or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread - Page 22

post #316 of 450

These are definitely wonderful sounding. No doubt better than most of the beforementioned ones.

After 200 hours of burn-in they sound quite different than out-of the box, bass is better, stage is deeper, vocals are extremely impressive and upfont. One drawback, I am still using -6db eq to tame midbass area

Way more detailed, faster, and more spacious than RE-0 and MH1C.

 

My ears thank you, Inks and other contributors who convinced me to buy these..


Edited by yalper - 12/15/13 at 10:21am
post #317 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post
 

These are definitely wonderful sounding. No doubt better than most of the beforementioned ones.

After 200 hours of burn-in they sound quite different than out-of the box, bass is better, stage is deeper, vocals are extremely impressive and upfont. One drawback, I am still using -6db eq to tame midbass area

Way more detailed, faster, and more spacious than RE-0 and MH1C.

 

My ears thank you, Inks and other contributors who convinced me to buy these..

That's something...!!! which version you got,  the SE ?

post #318 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
 

That's something...!!! which version you got,  the SE ?

I've been listening QB2 HSS-F530, I have to listen the newer F531 SE version asap.  

post #319 of 450
So I was very impressed yet disappointed with these. They were very close to being very very good, with only a few things holding them back.

I decided to give them a last hurrah and run them through my Quickstep.

I'll have a short write-up soon but as a preview:

Assuming a decent lower mid bass cut, these are a very technically sound, but have several what I call intangibles holding them back. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to people looking for a solid IEM on the cheap.

They were a bit lacking when comparing to high expectations though until I ran them through my Quickstep, which helped one of my biggest problems with them, and made them sing and made me want to listen to them. Either they are one of those IEMs that needs something that a dedicated amp provides other than volume, or the synergy with the Quickstep is phenomenal.

I'm actually finding that they are pretty revealing of the chain.

Conclusion:

Want a great no muss no fuss IEM for $30? You don't really need to look much further.

Want a bit more from your $30 investment?
Use a DAP with a decent EQ and even out the lower midbass at around 170hz by 4-6db with a Q value of between 0.5-0.6.

Want to see what a $30 IEM can really offer?
Run it through a $380 (retail) amp. rolleyes.gif
Edited by vwinter - 12/15/13 at 10:42am
post #320 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

They were a bit lacking when comparing to high expectations though until I ran them through my Quickstep, which helped one of my biggest problems with them, and made them sing and made me want to listen to them. Either they are one of those IEMs that needs something that a dedicated amp provides other than volume, or the synergy with the Quickstep is phenomenal.

 I don't think in the same way, these are easier to drive than MH1C for instance. I listen them mostly at max of 5/10 volume level of my dap, instead of 8 or 9/10 for MH1C. 

 

 I have no amp currently, feeding or driving is not my concern about these. I believe amping is beneficial though.

post #321 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post

 I don't think in the same way, these are easier to drive than MH1C for instance. I listen them mostly at max of 5/10 volume level of my dap, instead of 8 or 9/10 for MH1C. 

 I have no amp currently, feeding or driving is not my concern about these. I believe amping is beneficial though.

I wrote in the text you quoted, albeit in a roundabout way, that it's definitely not about volume level. They don't need an amp for volume. It might just be a good pairing. I don't have any other dedicated amps to test it with to be able to say that it's amping in general or just the Quickstep.
Edited by vwinter - 12/15/13 at 12:00pm
post #322 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

I wrote in the test you quoted, albeit in a roundabout way, that it's definitely not about volume level. They don't need an amp for volume. It might just be a good pairing. I don't have any other dedicated amps to test it with to be able to say that it's amping in general or just the Quickstep.

I got you. 

$380 "retail" amp should make a day night difference for even dirt cheap skullcandies, isn't it?   " "

post #323 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post

I got you. 
$380 "retail" amp should make a day night difference for even dirt cheap skullcandies, isn't it?   " "

Haha, "retail" cuz it's on sale at the moment.

Night and day? Not that I've heard. That would probably be in the ears of the individual. Your night and day might be my small change. It's just that in the case of this particular IEM, it addressed a very specific issue for me.
post #324 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Your night and day might be my small change.

If you live in Tromsø Norway there is no visible sun, it is considered 24 hours night this time of year, in Ushuaia Argentina days are more than 17 hours long, I've lived 9 hours of day time today..  man what are we talking about :) Lol..

post #325 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalper View Post
 

These are definitely wonderful sounding. No doubt better than most of the beforementioned ones.

After 200 hours of burn-in they sound quite different than out-of the box, bass is better, stage is deeper, vocals are extremely impressive and upfont. One drawback, I am still using -6db eq to tame midbass area

Way more detailed, faster, and more spacious than RE-0 and MH1C.

 

My ears thank you, Inks and other contributors who convinced me to buy these..

what do you use to tame the midbass down, i'm using an iphone/ ipod touch if that matters hooked up to a fiioe6

 

just use bass reducer? lol i haven't come across a good eq app

post #326 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

what do you use to tame the midbass down, i'm using an iphone/ ipod touch if that matters hooked up to a fiioe6

just use bass reducer? lol i haven't come across a good eq app

Not directed at me but Equalizer is solid enough. Visually and ease of use wise, not the most polished, but the functionality is good.
post #327 of 450

Im deciding on whether I should wait on the SE or just go with the regular quadbeat 2s. Ive done some research and the only difference I see is that the SE has a lower impedance of 20 vs 24 for the standard edition. 

post #328 of 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees3511 View Post
 

Im deciding on whether I should wait on the SE or just go with the regular quadbeat 2s. Ive done some research and the only difference I see is that the SE has a lower impedance of 20 vs 24 for the standard edition. 

they're already available, aren't they?

post #329 of 450

not on amazon just yet.

post #330 of 450

It has been a long time since I got the Qb2s. Now time for a review and comparison with both my iems.

 

In my early impressions, I've said it didn't draw my attention out of the box and the stock tips were really crappy for me. After about 100 or so burn in and changing the tips to ultimate ears sf5 tips the veil was mostly gone, not to the degree of absence, but still there. One thing I like most about the sound of Qb2 is its admirable spaciousness, staging and seperation but all these are after some modding. First I took off the filter which I think is responsible for that veil as it is thick and has a dense texture. So I put the RE0 filter on the nozzle. Now the sound was more refined especially the mids were more clear and vocals had some texture and air. The mids are more upfront than RE0s but with more bass presence. I must say the bass is better on both quality and quantity-wise on RE0s because of that midbass hump on Qbs as expected.Mids are also better on RE0s and no need to say that it can't rival RE0s treble.

 

For its money, I think it is the best well spent $30 for me and I can strongly recommend anyone who is in search for a great iem without spending to much money.;) 


Edited by ozkan - 12/18/13 at 7:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › LG Quadbeat 2 Impressions Thread