- 3 Posts. Joined 10/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser HD 558 Last post on 7/5/12 at 12:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 555 headband replacement - will the one from HD 558 fit? Last post on 1/9/15 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a replacement for HD555 Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD555 vs HD 558 vs Audio Technica AD700x Last post on 10/22/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company...
Help a noob with heaphones purchase?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I currently use Sennheiser HD25-1 as my primary gaming headset/every day headphone. SUPER durable (dropped this headphone a few times, still trucking on), and great sound.
Before these I bought the Sennheieser HD555's, still have them too, but I'm not sure if you can buy those new anymore? Correct me if I'm wrong. As for the mic, I went with the Zalman clip on mic. Nothing special, gets the job done, and inexpensive.
But, that's the only downside. I play with open headphones and I like it.
Get any directional desktop mic; also there are mics that clip onto your headphones.
If you want closed, try Creative Aurvana Live. Also, I played for a while with a Beyer DT770 Pro and liked it, though it is a tad bass-heavy. The positioning was top notch.
Gaming headsets are, for the most part, cheaply made and overpriced, so I'm not surprised at your bad luck with them.
Is the sound card necessary? From my understanding, wouldn't a sound card that cheap make no difference? Pardon my noobishness if I'm completely wrong.
The older or cheaper the motherboard is, the more noticeable the Xonar DG will improve audio quality.
After $10 mail in rebate, it's costing you less then $20 to try the Xonar DG.
But I'm not in a position to say for sure it will be a noticeable difference.
I would think it would at least make a minor improvement.
- Help a noob with heaphones purchase?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 8 minutes ago
- › The Meaning of Life 8 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › 3 cheap ways to get interior design advice
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2