound signature.....most other iems are going to fall in one or the other or 2 but not all 3 in my opinion.

 

excellent sound quality, good build quality, removeable cable.

 

also take into consideration if you are looking for a ''poll'' tgo govern your choices that in this hobby, sound IS subjective and people do perceive sound differently so one persons go to might not be another persons. to get a general idea of what people think but i definitly think with sound being so subjective to mearly base your decision off a poll is crazy.....ive seen many threads where people say get this its really good. and the person does, and doesnt like the sound.

 

even my opinions are subjective


Edited by Mooses9 - 10/21/13 at 8:09am
post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 

I'm not a fool, I won't just buy a pair of headphones simply because it was recommended the most.  Actually I might, but if I can always return the headphones or/and determine the sound signature on my own so the decision isn't that serious. I'll then learn who on Head-Fi hears similarly to me and then can eventually make a very well educated purchase.  In the end, I'm sure I'll be happy with either of these IEM's.

post #28 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

I'm not a fool, I won't just buy a pair of headphones simply because it was recommended the most.  Actually I might, but if I can always return the headphones or/and determine the sound signature on my own so the decision isn't that serious. I'll then learn who on Head-Fi hears similarly to me and then can eventually make a very well educated purchase.  In the end, I'm sure I'll be happy with either of these IEM's.

 

lol your funny. im jk.

 

live and learn, you will eventually find what you like.

post #29 of 39
Thread Starter 

Exactly.

 

I'm not really sold on the TF10 because admittedly... let's just say that I don't handle my things as well as some of you guys.  I would probably have to repeatedly buy cables and that just doesn't seem smart.

 

I'm probably going to get the GR07 (no guarantees) now, and thank you guys.

 

Random question, what is the M50 of the IEM world?  Doesn't have to do with sound signature, just with popularity and reviews (this will probably not effect my decision as I'm asking this question only because I'm curious).


Edited by Trunks159 - 10/22/13 at 11:46am
post #30 of 39

well at least u made a decision on a iem.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › ($150-$250) Which IEM Is Preferable (Flat Response, or a slight V)