- 37 Posts. Joined 1/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productFostex TH600 Dynamic Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productFostex TH 900tagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
- productLittle Dot MK IIItagged by nightmancometh, 11/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 8:07 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphones (300-400 USD) that go well with the NuForce Icon HDP Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Question about DT880 and Fiio E7 + E9 pairing Last post on 7/10/12 at 3:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The AKG K550 - My initial experiences and a review/comparison with the D2000! Last post on 12/14/12 at 8:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Best closed headphonespost #1 of 310/16/13 at 1:39amThread StarterHi! Currently, I have an AKG 550 connected to my iMac, a Fiio E10 as DAC and a Little Dot MKIII. Could you suggest me better closed headphones with similar sound/stage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/16/13 at 2:48am
from what ive read, the a900x may have better imaging and possibly soundstage
im not sure if there are any better closed headphones that have better soundstage than the k550. or if there is, it'll cost a lot of money (d7000/th600/th900)post #3 of 310/16/13 at 6:41amQuote:
I had the a900x and K550 together in the same month
honestly if you an upgrade, try the Purrin Modded W1000x, I tried
Sound Magic Hp 100
Audio Technica A900x
and at the end of the day, non of them matched my w1000x. All of them had less sound stage, less imaging and... a lesser sound quality over all
The Hp 100 and k550 had slighty better Sub Bass, but where narrow and slighty congested in comparison. A fully modded [and Pad Repalced] w1000x goes for around $400 or so IF you can find it!
- Best closed headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Head-Fi Art Club 41 seconds ago
- › EQ cure all? 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One MKII / MKII MUSES Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for some IEMs with a natural sound but with extra bass 4 minutes ago
- › Open Headphones to Suit Acoustic, Folk/Singer-songwriter, and Rock 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)