- 3 Posts. Joined 10/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- In need of headphones + amp for under 175$ Last post on 12/1/12 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about the Sennheiser HD 558 Last post on 7/5/12 at 12:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD555 vs HD 558 vs Audio Technica AD700x Last post on 10/22/13 at 11:29am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Would Asus Xonar D1 or DG be a good match for expensive headphones? Last post on 7/19/13 at 6:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Size Matters - Earpad hole measurements for Over-ear Headphones.... Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:40am in Headphones (full-size)
Help a noob with heaphones purchase?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I currently use Sennheiser HD25-1 as my primary gaming headset/every day headphone. SUPER durable (dropped this headphone a few times, still trucking on), and great sound.
Before these I bought the Sennheieser HD555's, still have them too, but I'm not sure if you can buy those new anymore? Correct me if I'm wrong. As for the mic, I went with the Zalman clip on mic. Nothing special, gets the job done, and inexpensive.
But, that's the only downside. I play with open headphones and I like it.
Get any directional desktop mic; also there are mics that clip onto your headphones.
If you want closed, try Creative Aurvana Live. Also, I played for a while with a Beyer DT770 Pro and liked it, though it is a tad bass-heavy. The positioning was top notch.
Gaming headsets are, for the most part, cheaply made and overpriced, so I'm not surprised at your bad luck with them.
Is the sound card necessary? From my understanding, wouldn't a sound card that cheap make no difference? Pardon my noobishness if I'm completely wrong.
The older or cheaper the motherboard is, the more noticeable the Xonar DG will improve audio quality.
After $10 mail in rebate, it's costing you less then $20 to try the Xonar DG.
But I'm not in a position to say for sure it will be a noticeable difference.
I would think it would at least make a minor improvement.
- Help a noob with heaphones purchase?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit combination for HD800 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Jecklin Float Owners Headcount - fuglyphones owners unite 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)