Just wondering what some of the speaker equivalents would be for speakers and headphones; you know, which are similar in cost, design, sound signature, looks, etc. For example, Grados headphones & Klipsh speakers could be said to be similar as both are quite efficient and are many say both have bright/harsh sound. I don't know either to give specific models, but the more detailed the better! Pictures are bonus!
I'd start by maybe comparing the AKG Q701s to Ascend towers:
- Just about the sweet spot for price, not so cheap as to seriously compromise performance, but not stupidly expensive either. Just the right price for serious 'affordable' gear!
- Excellent price/performance ratio.
- They both aim for a neutral sound; balanced sound from top to bottom, without an emphasis in any frequency. Both more about resolution, detailed, natural sound.
- None are really bass monsters (neither strive to be) but both have good solid bass
- Mids/highs, again, both very solid, just I think, similar sound signature...
- Both seem to based on performance. No fancy bells and whistles, just no frills solid performers!
Edited by GirgleMirt - 10/19/13 at 7:07am